Pro Players that deserve RESPECT

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What Pro Players do you feel lead a clean life in both Pool and their own personal life.

These are the players that deserve Total Respect

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tommy Kennedy, Thorsten Holman, Ralph Soguet, Shane Van Boening, come to mind right away.

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tommy Kennedy, Thorsten Holman, Ralph Soguet, Shane Van Boening, come to mind right away.

I gotta agree with all your selections

Another name Id like to add is Pat Fleming. Ive known him abut 30 years and Id have to say, he is the most honest player Ive ever known. He is one of the rare few that will call a foul on himself, even if nobody saw it.

Last edited:

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Irving Crane. I agree with the rest of your picks, too. I know he's passed, but he deserves a nod in this category.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, i guess you got your point accross having convicted the pro life.
Why not just start naming the ones you detest so badly?

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
He is one of the rare few that will call a foul on himself, even if nobody saw it.

I have seen Earl Strickland do this many times in the past as well. Earl might have his hang ups, but he is going to want to win far and square. From all I have seen of him anyways.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well, there was this one time.......

I have seen Earl Strickland do this many times in the past as well. Earl might have his hang ups, but he is going to want to win far and square. From all I have seen of him anyways.

I guess you missed that big hullabaloo that was on AZB about that one instance where he fouled, and didn't call it and said later that since the ref didn't see it, it wasn't up to him to call it.........

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well I didnt say that Pat Fleming was the only one, I said he was one of the rare few,

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Thorsten is probably the most squeaky clean player I can think of,
and one of my favorites to watch.

Never been involved in any drama, dumps, cheating, fighting, etc.
No broken cues, rule squabbles, bad sportsmanship.
Doesn't even get into arguments online.

Doesn't (I think) drink, smoke, do drugs, gamble.
Physically fit, seems to be living well and making great money...
Averaging almost six figures in the past 10 years, not counting endorsements!

I hope to meet him someday.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
I'm not sure you can really say ANYONE deserves respect with out knowing them personally. You can speculate this and that, but you don't really know till you know. I don't give respect to anyone unless there is a mutual exchange. To do anything else in my eyes is juvenile...

There is no person alive that is completely squeaky clean, myself included. Not to say they don't deserve to be respected, but let's be honest about it. To give someone "total respect" for playing pool, and not being a ****-up, is being a bit more that generous...

Long and short, if you don't know, you can't say...

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I don't know what any of the professional pool players do when they're off the clock, and I don't care. It's none off my business.
I do, however, respect and admire what they all do, both men and women, and that's play the best pool in the world.
If I were to make a list of my two favorites: one would be Luther Lassiter, and the other would be Scott Frost. As you know, I am prejudiced toward One Pocket. :smile:

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't forget Oscar and Ernesto Dominguez... great guys. Can probably add Max Eberle to the list, too.

TrumanHW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Totally agree ... Eberle (when I first met him) asked if I wanted to practice cheap... and volunteered his skill level. There are multitudes of people whom I DO respect, but not deserve respect. If I may, I'd rather revise that wording to read, "Who's earned respect. For that matter, Jack Cooney, Joyner, Alex P, probably Hall but I haven't seen him play in person enough to know his behavior.

The only other argument I'll throw in there against the premise of this is that... respecting a person vs. respecting a person's play aren't the same.

The list continues:
Feijen?
Mizerak
Gentile
Jeremy Jones
Owen
Stalev
Bustamante
McMorran
Wiley
Daulton
Deuel