Shane and Earl up at World Cup of Pool

Razor

Lex Parsimoniae
Silver Member
Loved the sneak peek at Shane and Earl in the practice room preparing for their next match. As usual, Matchroom with a nice touch.

Agree wholeheartedly, certainly a nice touch from Matchroom (as we get another sneak peek at the practice room).

~Razor

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The UK crowd is trying to get under the US's skin at the beginning of the match. Someone yelled "GET IN THE HOLE!" as soon as Shane broke the first rack.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
The UK crowd is trying to get under the US's skin at the beginning of the match. Someone yelled "GET IN THE HOLE!" as soon as Shane broke the first rack.

Shane and Earl managed to run out the rack despite the despicable behavior of one buffoon.

JoeyA

Razor

Lex Parsimoniae
Silver Member
For anyone not able to watch, currently tied 3-3 on a commercial break. Team ShEarl breaking when we return,.

Go USA!

~Razor

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
What a joke. Earl crushes the break and makes a ball, only one ball gets past the headstring. Russia gets the table and runs out. Sick stupid rule.

RonnieOSullivan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane and Earl managed to run out the rack despite the despicable behavior of one buffoon.

JoeyA

Thought it was funny as long as they didn't do it again, but there have been things said by the crowd since as well. Think pool is one sport we actually have a more respectful crowd in than them.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This break rule stinks. They are crushing it and still getting illegal breaks. If the point is to prevent a soft break, they need to figure out something different.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Earl didn't like the Russian player using the towel to dry his hands while he was at the table and facing the Russian player on a tough shot that he needed to play as a safety.

I'm sorry but your opponent should be still and silent when you are at the table. That's the respect that this game deserves.

JoeyA

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go USAs-Worst-President.jpg

get the i-d5318f96ecc078886d64f28bbfc006f6-cash.gif

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Earl doesn't have the right attitude, composure, and patience for a world-class tournament.
The only reason he appeared to have "all that" back in the day is because the talent was mainly in the U.S. and he was "one of our best."

You are completely wrong on that one and simply show your ignorance on that subject with that post.

Earl in his prime was actually "that good". He won many of those events back in his prime when guys like Efren, Busty, Fong Pang Chao, Chin Shun Yang, Ralf, Ortmann, Parica, and Mika were already on the stage. Earl won his "last" world championship AFTER Mika won his, so to pretend that the game was not already international when Earl was at his peak and winning is simply BS. You clearly don't like the guy, that is fine, you don't have to, but spouting off complete BS is not needed.

Earl "was" actually that good when he had his head on a little more straight and was able to channel his intensity and focus into attacking the "game" and the "table" instead of attacking his opponent and the fans. He has mostly lost his ability to focus his emotions into the game and attack the balls like he used to. Once upon a time I don't even think Earl knew who he was playing when he was at the table shooting, he was obliterating the game itself and whoever was sitting in the chair off to the side was fairly irrelevant to Earl. Now he worries more about that person he is playing then what he himself is doing at the table, and that is sad.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
This break rule has to go. It's ruining the whole tournament. Congrats to Team America...nicely played.

Razor

Lex Parsimoniae
Silver Member
Wow, some tense moments there. Russians played fairly well.

Even though they are the same for everyone and well known, break rules are definitely whacked.

Congrats to Shane and Earl, I am not sure how many errors they made, but they are still going to need to step it up in my opinion to go any deeper into this field.

Go USA!

~Razor

Last edited:

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't been able to watch. Did USA win? What was the final score? Thanks in advance.

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This break rule has to go. It's ruining the whole tournament. Congrats to Team America...nicely played.

Agreed Earl crushed the balls made a ball with shape and because of the headstring rule it was an illegal break. The rule eliminates anyone soft breaking which is something I despise, but it does seem as though they could make an adjustment. Earl made a couple safety errors but I don't remember any missed balls that set. Of course we will hear how bad he played though. I thought the Russians really played well. Just a couple errors.