SVB signs with Cuetec

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane is still in China and has little time to spend online but he wanted me to post this to let everyone know about his exciting news.

Shane is happy to report that he will join the Cuetec team with Allison as he signed a 3-year deal with Cuetec yesterday. This is something he has been considering for over a year now and he had interest from other cue companies as well. But after consideration, testing out several products and getting familiar with the company itself, Shane is very optimistic about the partnership with Cuetec and is very much looking forward to working with them. For anyone that doesn't know, they have a new wood shaft out (R360) that is made of Canadian maple which is what prompted him to start considering their offers.

Shane and Allison will be in Vegas in 2 weeks to represent Cuetec at the BCA Expo. This pic is from the players reception in China this week:
ShanenAllison2.jpg

More details will probably be out soon in a press release.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Shane. I hope he makes a lot of dough from this.

One thought though......Shane is a big-time gambler/competitor. Doesn't CUETEC ban that for their players?

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
Shane is still in China and has little time to spend online but he wanted me to post this to let everyone know about his exciting news.

Shane is happy to report that he will join the Cuetec team with Allison as he signed a 3-year deal with Cuetec yesterday. This is something he has been considering for over a year now and he had interest from other cue companies as well. But after consideration, testing out several products and getting familiar with the company itself, Shane is very optimistic about the partnership with Cuetec and is very much looking forward to working with them. For anyone that doesn't know, they have a new wood shaft out (R360) that is made of Canadian maple which is what prompted him to start considering their offers.

Shane and Allison will be in Vegas in 2 weeks to represent Cuetec at the BCA Expo. This pic is from the players reception in China this week:
ShanenAllison2.jpg

More details will probably be out soon in a press release.

Ok ok...how much did he lose in the phillipines?? lol.. Just kidn'
Congrats to you SVB.... I still want some pool lessons even if i have to shoot with a cuetech:thumbup:

Impact Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Asking Shane to join their team is probably the smartest move Cuetec could have done to generate any forward momentum for their product line. He is such a high caliber player, in skill set and in professionalism on and off the table--very much like Allison, who seems to have done well with their product over the years. This R360 must play pretty well too, to have won such an endorsement.

To all your continued success! Safest travels guys.

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Shane. I hope he makes a lot of dough from this.

One thought though......Shane is a big-time gambler/competitor. Doesn't CUETEC ban that for their players?

There are no stipulations that I know of. I think we can all agree that Shane doesn't involve himself in anything that would bring shame to any sponsor, even in the manner that he gambles, so I don't think that will be a problem.

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
There are no stipulations that I know of. I think we can all agree that Shane doesn't involve himself in anything that would bring shame to any sponsor, even in the manner that he gambles, so I don't think that will be a problem.

Have you ever seen him in a poolroom full of money to be won?? His eyes light up at each and every chance to match up...
I think he will have a hard time changing his ways....
SVB has to matchup to maintain his level of poolplaying ability... That's just who he is....
don't ya think??

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you ever seen him in a poolroom full of money to be won?? His eyes light up at each and every chance to match up...
I think he will have a hard time changing his ways....
SVB has to matchup to maintain his level of poolplaying ability... That's just who he is....
don't ya think??

Of course, I've seen it. And yes I absolutely agree, he thinks matching up is a big part of what keeps his game sharp. I didn't say he would stop gambling so I DEFINITELY don't want people to think that is what I said AT ALL. I just said that he doesn't make a fool of himself when he does so they never even discussed that in their negotiations. I don't think Cuetec is worried about that part at all. They have been wanting to sign him for a long time so they are fully aware of what type of player he is and where and how he will give them exposure.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Congrats to Shane and Cuetec. It seems like an Allison & Shane team will be a winning combo for Cuetech and Shane. This new wood shaft must hit well for Shane to endorse it. He just doesn't seem like the type of person that would sign if he didn't feel the product was good. Plus Cuetec has and does give a lot back to the game. Good luck in China Shane and in the future. Johnnyt

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
This is great news, I am sure they will make a nice cue for Shane to play with and then release on the market and hopefully get away from the cheap looking stuff they put out, maybe a more traditional style cue. I wonder if they will call it the SVB line. :smile:

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
I love Cuetec!

This is great news, I love playing with my cuetec. Now I don't have to hide the fact that I play with one. I can say I play with the same equipment as SVB:thumbup: Now I'm going to upgrade to the R360 and play lights out.

ct3673250x150-18336.jpg

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Congrats to Shane and Cuetec. It seems like an Allison & Shane team will be a winning combo for Cuetech and Shane. This new wood shaft must hit well for Shane to endorse it. He just doesn't seem like the type of person that would sign if he didn't feel the product was good. Plus Cuetec has and does give a lot back to the game. Good luck in China Shane and in the future. Johnnyt

All i can say is wow .
all the people shane thats great..

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
Of course, I've seen it. And yes I absolutely agree, he thinks matching up is a big part of what keeps his game sharp. I didn't say he would stop gambling so I DEFINITELY don't want people to think that is what I said AT ALL. I just said that he doesn't make a fool of himself when he does so they never even discussed that in their negotiations. I don't think Cuetec is worried about that part at all. They have been wanting to sign him for a long time so they are fully aware of what type of player he is and where and how he will give them exposure.

All i know is that Cuetec just got them a great player and person to represent them... Aren't u his girlfriend??

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are no stipulations that I know of... Shane doesn't involve himself in anything that would bring shame to any sponsor, even in the manner that he gambles, so I don't think that will be a problem.

...they never even discussed that in their negotiations. I don't think Cuetec is worried about that part at all. They have been wanting to sign him for a long time so they are fully aware of what type of player he is and where and how he will give them exposure.

Holy hell...maybe?

Guaranteed Cuetec thought of it. They aren't throwing their 6figs at a hope so.

I also guarantee the gambling could be interpereted as 'bring(ing) shame to any sponsor'.

Cuetec did their homework. I hope SVBdid his.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member

This is going to be an interesting change for Shane using a Cuetec cue. He's played with one Joss shaft on his Joss butt and later on a Schon butt for breaking and shooting for a long time. Most of his success has been using that one shaft and I wonder how he's going to adjust to a Cuetec cue and shaft.

James

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
All i know is that Cuetech just got them a great player and person to represent them... Aren't u his girlfriend??

Cuetec, not Cuetech.

Cuetech is RandyG's pool school.

Fred <~~~ not meaning to be the spelling police, but Randy's a friend