Simonis Tour Blue or Green on wooden table?

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I know, another, "Which color cloth?" thread. There are so many similar threads out there, it's like picking fly shit outta pepper. At the risk of being hounded mercilessly, I thought I'd ask.

I have a mahogany table in a pool room with maroon walls. I have Championship green on it right now. I'm having the table recovered in a little while. I have read that Simonis Tournament Blue clashes with a dark wood table. Tournament Green would be an easy fit for the room, but if the blue works with a dark wood table, and is easy on the eyes, I would strongly consider it.

Since I like turquoise and don't mind floating points in my cues, I question my judgement. LOL

Anyone have a dark wood table with tournament blue cloth? Look right to you?

Thanks.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
My basement was designed and built around orange and browns, fall colors or what many may call earth tones.

My table has dark wood and had burnt orange cloth. I had it recovered with Simonis Tournament Blue and it looks fine. My wife wasn't too happy when I said that I was thinking abut the blue but she agreed that I use the table the most and she barely notices it.

I look at it this way, the sky is blue and it looks good with everything.

🎱

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Blue for me. Our clubhouse has 4 tables with TB.

Disregard the table finish. Get what you like to play on. I have a GC4 w/ Gold Simonis.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I have Tournament Blue on my table. It is dark cherry with rosewood rails. I like it a lot.

Pics at post 1075 in this thread:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=182377&highlight=gideon+table&page=72

Gideon

That looks sharp!

I went ahead and ordered the blue. It'll be a couple of months before it's on (due to the mechanic's travel schedule), but I'm really looking forward to it.

Can I assume that you all use light that is 3000k (neutral white light) or 5000k bluish daylight?

Pangit

Banned
Traditionally, pool tables are GREEN, the color of money, and the Boise State University Bronco's football field is BLUE.

green.jpg

blue.jpg

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
So, this is what my table now looks like. I love the Tournament Blue in 860HR, and matched with Aramith Tournament balls, I'm happier than a puppy with two peters.

Attachments

• IMG_3257.jpg
    IMG_3257.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 324

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
i prefer green

who ever left a guy a shot with
long blue?

HA! Very true. The golf analogies don't quite work, either.

I tell you, though, the balls really stand out on this color. I switched my overhead lights to the "daylight" LEDs, and the difference in visibility is amazing.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, this is what my table now looks like. I love the Tournament Blue in 860HR, and matched with Aramith Tournament balls, I'm happier than a puppy with two peters.

Looks great! Make sure you try all these power draw shots while the cloth is new and you can feel like you have a monster stroke.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
Looks great! Make sure you try all these power draw shots while the cloth is new and you can feel like you have a monster stroke.

Thanks! yeah, between the new cloth, new balls, and Magic Chalk (no affiliation), I feel like I'm getting three tables' worth of draw on every shot.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a mahogany table in a pool room with maroon walls.

Anyone have a dark wood table with tournament blue cloth? Look right to you?

Thanks.

I see you already picked blue.

I was gonna say "blue cloth and paint your walls" :grin-square::grin-square:

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We just had 8 of our 10 pool tables redone in tournament blue, left two in green, now no one wants to play on the green. We had our snooker table redone also and they kept it green. The guys playing on it keep asking why it isn't blue also. When you see them side by side it hard not to like the blue.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
We just had 8 of our 10 pool tables redone in tournament blue, left two in green, now no one wants to play on the green. We had our snooker table redone also and they kept it green. The guys playing on it keep asking why it isn't blue also. When you see them side by side it hard not to like the blue.

I really like the Simonis Green that they offer. Part of me just wanted the change, but I had them send a swatch of royal blue, Simonis Green, and Tourney Blue. I put the balls I had over each of them, and the 6 ball blended into the green. The 2 ball disappeared on the royal blue.

The Tourney Blue had every ball stand out like a dead nun in a snowbank. It's close enough to a jewel tone that my burgundy walls look fine, and it seems to match with the deep reddish wood of my table.

I truly could not be happier with the choice, and would recommend it to anyone.