Schmidt 9 foot table

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dont be afraid of a e schmidt table they have been around longer than brunswick . very solid if in good condition . good luck . pass if it comes with a aiming system.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
2k for a schmidt in this economy seems a wee bit steep without knowing a bunch of things and seeing pics.... New Artemis?, New Simonis?, Setup? or draggin it home? I played for about 12 years on Schmidts and while they are decent they are not as solid as a GC or a Diamond......

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Seems a bit expensive as these tables are older, I would get a Gold Crown for that money, they can be stolen for around a $1000 right now. I played in a room by Lake George that had these tables, I think they were 8 footers though, they played okay.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dont be afraid of a e schmidt table they have been around longer than brunswick . very solid if in good condition . good luck . pass if it comes with a aiming system.

Actually, they started about 5 years aftr Brunswick, but who's counting?

FWIW - the tables at Johnston City were Schmidts.

Dale

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
Thanks!

I also saw a 9foot Gandy on craigslist. (but didn't see pictures)

Ok, here is the deal. This is my local pool room and he is selling 2 AE Schmidt's

His starting price was 3500 and I just laughed! I'm thinking that in a good market he could get 2k for it, buuuuuut. I have seen the table, played on it many times. I have NOT seen the slate, rails etc.

I talked to the snake man and he is coming up to new england in a month or two. So it would be refinished with 860, and setup at my expense.

I currently have a 8foot table, just bought a new house with a 20X20 finished shed/mantown with bar and bathroom. So I'm buying a 9foot table.

I'm thinking used Brunswick, Diamond, Gandy, or one of these Schmidt's, and having it refinished.

The owner of the pool hall seems willing to negotiate, and the Schmidt is big, sold oak, maybe 35 years old with brunswick super speed rails. oh he wants to throw in the light too. Opinions wanted...

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would prefer a GC or Diamond myself but to each his own.

If you like the table and the price is right go for it.

One thing I would keep in mind is - is it really worth it to talk the local pool hall owner down to the lowest price possible?

If you pay $500 more than you should will you be in his good graces while at the hall???

On the other hand, if you get him down to $1234.47 will you now be known as the local cheapskate every time you walk in there???

Bottom line, during the final negotiation I would probably say something like, "I think I could get this table for a bit cheaper somewhere else, but I like this place and and I don't mind paying a bit extra because of that."
:D

Then again, maybe you don't even like the place. If that's the case get him down as low as possible. :thumbup:

Apocalypse2017

Silver Member
good point!

I used to go there when I was younger, but I have been venturing out lately.

I'm trying to bring him into the 21st century and stream some real pool on one of his big screens.

I told him about AZBilliards, and he has decent wireless internet. So I'm hoping to promote the sport in my area at least.

Joking around I told him we could play for the table :cool:

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
A E Schmidt is a good table overall but unless this table has something special to offer like a high end model or antique then I would pass at $2000.00. Seems to high to me, but without pics no one call really tell you if it's worth it or not.

Apocalypse2017

Silver Member
A E Schmidt is a good table overall but unless this table has something special to offer like a high end model or antique then I would pass at $2000.00. Seems to high to me, but without pics no one call really tell you if it's worth it or not.

Its a great table and no way am I paying 2k for it. :smile:

kashmir_show.jpg

I think its this model.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thanks

Looks like the old ugly GC's that you can refinish.

take a look at this one? Gandy 9'

[URL="http://worcester.craigslist.org/for/2823612069.html"]http://worcester.craigslist.org/for/2823612069.html[/URL]

I would stay away from Gandys...and their fore-runners, Macon tables.
The quality just isn't there.

Get you a Gold Crown 1....it's like buying a classic old car.....
..what ever needs fixing is WORTH fixing.
...and there are some good deals on them.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I just had bad luck with my Schmidt but I would prefer any used gold crown II at the local pool hall to this Schmidt.

Unfortunately I had just retired and was looking for a hobby and didn't know much about pool when I bought it. Big mistake.

doitforthegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My pool room had AE Schmidt tables. I've also had in my home at different times, the Elite and the Ivanhoe models. If you want to have that furniture look, they play very well.

On the other hand, if it is for mantown, I would try to pick up a Gold Crown or a Diamond. I had a couple of Gold Crowns for "the players" in my poolroom.

Bob

Apocalypse2017

Silver Member
My pool room had AE Schmidt tables. I've also had in my home at different times, the Elite and the Ivanhoe models. If you want to have that furniture look, they play very well.

On the other hand, if it is for mantown, I would try to pick up a Gold Crown or a Diamond. I had a couple of Gold Crowns for "the players" in my poolroom.

Bob

These tables were made for "The Cue Connection"

I can't seem to find a gold crown within 100 miles of me for sale?