SVB cheating? Shaw/SVB Derby 9 Ball

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't understand what does Jayson means when he says that "you are breaking dead center Shane"... He can't be talking about breaking from the dead center of the table because he clearly doesn't..
Aiming dead center the 1 ball is illegal now, Jayson? Never heard that before...

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As much as I'm a big fan of Jayson. He's off base here.
The last 3 racks Shane made the wing ball. I watched him do that to Jayson in the finals of Turning Stone 28 and Jayson was racking.

Shane just knows how to break from the box.

Now if Shane sank 3 9 balls in a row and intentionally left gaps in the back of the rack in order to do so, then that's a different story.

But making the wing ball and running out 8 balls in 3 consecutive racks is not cheating.

Does Jayson think even with an accu rack/magic rack Shane wouldn't be making the wing ball??

Yes, that's what he thinks. Breaking from where Shane was breaking from, and hitting them the way he did (dead square), the only way the corner ball goes is with gaps.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

KyPLayer

Registered
I played in the bank tournament on those tables with those racks. All I have to say is good luck freezing all those balls, it's just not gonna happen. The best you can do is getting that one froze to the next two and after that do the best you can. Shaw can be a real sore loser, just another example.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't understand what does Jayson means when he says that "you are breaking dead center Shane"... He can't be talking about breaking from the dead center of the table because he clearly doesn't..
Aiming dead center the 1 ball is illegal now, Jayson? Never heard that before...

Jayson was referring to the fact (or so I thought it was) that since the inception of 9 ball, the wing ball was only wired for the corner when breaking from the side. Shane was breaking from pretty close to the center of the table and that ball doesn't usually go from there.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok. And I now you were there, for the record.

I am in agreement with you about the gaps. I was hoping that I could catch the larger gaps. If that pic is legit, and I believe it is, seeing the gaps would be impossible from my vantage point.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, that's what he thinks. Breaking from where Shane was breaking from, and hitting them the way he did (dead square), the only way the corner ball goes is with gaps.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Go to 23:29 in this video.....

https://youtu.be/Iq_KZvz6QYA

Shane breaks from the box, hits dead square, and wing ball goes on a rack that Shaw gives him.

So we can assume Shaw gave him a tight rack with no gaps.

Shane still makes the wing ball because Shane breaks like a monster.
I could watch the rest of the match and keep a statistic record but I don't have the time.

This was just a move by Shaw. Plain and simple.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Go to 23:29 in this video.....

https://youtu.be/Iq_KZvz6QYA

Shane breaks from the box, hits dead square, and wing ball goes on a rack that Shaw gives him.

So we can assume Shaw gave him a tight rack with no gaps.

Shane still makes the wing ball because Shane breaks like a monster.
I could watch the rest of the match and keep a statistic record but I don't have the time.

This was just a move by Shaw. Plain and simple.

I agree with you.

Breaking from the box and using a magic rack, I can snap the wing ball in the corner pocket. That ball goes with a tight rack.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheating or not... what I find impressive is that even after the altercation Shane still ran out with a tester on the 1 ball.

I thought the same thing. Hearts pumping. Your opponent just raked the rack and made you re rack, then took photos of your rack implying you're cheating and you open up with that 1 down the rail.
That was impressive considering the situation.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So SVB cant play? and the field is weak too?

You did follow the post to whic I replied to too?

My response was to the question, if the game is so easy, why don't 2nd tier players win more big events, while the better players are winning almost always?

IMO...no, not just imo, fact:

The better players win because together, they are an 'opponent' that is SUPER hard for a notably lesser player to work his way through.

Let's look at the paths to a win a 64 player event. Say 64 player, 4 world beaters, 10 2nd tier pros and the rest lucky to cash or thereabouts.

The 4 are VERY unlikely to play 3 of equal skill level prior to the semis or finals, while the opposite is true for the lesser players.

That's why the world beaters usually win.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson was referring to the fact (or so I thought it was) that since the inception of 9 ball, the wing ball was only wired for the corner when breaking from the side. Shane was breaking from pretty close to the center of the table and that ball doesn't usually go from there.
Ever heard of the “L” shape when racking 9 ball? Square hit and the wing ball goes almost every time from anywhere, especially the box. Just saying what most already know.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I thought the same thing. Hearts pumping. Your opponent just raked the rack and made you re rack, then took photos of your rack implying you're cheating and you open up with that 1 down the rail.
That was impressive considering the situation.

it was impressive that he just took it all in stride and still ran out and even after, just walked off smiling and laughing at him when jason continued jawing

handled the situation like a boss

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Shaw began with a 3-0 lead...were the races to 6? Guess doesn't matter. SVB win..6-3.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Just so people don't think I'm trying to exaggerate, here's a pic from the next seat above the rail. Probably 6 feet higher since I was standing up with my feet a the head height of the row at the glass rail.

I think this pic was from the last DO match. (vs Melling)

This is a very poor pic but it illustrates what I was talking about. Remember, no flash photos.
View attachment 482637

That’s the loosest rack I’ve ever seen....:eek: