Sending Some Good Thoughts Will Prout's Way

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
Will,
I didn’t see the post earlier, getting ready for winter— snow in the forecast, lol. Prayers for speedy recovery. Always appreciate you.
Jack

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Esteemed AZB member and all around good guy, Will Prout, can use an uplift from his azb friends as he is experiencing a bump or two on his way to recovery from a recent medical procedure.

I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way, Will, for a complete and speedy recovery.

Feel much better soon, my friend.

best,
brian kc
I pray you get well soon, and have a speedy, full recovery Will, best wishes

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Agreed. Will is a great guy. I hope he is doing well now.
Thanks to everyone who has asked how I am doing. I am now finally on the mend, after an interesting 3 weeks. It started with a serious, large baseball-sized melanoma cancer found on my left facial cheek in late September that required 100 stitches and some serious reconstruction work.
Three days later, I went to the hospital on a totally unrelated matter. Cellulitis in my right leg developed quickly into advanced sepsis. I was in ICU for 6 days. Now home, sepsis is gone. Still weak, but certainly recovering. The reconstructive surgery on my face has been amazing as well.
I joked with the surgeon when he was ready to begin reconstructive surgery, asking him if, when he was finished, would I look 43 from the left and 73 from the right. If so, could I slip him an extra $50 and have him do both sides lol. The surgery ended far beyond expectations. After healing, I should not have a huge scar turning me into a mercenary.

Thanks all.
Will Prout

Last edited:

Dead Money

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks to everyone who has asked how I am doing. I am now finally on the mend, after an interesting 3 weeks. It started with a serious melanoma found on my left facial cheek in late September that required 100 stitches and some serious reconstruction work.
Three days later, I went to the hospital on a totally unrelated matter. Cellulitis in my right leg developed quickly into advanced sepsis. I was in ICU for 6 days. Now home, sepsis is gone. Still week, but certainly recovering. The reconstructive surgery on my face has been amazing as well.
I laughed with the surgeon when he was ready to begin reconstructive surgery, asking him if, when he was finished, would I look 43 from the left and 73 from the right. If so, could I slip him an extra $50 and have him do both sides lol. The surgery ended better far beyond expectations. After healing, should not have a huge scar turning me into a mercenary.

Thanks all.
Will Prout
Thank you for the update. Many here including myself are very happy to get a first hand report on how you are doing!

JAM

Pool and Snooker Railbird
Silver Member
Thanks to everyone who has asked how I am doing. I am now finally on the mend, after an interesting 3 weeks. It started with a serious, large baseball-sized melanoma cancer found on my left facial cheek in late September that required 100 stitches and some serious reconstruction work.
Three days later, I went to the hospital on a totally unrelated matter. Cellulitis in my right leg developed quickly into advanced sepsis. I was in ICU for 6 days. Now home, sepsis is gone. Still weak, but certainly recovering. The reconstructive surgery on my face has been amazing as well.
I joked with the surgeon when he was ready to begin reconstructive surgery, asking him if, when he was finished, would I look 43 from the left and 73 from the right. If so, could I slip him an extra $50 and have him do both sides lol. The surgery ended far beyond expectations. After healing, I should not have a huge scar turning me into a mercenary.

Thanks all.
Will Prout
Oh, no. I just saw this thread. I am so glad you are on the mend. It's hard to keep a good man down. Keep on keeping on.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Will,

Thanks for the update, I am so happy you are on the road to full recovery. Although, I think you would look cool with a menacing cheek scar, it would probably help when you are negotiating a cue or car deal. Take care and hope to see you hitting them soon.

-don

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thanks all.
Will Prout
I am really thankful to hear you are recovering. My prayers are still with you.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks all.
Will Prout
There was never a doubt 💪💪

Your friend,
Fatboy😀❤️🙏🏼

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
So glad you are doing well. At our age ie 70 or so (not that I feel 70 or plus) it seems when one thing happens something else goes. Then bad luck turns into good and get second wind. Wishing you the same luck, I have been graced with.

WildWing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks all.
Will Prout
All the best, Will. I've had Melanoma as well, fortunately caught early. Looked like a shark bite after the cut. Glad you are doing well.

All the best,
Hoot