Steve Lomax Custom Cues

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
Nine Ball said:
Jennings is a pretty decent player. What's Jim been up to?

Jim is another guy that I owe alot to for the support that he gave me when I first started playing pool. He moved to S.C. about 2 years ago. I saw him this past weekend in Atlanta. He said he wasnt sure if he was gonna be able to make it to Athens this weekend. He has family coming in. Jim is a good guy, just like Steve.

Southpaw

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Steve's breaker and jumper

This a pair Steve made for himself. Pretty sweet little jumper to match the break cue.

Lomaxbreakandjumpcues.jpg

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
I got my new Lomax cue this past weekend, and I must say that its the best hitting cue I have ever owned...seriously! Steve brought it to Athens and I used it in the SE Open Amateur event. I will add some pics soon. Steve told me that he has alot of orders for cues he is starting on, so you had better get your order in asap. Oh yeah...did I mention I won the event. Thanks again, Steve....the cue is exactly what I wanted.

Southpaw

ScottW

Fo' shizzle!
Silver Member
Southpaw: if I'd been thinking, I would have asked you if I could shoot around with that cue a little bit yesterday... :(

So Lomax has no website?

(Ponders the fact that I am a web developer by trade, and would be willing to work in trade...)

stevel

Lomax Custom Cues
Silver Member
Southpaw said:
I got my new Lomax cue this past weekend, and I must say that its the best hitting cue I have ever owned...seriously! Steve brought it to Athens and I used it in the SE Open Amateur event. I will add some pics soon. Steve told me that he has alot of orders for cues he is starting on, so you had better get your order in asap. Oh yeah...did I mention I won the event. Thanks again, Steve....the cue is exactly what I wanted.

Southpaw

Thanks. I am glad you like it. Congrats on your win.

Steve

Chi2dxa

Lost over C&D Triangle
Silver Member
Steve does FANTASTIC work!!! Steve has done a number of fix it jobs for me after someone else had screwed my sticks up and all I can say is he does FANTASTIC work!!! Great guy to talk with and very professional.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always done right by me

I used to collect Meucci cues and if I had a question, steve was one of the guys I called for questions.

Always seemed to be helpful.

Ken

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member
Lets get the story strait about who uses what cues. I just got done playing Jim Jennings just a few hours ago at my shop and he breaks and plays with my cues. He just bought a new Mike Gulyassy playing cue a few days ago. He has been using my cues for as long as I can remember. He was the first person to sell my Sledgehammer Break Jump Cues. He used to come every 2 weeks like clockwork to get all the cues I had completed to take to Atlanta to sell and the 10 to 15 that I could build in 2 weeks was not near enough after the first month. Jim is a very dear and personal friend of mine. He will be back tomorrow to play some more pool. We are getting ready for the Seniors Event in Columbia, South Carolina this weekend at Grady's Pool Room where I will be setting up with my cues and cue repair.

NoBull9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike it may break your heart to know that your cues are not the only cue Jim has been known to shoot with.I purchased one of your J/B cues fron Jim years ago, nice cue got stolen.

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
Isn't Stevie Moore also playing with one of these cues? Stevie's cue sounds really nice and I believe he said it was a Lomax when I asked him, does he put a silver block letter logo on the butt cap?

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
Fart sniffer said:
Isn't Stevie Moore also playing with one of these cues? Stevie's cue sounds really nice and I believe he said it was a Lomax when I asked him, does he put a silver block letter logo on the butt cap?

yeah it is
good to see you neil in gainesville
you da man !!!

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
Thanks man, as usual it was fun hanging out with you guys. Sorry we didn't get too inebriated this time but that will give us a goal for next time.

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member
NoBull9 said:
Mike it may break your heart to know that your cues are not the only cue Jim has been known to shoot with.I purchased one of your J/B cues fron Jim years ago, nice cue got stolen.
I know Jim as good as anybody in the world. I know how many cues he has has over the last 8 or 9 years. He always comes back to mine. Stevie Moore has won as many tournaments with my cues as any other cue he has used. We could not get together on a price for his new cue so he changed. I wish I could sponsor these guys but they all payed for my cues. Dennis Hatch, Earl Strickland, Stevie Moore, Johnny Archer, Brian White, Max Eberly, Nick Varner, Allen Hopkins, Thorsten Hohmann, Paul Potier, Jose Garcia, Tony Watson, C. J. Weiley, Dennis Orcolo, Ronnie Alcano, Frank Alverez, Rodney Morris, Strong Arm John, and I have sponsored in my hay day, Belinda Calhoun, Ralf Souquet, Buddy Hall, Troy Frank, Danny Medina, Jenette Breadlove, Monica Webb, I also gave Efren Reyes Buddy Hall's cue that I had made for Buddy because Efren would not give it back to Buddy after he hit some balls with it. All I can think of off hand.

NoBull9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a pretty nice list Mike.I asked Richard Black years ago who was shooting with his cues.His reply!No pro's at this time they want you to give them everything if they like my product then there going to need to pay for it.

max06

3-C convert
Silver Member
wade said:
I spent many hours in steve's shop and i can tell u that you will not find to many cuemakers as picky about there work as steve is.I am currantly using a titlist conversion that steve made for me.And i can tell anyone this is the best hitting cue i have owned.Anyone looking for work or purchasing a cue won't be disappointed.
Shane

Got this beautiful Brunswick butterfly full spliced Hoppe-style conversion last week from Steve & it's more than I ever expected. Straight as an arrow, seamless wrap, perfect finish and plays great.
Shane is right...you won't be disappointed!!

Rich Sluzalis aka rdgrich
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/rdgrich/lomax_08/?albumview=slideshow