Should the live streamer have stopped filming Billy's match when the verbal back-and-forth began?

Should the live streamer stopped filming Billy's match when the verbal back-and-forth began?

• Yes.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • No.

Votes: 75 78.1%

• Total voters

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The streamer goes on! Billy realized the contract he signed with Cuetec didn't allow this type of behavior. I also believe Cuetec would of done the same thing if it was SVB. When your a player rep you need to show pool in a positive light at all times.
I wonder a Cuetec contact brings with it other than free cues and shirts. How much do these guys get paid for pimpin' cues? $30k/yr?? More/less?

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well let's see how ticket sales go; Earl and Billy, drunk, pissed off, unchained. Probably no sales to the first three rows.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn’t even know Billy was a cue tech rep until I saw their press release. I thought he played revo.
Looking at cuetechs page I only found Shane and Florian.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s tough to answer. In big budget sports they have rules and best practices and someone making those calls on the spot. In hokey they allow fighting and show it. In baseball when a fan runs on the field they purposely don’t show it, whereas in the past they used to.

In streaming pool there is neither manpower or budget to man the cameras and make these calls. I put no blame or responsibility on the streamer in this case, for leaving it on, or if he had shut it down.

Maybe in the future if there is an accepted practice the streamer could have some guidance. But as BB says pool is all Wild West cowboys, from the players to the production companies to the fans. I’d prefer it stay this way.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Well let's see how ticket sales go; Earl and Billy, drunk, pissed off, unchained. Probably no sales to the first three rows.
how would they offend each other?

Earl says Billy is ugly

Billy calls Earl F.F.

is that the entire show

OldOrvis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are other threads in the Main Forum about this match between Billy Thorpe and Robb Saez, but the purpose of this thread is about the live streamer. Do you think the live streamer should have stopped filming when the verbal back-and-forth began?
No why should he..........people film Fights in the street, people getting shot, wrecks, storms, war.......so why should he stop over someone being an idiot......stopping it is like youre trying to cover for someone lol

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. Some watching will conclude the guy is bad action and for that the streamer provided a valuable service. Some will conclude it's no big deal and if it's no big deal why not show it?

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imagine if Billy really went off the rails or what if Rob decided to fight back and the camera was off. Once that camera is rolling it should never be turned off.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are other threads in the Main Forum about this match between Billy Thorpe and Robb Saez, but the purpose of this thread is about the live streamer. Do you think the live streamer should have stopped filming when the verbal back-and-forth began?

The streamer goes on! Billy realized the contract he signed with Cuetec didn't allow this type of behavior. I also believe Cuetec would of done the same thing if it was SVB. When your a player rep you need to show pool in a positive light at all times.
Or protect your employer (by not hurting their brand). I hope Billy makes a quick comeback, but he deserves to be fired from Cuetec.

I have seen many top players Gamble without all that drama.

chitownnorth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The funny thing to me is the filming of the gambling to begin with. In these parts, gambling like that is most definitely illegal in itself.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The funny thing to me is the filming of the gambling to begin with. In these parts, gambling like that is most definitely illegal in itself.
There is nowhere that you'll get arrested for a wager between two individuals.

Organized gambling, with the facility taking a cut and laying wagers on the outcome, is illegal in 49 states to some degree

chitownnorth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is nowhere that you'll get arrested for a wager between two individuals.

Organized gambling, with the facility taking a cut and laying wagers on the outcome, is illegal in 49 states to some degree
It's not just between two people if there are side bets. Bars in Chicago get busted for Super Bowl squares and strip cards. Hell, one bar I went to got busted for Liar's Poker.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even if he did stop streaming (which he apparently wasn't even in attendance at the time to do so), odds are high somebody would have taken out a phone and started recording it- it is 2021, anything can be filmed at any time

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It's not just between two people if there are side bets. Bars in Chicago get busted for Super Bowl squares and strip cards. Hell, one bar I went to got busted for Liar's Poker.
Sure, but if you and another patron wagered $50 on the Super Bowl, there's nothing illegal about it

chitownnorth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure, but if you and another patron wagered $50 on the Super Bowl, there's nothing illegal about it
Yeah. The hiccup out here is the liquor sales. You can't "gamble" unless it's state sponsored (poker machines). I mean you can do it if you're subtle about it. Now for establishments outside of Chicago that have poker machines, no gambling of any sort is allowed (except the machines). You cannot even have dice or cards out, even if there's no wagering. Most bar owners make very good money from the poker machines so they do not want to risk losing that license.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you actually aware of side betting or is your statement more to drill down into what could be?