SVB cheating? Shaw/SVB Derby 9 Ball

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Shane had a great layout after the break, having to shoot the one past the side pocket lol. When Shaw looked at it a second time why not spread them again and make him re-rack :confused: Nice comment by Shane at the end "its ok for you to make a ball" :thumbup: Typical low rent antics

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lets all realize that racks get loose
every space is not created intentionally

I am afraid we are playing fast and loose with a mans reputation

this reminds me of women who gossip

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Let's be honest what Shaw was mad about wasn't the rack. He was mad because he was down 7-1 or whatever it was and was getting freight trained. I agree with Justin that if we had a real tour with high level players 10 ball should be played, but for now when it's rack your own it's my opinion that you should get to rack how you like as long as the rack isn't crooked and the 1 is on the spot. Shaw could have done the same if he wanted. So could all the players. But look at how hard and perfect SVB was hitting the rack. Not everyone can do that. That's hard work, practice, and skill.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's be honest what Shaw was mad about wasn't the rack. He was mad because he was down 7-1 or whatever it was and was getting freight trained. I agree with Justin that if we had a real tour with high level players 10 ball should be played, but for now when it's rack your own it's my opinion that you should get to rack how you like as long as the rack isn't crooked and the 1 is on the spot. Shaw could have done the same if he wanted. So could all the players. But look at how hard and perfect SVB was hitting the rack. Not everyone can do that. That's hard work, practice, and skill.

You have this right.
Here is the finals from turning stone a little over a year ago.

Shaw was undefeated and Shane did this to him....

https://youtu.be/Iq_KZvz6QYA

The only difference was Shaw was racking and to his credit he was very respectful and a good sportsman in defeat.
He should've been the same here. The photo he posted shows no gaps in the back of the rack (which wild lead to movement of 9 ball).
I'm fact, I'm sure if left this rack by his opponent Shaw would ask for a re-rack because he's knows that's not really an advantageous rack. But here he's saying it's cheating because that's a good rack???
Rodney Morris was taking photos of Mike dechaine's racks in a past tournament I watched, but the difference was that was the rack Mike was giving him.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Shaw was acting like he didn't want to be there in the previous match and was in give up mode, until he got a chance and made that huge comeback.

I had Shane and Shaw for $$$, and was glad this happened cause Shaw didn't want to be there.

If it wasn't for his attitude in the previous match, I woulda preferred Shaw win.
Jason

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I too would like to see the pic. I don't believe that the pic posted is the correct one.

The reflection in the balls is of a Diamond light and you can see his arm in it. The pattern the balls are in is just like the video also. The next rack Shaw waved his arm like it was bad also, but the balls didnt lay great afterwards and the one wasnt straight in. Shaw probably wouldnt have used the same dialect if playing someone like Dennis Hatch, or a far lesser caliber player even. Shanes demeanor speaks for his actions, if it was a move then it was well played.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont understand???

They all do it. That’s the only you can win a 9 ball tournament is to make the corner ball and get straight in in one ball. Shane isn’t doing anything that 20 other players are doing. 9 ball is way too much luck and it’s all just racking, you don’t need a good break you just need to know where to leave gaps & where to make them tight. 9 ball shouldn’t be played at high level it should be 10 ball, call shot, on really tight pockets. You can take the 2,000th best player in the world & he will rob the #1 player in the world if breaks better playing 9 ball it’s stupid game really.

If what you say is correct then why is it that its always the same top players finishing at the top of every tournament? SVB, KO, Chung, Shaw, Dennis..., where are the chumps that just know how to play the rack?

FreeShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Exactly. If Shaw was up 7-1 then it wouldn't have been an issue.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like I already said - Jason posted it on his own FB account:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1878837368856436&set=p.1878837368856436
The arrangement of balls in the image is as was on the rack in the clip. I doubt Jason would go to great lengths to fake the image before posting it if that's what you're implying.

One of the reasons that I had questioned the pic is that I was sitting directly over the rack 10 feet up. I know that's quite far, but gaps that large should have been visible not just at my location but also on the floor. I chose that location to try to steal Shane's racking secrets. I waited all day to get in the correct seating position with the correct table assignment.

For the record, I like Shaw and SVB.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the reasons that I had questioned the pic is that I was sitting directly over the rack 10 feet up. I know that's quite far, but gaps that large should have been visible not just at my location but also on the floor. I chose that location to try to steal Shane's racking secrets. I waited all day to get in the correct seating position with the correct table assignment.

For the record, I like Shaw and SVB.

Nawwww. I don't think you can see 2 gaps in a 9b rack from 10'+ away, can you?

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Here's the photo of the rack that Jason Shaw took.

26992509_1878837368856436_3010023861306400508_n.jpg

What we learned from this is clear. Shaw needs some photography lessons.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I were playing Shaw, I would wait until the last ball stopped moving after making the winning ball before starting to rack for the next game. He might call a foul.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just so people don't think I'm trying to exaggerate, here's a pic from the next seat above the rail. Probably 6 feet higher since I was standing up with my feet a the head height of the row at the glass rail.

I think this pic was from the last DO match. (vs Melling)

This is a very poor pic but it illustrates what I was talking about. Remember, no flash photos.
DCC rack.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If what you say is correct then why is it that its always the same top players finishing at the top of every tournament? SVB, KO, Chung, Shaw, Dennis..., where are the chumps that just know how to play the rack?

Coz it is a whole lot easier for svb to half ass his way thru a few scrubs than it is for a scrub to steal a march thru a few svbs.