Seeking Orange County, CA pool players

dr2112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are forming a new "in-house league" Wednesday nights 7:30 starting September 8th at BIG SHOTS. They have 13 newly recovered Olhausen tables. Our goal is to have the league sanctioned by the BCA by the fourth week. for more information contact PM me or email darinreeves@earthlink.net

dr2112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It will be an eight ball league using BCA rules ... 5 man teams, round-robin like format. 5 x 4 scoring

DR

dr2112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well it's about time Big Shots got their tables refelted

Well I can't argue that. I did just come from there its not simonis but they played pretty good. They redid the rails to. They have a great lunch special!!

DR

dr2112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DR2112:

We will do what we can to help you get the league started up and running.

Call if you need our assistance.

mark Griffin
702-719-7665
www.playcsipool.com

Thanks Mark,
I have read over the operators manual and spoken briefly with Sarah at your office. She offered full support. My partner DJ and I are really looking forward to getting this off the ground. We have the full go and support from the owner of Big Shots as well. I have always enjoyed playing in your leagues and anxious to get a BCA league in Orange County.

Thanks again,
Darin

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Does Chaz Vitor own that place, still?
I used to go their for lunch when I worked in that area.
Great food. Cajun chicken sandwich there rules.

rattleryan9

Registered
We are forming a new "in-house league" Wednesday nights 7:30 starting September 8th at BIG SHOTS. They have 13 newly recovered Olhausen tables. Our goal is to have the league sanctioned by the BCA by the fourth week. for more information contact PM me or email darinreeves@earthlink.net

Just want to Bump this post. I play frequently with DR. he is an outstanding individual. I look forward to this happening. Thank you for all the effort you have put into this.

RattleRyan9

Foolio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
maybe

So you're finally going to get the bca league huh Darin? I might just have to check it out. How much would it be though?

Last edited:

i4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
possible interest

Hi Darin,

I'm interested in participating. I may be able to convince 1-2 more people as well. Please post more details.
Thanks.

Also, I might swing by there tonight (Tuesday) to check it out. Anyone interested in meeting up and playing a little?
Would love to meet more AZB'ers!

Regards,
Abe - i4pool

Last edited:

dr2112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Chaz Vitor own that place, still?
I used to go their for lunch when I worked in that area.
Great food. Cajun chicken sandwich there rules.

I know the owner as "Chance", not sure his last name. I am pretty sure it is the same guy that you are talking about, I think he is the original owner. They do have great food especially for a pool hall and daily food specials as well. Where are you working now?

DR

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Darin,

I'm interested in participating. I may be able to convince 1-2 more people as well. Please post more details.
Thanks.

Also, I might swing by there tonight (Tuesday) to check it out. Anyone interested in meeting up and playing a little?

Regards,
Abe - i4pool

Abe-

I agree-you do play a little.

Take care.

dr2112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Darin,

Thanks.

Regards,
Abe - i4pool

Hi Abe,

Our first night will be Wednesday September 8th. This will probably more of a social gathering and free pool night, perhaps a tournament, Here we will discuss league fees and rules. In regards to fees I am leaning towards 10$ a week for a higher prize fund. We will have cash and prizes for other things like top shooter male and female and most improved. We have a couple of different options that we will present to the group. Our main goal is to get sanctioned by the BCA to benefit from all they have to offer. Aside from all all the great tournaments that they put on. They have a new on line leaguesys that will keep scores and stats easily available.
We are looking for team captains you sound like a great fit for that.

Thanks for your interest,
Darin

I don't think I can make it tonight. I am available most nights and can be reached at 949-292-0431 darinreeves@earthlink.net

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I know the owner as "Chance", not sure his last name. I am pretty sure it is the same guy that you are talking about, I think he is the original owner. They do have great food especially for a pool hall and daily food specials as well. Where are you working now?

DR

I live in Placentia/Yorba Linda border.
I frequented Big Shots, Kelly Mq's and that pool hall across the old Rogersound Labs before they bellied-up then the pool hall became a gentleman's bar.
They badly need a league down that area .

dr2112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in Placentia/Yorba Linda border.
I frequented Big Shots, Kelly Mq's and that pool hall across the old Rogersound Labs before they bellied-up then the pool hall became a gentleman's bar.
They badly need a league down that area .

Yeah that place was called "plush Pocket" I played there a lot. In fact oddly enough I met my wife there about 18 years ago. The place is now a "Hooters" so now I tell my friends I met her at Hooters a very respectable place. If your ever down in this area hit me up and we can shoot some. I do go to Danny K's when I get the chance. I have known Fernie the guy who runs the tournaments there for quite some time.

Regards,
Darin

dr2112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this going to be a team type league thing, or an individual player/member sort of deal?

5 Person teams with a 5x4 round robin type format. Easy scoring system with NO keeping track of innings or safeties. But it will be handicapped. Once we get this off the ground we anticipate having a traveling scratch version as well. That's down the road a bit. Come on down and give it a shot. We will have quite a few good players.

Darin