Regarding the Harriman thread and my banishment

Handsumm

Banned
As many of you all know, last month a thread was started entitled "To all the Danny Harriman haters" or something of the sort. My first response to this was, "Why would anyone hate Danny Harriman?"

Well, I remembered a thread here on AZ about him that brought to attention his past offenses. My reply to the thread was, that maybe some people didn't like him due to what they had read here on AZ about his record.

Should I have posted that?....Apparently not.

Was it "wrong"?....you be the judge

Did I break any rules on AZ? after re-reading them twice, I did not break a rule

Was it factual?....of course. I would never slander anyone.

Well, a lot of members of this forum became furious for me posting such a reply.
I did not say anything derogatory about Danny...
I admitted that I did not know him personally......
I admitted that I did not know the circumstances of what conspired for him to get charged with certain offenses......
I even explained to everyone that I myself have a blemish on my record for some B.S. and I even told the entire story of what happened for me to have that offense. I was then ridiculed and called a liar.

"Oh I am sure that's how it happened" was stated

Some people supported me and realized that I had no intention of ill will against Danny. I thank you for that guys...you know who you are.

Others, on the other hand began the FLAME WAR attacks on me personally for merely rehashing what I believed to be common knowledge on the AZ community. People I once had respect for, were out to make it look like I was flinging shit at a respected player. I had NO INTENTION of making anyone look bad.

Apparently, AZ billiards protects professionals like their own children, and do not let anything negative about professional players get spread.....be it true or not. I cannot say I disagree with this, but I will say that the response of the moderators of this forum was completely unjustified. Whether or not other members felt I should have been banned.

In another thread, I read some people say that I probably argued with the moderators, and that's what caused me to get banned.

Danny Harriman himself even came on here stating " this fellow from Seatle is wrong to do what he did however if it were not him than it would have been some other bored nervous beating heart that is wanting to put his two cents in. I have allways found it amazing the way we spend our energy and what that can make us focus on, hopefully for Mr. Seatle he will get more positive in his future endeavours.....In closing I just want to say if the guy from Seatle is without sin than please throw the first stone, I have learned that forgiveness is the best medicine and that is in my humble opinion a constant.
"

Apparently, he did not even read the thread and he merely heard about it from someone. "Mr. Seattle"? I have been there once in my life for about 4 hours. Obviously Danny doesn't know anything about me, nor do most people on here, but let us get something straight. I NEVER SAID ONE NEGATIVE UNTRUE COMMENT ABOUT YOU DANNY

So who is casting stones?

I have been posting on here for a while now. I have never had one single infraction. I have received many good reps, as I have helped many beginners players with certain shots, and I have told stories and such about pro players I have had the luxury of playing with. I am friends with many posters on here, and those who know me, know I truly love this game and everything that comes with it. I wouldn't do anything to tarnish the name of a pro player that is respected in the pool community.

In that same thread I mentioned Danny posting in, some said that "knowing this guy he probably argued with the mods until they decided to ban him"

Well, I did not even receive as much as a warning before getting banned! I went to log in one day and BAM!!!

"You have been banned for the following reason.....Harriman thread"

Now I really didn't care at the time, because honestly AZ has fallen off quite a bit recently, and I really don't see to many good threads anymore.

Apparently, people see you as a hero if you rip off broke people with bad credit and get rich off of them, just as long as you give it back to the pool community. On the other hand, say something that is completely true and varifiable about a professional while admitting that you don't know the circumstances and that you give them the benefit of the doubt....gets you banned without warning.

Well, thanks for welcoming me back to the AZ community....I guess
 
I hope you did not spend all month crafting that message just to make it your first post back from a bansishment...:rolleyes:

(Only to dredge up a forgotten....non-issue)
 
Do you have anything positive to contribute or do you just like to stir up crap and be the center of attention?
 
If you've been banned, you wouldn't be allowed back under a new handle, IIRC.
 
Contrary to the previous replies, I understand where you're coming from with wanting to express this sentiment. You were in the middle of a thread that spiraled out of control, and it's natural to want to express your thoughts after having some time away from it.

For those that condemn you for doing so, I'd remind them that a thread was started about why your thread was deleted, and people posted there for days talking about it. You're just doing the same (albeit a little delayed)

Glad to have you back, assuming you want to be here.

It's a new day. :)

Pushout said:
If you've been banned, you wouldn't be allowed back under a new handle, IIRC.

His name change was prior to the ban. He was handsumm before and is the same now. I'm assuming it was a temporary ban that has been released.
 
Well, let's see. Let's review the past and predict the future a bit... OK?

Most posters to the original thread thought that Handsumm was wrong. Is THAT going to change?... no, I don't think so.

Handsumm stated in the original thread thought that he did nothing wrong. Is THAT going to change... no, I don't think so.

So... exactly why is it that we're re-visiting this issue?

I'm confused. :confused:
 
Just a few things

First of all - WAAAAAAAAAAAA I was banned! :D:D:D
If something is "common knowlege" as you say - then what is the reason to spew it out of your mouth again?

Handsumm said:
Apparently, people see you as a hero if you rip off broke people with bad credit and get rich off of them, just as long as you give it back to the pool community.

Yet another thing you run off at the mouth about without knowing the circumstances.

Handsumm said:
Well, thanks for welcoming me back to the AZ community....I guess

Welcome back.... I guess

BVal
 
Nice to see you back. I also thought your banishment was somewhat harsh. Another thread here gave similar information about a well-known gambler, and those who took up for him were scorned and the poster heralded. You posted a fact, but in defense of the mods you continued to argue the validity of your point throughout the thread. Possibly, had you let the chastisement go rather than enrage it... most likely nothing would have come of it.

Either way, welcome back.
 
It's ALL Good.... imo

cigardave said:
So... exactly why is it that we're re-visiting this issue?

I'm confused. :confused:


There are no TAR matches today and no primarys, it's foul weather in many areas and Judge Judy hasn't come on yet, so why not re-visit this issue ?

Doug
< munch, munch, munch, sip-sip, munch, sip, munch >




.
 
Last edited:
Handsumm said:
Apparently, people see you as a hero if you rip off broke people with bad credit and get rich off of them, just as long as you give it back to the pool community.

So you go and sucker-punch Fatboy who has nothing to do with your self inflicted drama. Way lame.
 
HouseMan said:
So you go and sucker-punch Fatboy who has nothing to do with your self inflicted drama. Way lame.

What's incredibly funny (to me) is that when I first read that comment I thought he was talking about KT...:eek:
 
wecome back.

you can't really blame the man for posting his thoughts now he's been unbanned - it's all very well saying the subject is old now and things have moved on - but he's been banned all this time. it's inevitable he will want to post his thoughts.
 
Handsumm said:
As many of you all know, last month a thread was started entitled "To all the Danny Harriman haters" or something of the sort. My first response to this was, "Why would anyone hate Danny Harriman?"

Well, I remembered a thread here on AZ about him that brought to attention his past offenses. My reply to the thread was, that maybe some people didn't like him due to what they had read here on AZ about his record.

Should I have posted that?....Apparently not.

Was it "wrong"?....you be the judge

Did I break any rules on AZ? after re-reading them twice, I did not break a rule

Was it factual?....of course. I would never slander anyone.

Well, a lot of members of this forum became furious for me posting such a reply.
I did not say anything derogatory about Danny...
I admitted that I did not know him personally......
I admitted that I did not know the circumstances of what conspired for him to get charged with certain offenses......
I even explained to everyone that I myself have a blemish on my record for some B.S. and I even told the entire story of what happened for me to have that offense. I was then ridiculed and called a liar.

"Oh I am sure that's how it happened" was stated

Some people supported me and realized that I had no intention of ill will against Danny. I thank you for that guys...you know who you are.

Others, on the other hand began the FLAME WAR attacks on me personally for merely rehashing what I believed to be common knowledge on the AZ community. People I once had respect for, were out to make it look like I was flinging shit at a respected player. I had NO INTENTION of making anyone look bad.

Apparently, AZ billiards protects professionals like their own children, and do not let anything negative about professional players get spread.....be it true or not. I cannot say I disagree with this, but I will say that the response of the moderators of this forum was completely unjustified. Whether or not other members felt I should have been banned.

In another thread, I read some people say that I probably argued with the moderators, and that's what caused me to get banned.

Danny Harriman himself even came on here stating " this fellow from Seatle is wrong to do what he did however if it were not him than it would have been some other bored nervous beating heart that is wanting to put his two cents in. I have allways found it amazing the way we spend our energy and what that can make us focus on, hopefully for Mr. Seatle he will get more positive in his future endeavours.....In closing I just want to say if the guy from Seatle is without sin than please throw the first stone, I have learned that forgiveness is the best medicine and that is in my humble opinion a constant.
"

Apparently, he did not even read the thread and he merely heard about it from someone. "Mr. Seattle"? I have been there once in my life for about 4 hours. Obviously Danny doesn't know anything about me, nor do most people on here, but let us get something straight. I NEVER SAID ONE NEGATIVE UNTRUE COMMENT ABOUT YOU DANNY

So who is casting stones?

I have been posting on here for a while now. I have never had one single infraction. I have received many good reps, as I have helped many beginners players with certain shots, and I have told stories and such about pro players I have had the luxury of playing with. I am friends with many posters on here, and those who know me, know I truly love this game and everything that comes with it. I wouldn't do anything to tarnish the name of a pro player that is respected in the pool community.

In that same thread I mentioned Danny posting in, some said that "knowing this guy he probably argued with the mods until they decided to ban him"

Well, I did not even receive as much as a warning before getting banned! I went to log in one day and BAM!!!

"You have been banned for the following reason.....Harriman thread"

Now I really didn't care at the time, because honestly AZ has fallen off quite a bit recently, and I really don't see to many good threads anymore.

Apparently, people see you as a hero if you rip off broke people with bad credit and get rich off of them, just as long as you give it back to the pool community. On the other hand, say something that is completely true and varifiable about a professional while admitting that you don't know the circumstances and that you give them the benefit of the doubt....gets you banned without warning.

Well, thanks for welcoming me back to the AZ community....I guess


Blah blah blah blah. Get over it dude! Who cares anymore....besides you?
Why don't you just drop it? Fat chance! Let's see, it's Noon. How long will take Handsumm to get ugly? The over and under is 30 minutes. :)
 
worriedbeef said:
wecome back.

you can't really blame the man for posting his thoughts now he's been unbanned - it's all very well saying the subject is old now and things have moved on - but he's been banned all this time. it's inevitable he will want to post his thoughts.



MANY of my best thoughts....remain UN-posted...if you get my drift...;)
 
Handsumm/Belmicah,

When you made that post about Danny, I remember that I called you a douche bag. Apparently I was wrong about that, and I sincerely apologize to you or anybody else - especially all the douche bags out there that were offended by having me group them in with a idiotic jack ass.

Any person with normal reasoning skills would have realized that they were wrong in that situation and after some soul searching they would have made a sincere apology. Obviously you have some bad wiring somewhere, and you have decided to return claiming you were unjustly punished and/or committed no wrong doing. You fail to realize that Mike Howerton has no tolerance when it comes to taking stabs like that at the pro players that participate in this forum - and yes - you took a stab at him.

Danny is one of my best friends in the small little world of pool. He has a big heart, and a kind gentle spirit that has won him the admiration of fans and friends all over the world. He's earned that despite the hardships and long dark roads he has traveled upon for the past 15 years. Your comments were aimed to attack and destroy a little part of that, yet it backfired in your face. IMO, I hope the moderators read your comments in this thread and see fit to get rid of you for good. FWIW, nobody missed you when you were gone.
 
jay helfert said:
Blah blah blah blah. Get over it dude! Who cares anymore....besides you?
Why don't you just drop it? Fat chance! Let's see, it's Noon. How long will take Handsumm to get ugly? The over and under is 30 minutes. :)
I will take the over for lunch when you are out here in April for the Desert Shootout.

BVal

edit - I sure wish I saw Blackjacks post before I took the over. :D:D:D
 
Blackjack said:
Handsumm/Belmicah,

When you made that post about Danny, I remember that I called you a douche bag. Apparently I was wrong about that, and I sincerely apologize to you or anybody else - especially all the douche bags out there that were offended by having me group them in with a idiotic jack ass.

Any person with normal reasoning skills would have realized that they were wrong in that situation and after some soul searching they would have made a sincere apology. Obviously you have some bad wiring somewhere, and you have decided to return claiming you were unjustly punished and/or committed no wrong doing. You fail to realize that Mike Howerton has no tolerance when it comes to taking stabs like that at the pro players that participate in this forum - and yes - you took a stab at him.

Danny is one of my best friends in the small little world of pool. He has a big heart, and a kind gentle spirit that has won him the admiration of fans and friends all over the world. He's earned that despite the hardships and long dark roads he has traveled upon for the past 15 years. Your comments were aimed to attack and destroy a little part of that, yet it backfired in your face. IMO, I hope the moderators read your comments in this thread and see fit to get rid of you for good. FWIW, nobody missed you when you were gone.


Was somebody gone?? I had no idea.....
 
Back
Top