Scooter, Family Man and Best Hustler in America

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
It's easy to woof and be funny when it's monopoly money... You never go bust when all you have to do is take a drive to the nearest carwash or laundromat so there isn't any of the crusing weight of the losses just the adrenaline of the match up and the high of the wins....

I hope if it takes off and it is good for the industry but I am pretty sure I won't watch it...

Chris

It was said above that these guys know how to draw a crowd. The same can be said for a car accident, too.

If those creating the show wanted to pick two of the most despicable pool players in the country, they've succeeded. No doubt there will be those that watch, who have kids, that will never let them into a pool room. This does nothing for attracting quality young people into our sport. Quite the opposite, actually.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I guess that my last thinking on this is that this project will help to ensure that respectable folks continue to avoid pool and that it will hinder the efforts of those who are trying to advance professional pool (if such a profession even exists). I suppose that viewers will always be attracted to the antics of reprobate morons unfortunately.

Sh#t sells and I suppose that the opportunistic amongst us can profit from it by selling Charmin. But don't be surprised when the air surrounding pool is a bit more foul.

I agree with one part of your post "I suppose that viewers will always be attracted to the antics" I been saying this for years, Look at the pool movies that have been successful and made pool popular. COM, Hustler and even Pool Hall Junkies. The average person has a family, 9-5 job and try to live their lives squeaky clean. These movies allow the squeaky clean to get into the movie and get a little dirt on their clothes so to speak and maybe live on the wild side a little if only for a couple of hours. That's why the underbelly of pool is popular among the average person. JMO

8BallWonderland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought it was a great promo video and a show i'd love to watch.
I think if shows like the Jersey Shore on MTV made it big then this can as well.
I wish them only positive things and hope it takes off.

miscrewed89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's stupid and hope it fails. I think it will hurt pool, not help it. I have zero respect for Scooter, Tedder and their so called crew. I wonder if they did background checks on these thieves?
"
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Geez! This was your first response to the original post! YOU came in on the warpath! What you offered was more than an opinion. YOU were the first to attack! YOU gave the antagonistic reply! YOU were the one looking for an argument! Sure, if you don't like it you don't have to watch and, sure, you are entitled to share your opinion, but don't come in with mouth (keyboard) blazing, publicly disrespect someone, and not expect something back at you! You could have shared your opinion in a non aggressive manner but you knew what you were doing. You remind me of my ex wife...

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
2 sides to this coin.

upside: Scooter is entertaining and this might make for good TV. He is one of the best woofers I've ever heard.

downside: Hustling is one of the big reasons that non-pool sponsors steer clear of pool. This series will be glorifying an aspect of pool that we desperately need to get rid of.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just love this part of the promo, with his Southern drawl and then when he winks at the end. This is so cute and will make the ladies swoon ---> WINK.:grin-loving:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Donations to the campaign

Hahahahahahaha. Thanks for my morning laugh anyway. I believe that I will trade that one in for my usual Christmas donation to the Salvation Army. Altho, I could put it in Scooter and Tedder's names if that helps.

However, I am going to be driving past a car wash in the Hood later on today. I could toss a crow bar in the truck and see if I can figure out a way to get them some quick change.

They should be used to all that Jingle.

Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock.

miscrewed89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 sides to this coin.

upside: Scooter is entertaining and this might make for good TV. He is one of the best woofers I've ever heard.

downside: Hustling is one of the big reasons that non-pool sponsors steer clear of pool. This series will be glorifying an aspect of pool that we desperately need to get rid of.

Why do we need to get rid of that side? Look at basketball. Street ball is alive and well. Cruise through almost any urban neighborhood and you will, more than likely, come across a streetball game of hoops. You think they're playing for poops and giggles? Doubt it...
The majority of the players in the NBA are definitely not angels! Also, look how that sport has changed over the last couple decades. It is no longer a 5 man team sport. It's 5 individuals with the same uniform trying to get the most attention. But yet, basketball thrives! Almost year round, too.

Hungarian: See, that's how to disagree with someone and share your opposing opinion without being aggressive and abrasive. Just sayin'...;)

Last edited:

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
You are correct about one thing, I did give an antagonistic reply. Good thing is you know exactly where I stand with no question. I'm dead set against it. i.e., the definition of antagonistic.

Will I watch, I think I will...

Your ex wife sounds like a *****. Glad for you that you got away..

Geez! This was your first response to the original post! YOU came in on the warpath! What you offered was more than an opinion. YOU were the first to attack! YOU gave the antagonistic reply! YOU were the one looking for an argument! Sure, if you don't like it you don't have to watch and, sure, you are entitled to share your opinion, but don't come in with mouth (keyboard) blazing, publicly disrespect someone, and not expect something back at you! You could have shared your opinion in a non aggressive manner but you knew what you were doing. You remind me of my ex wife...

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do we need to get rid of that side? Look at basketball. Street ball is alive and well. Cruise through almost any urban neighborhood and you will, more than likely, come across a streetball game of hoops. You think they're playing for poops and giggles? Doubt it...
The majority of the players in the NBA are definitely not angels! Also, look how that sport has changed over the last couple decades. It is no longer a 5 man team sport. It's 5 individuals with the same uniform trying to get the most attention. But yet, basketball thrives! Almost year round, too.

Look at how that "regular" layman by the name of Chris Moneymaker put poker on the map. This reality series, if successful, could also be a boon to pool businesses across America, increased patronage of pool rooms, new pool rooms opening up, et cetera, the same way it did after "The Color of Money" in 1986.

This is a modernday version of "The Color of Money," only it's a reality series. Like the Kardashians, I'm sure some of it will be scripted and fake, and pool aficionados likes us will recognize these portions. It will still be entertaining to the masses, and that's what TV wants. If it sells, it's good for business. I like it. I like it a lot! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I have to admit tho. After watching the promo, it looks 100% more polished and interesting than Fat Boys trailer for his show.

I watched Fat Boys and it was laughable at best. At least this one looks like it might have half a chance in todays market.

Scooter is a ton more well spoken than the Fat Boy.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I already replied to you regarding my style. See previous post to understand what you are dealing with.

Good luck trying to be charming while giving your wrong opinion.

Hungarian: See, that's how to disagree with someone and share your opposing opinion without being aggressive and abrasive. Just sayin'...;)

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Hungarian got hustled once by scooter :D
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417199495.716929.jpg

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to admit tho. After watching the promo, it looks 100% more polished and interesting than Fat Boys trailer for his show.

I watched Fat Boys and it was laughable at best. At least this one looks like it might have half a chance in todays market.

Scooter is a ton more well spoken than the Fat Boy.

I have to agree. Though I think anything putting pool on the map can be a good thing for pool in America, especially now when American pool is circling the drain as far as pool businesses going under, I think the series must be believable. We all know that this is the real Scooter in this series, no ifs, ands, or buts.

I wonder what would have happened when Scooter went to rip off his white T-shirt if it hadn't ripped and stayed intact. :D

You could feel the energy in that scene, though. I wish I'd have been there. That would have been fun. :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is Brittney? Does anybody know anything about her? I've been out of the loop in recent years.

She looks like she has a great personality and, of course, is easy on the eyes for the guys. :angel2:

I wonder if Hustlin' Clothing Co. is going to be a sponsor. Their clothing line might skyrocket up the roof from this exposure. :)

Attachments

• 10590693_1567320236823982_5128415659350385063_n.jpg
    10590693_1567320236823982_5128415659350385063_n.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 955