Southeast Houston Players

rwhite

Understand the original posters intent. I am a lifelong lover of the game-didn’t play for 30 years-just restarted early this year.
i have a small valley in a private home 20 miles south of bowling green ky on i65 and also am looking for a sparring partner 2 or 3 nites a week.
‘it’s amazing really, all the folks that say they wanna play and have nowhere to go, yet I’ve been looking for a sparring partner for nearly a year.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There have been several on-line pool match up sites -- sort of a tinder for pool players. A friend of mine set up such a system that targeted a bunch of two-player games. It kept track of ratings from the matches in a system much like FargoRate (but without the improved rating calculation method).

The company that FargoRate recently partnered with does such a thing. See https://salotto.app/how-it-works/

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Marcus,

Long time no see. I left Houston a little over 4 years ago, otherwise I'd be your practice buddy.

Best wishes,

Lou
Marcus...It's been a long time since I was at your house! One of my good friends, and a PBIA Advanced Instructor, is Rufus Carter. He lives on your side of town, and has a 9' table too! He posts here under his own name, and his information is on the PBIA website!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Marcus...It's been a long time since I was at your house! One of my good friends, and a PBIA Advanced Instructor, is Rufus Carter. He lives on your side of town, and has a 9' table too! He posts here under his own name, and his information is on the PBIA website!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour
Yeah Scott its been a long time, much has changed. A whole lot of water under the bridge.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
There have been several on-line pool match up sites -- sort of a tinder for pool players. A friend of mine set up such a system that targeted a bunch of two-player games. It kept track of ratings from the matches in a system much like FargoRate (but without the improved rating calculation method).

The company that FargoRate recently partnered with does such a thing. See https://salotto.app/how-it-works/

you reminded me of hbob

match up with folks playing 8 ball 1pkt whatever

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you reminded me of hbob

match up with folks playing 8 ball 1pkt whatever

Hopefully I can start traveling again so I can make it over to Houston so you can beat me up some more at 1pkt. Have you been playing any one hole?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Hopefully I can start traveling again so I can make it over to Houston so you can beat me up some more at 1pkt. Have you been playing any one hole?

I just have one bird who plays it with me
Ill bring him out whenever you show up again