SVB signs with Cuetec

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Shane. I hope he makes a lot of dough from this.

One thought though......Shane is a big-time gambler/competitor. Doesn't CUETEC ban that for their players?
I am guessing Cuetec knows all about that and wouldn't have considered Shane if it was going to be a problem.

BVal

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am not a lawyer, but I am told that a money match-up between two players is no more gambling than entering a tournament and putting up your entry fee. "Gambling" is what is done by the railbirds who bet on an outcome that they cannot influence.

If money matches, where players put up their own money in an effort to earn a payday, is gambling, then every commission-based salesman is a gambler. Using your skills to earn an income is hardly gambling.

I sure feel like one sometimes!! LOL.

Ray

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
Congrats to SVB. Congrats Cuetec.:thumbup:

One question.......is a giant Michael Jackson glove madatory and if so does Cuetec provide it?:p

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Shane is still in China and has little time to spend online but he wanted me to post this to let everyone know about his exciting news.

Shane is happy to report that he will join the Cuetec team with Allison as he signed a 3-year deal with Cuetec yesterday. This is something he has been considering for over a year now and he had interest from other cue companies as well. But after consideration, testing out several products and getting familiar with the company itself, Shane is very optimistic about the partnership with Cuetec and is very much looking forward to working with them. For anyone that doesn't know, they have a new wood shaft out (R360) that is made of Canadian maple which is what prompted him to start considering their offers.

Shane and Allison will be in Vegas in 2 weeks to represent Cuetec at the BCA Expo. This pic is from the players reception in China this week:
ShanenAllison2.jpg

More details will probably be out soon in a press release.

It's a good fit. I wish Cutec and Shane all the best for a long and fruitful relationship.

muttley76

"Time to GET BUSY...."
Silver Member
He could have them make a butt that fits his shaft? :) Why not....since almost everyone uses an aftermarket shaft these days.

I'm totally buying an SVB model Cuetec when it comes out (w/ pred shaft).

This hit the nail on the head. I don't think that Earl ever used a Cuetec shaft, did he? Might as well just have a new collar put on the current shaft (provided he doesn't like the Cuetec version). Regardless, in these times getting a sponsorship is a huge deal. Congrats.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
He could have them make a butt that fits his shaft? :) Why not....since almost everyone uses an aftermarket shaft these days.

I'm totally buying an SVB model Cuetec when it comes out (w/ pred shaft).

This sounds like a good idea (buying a SVB Cuetec) and I was thinking that Cuetec might match a butt to Shane's favorite shaft.

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This hit the nail on the head. I don't think that Earl ever used a Cuetec shaft, did he? Might as well just have a new collar put on the current shaft (provided he doesn't like the Cuetec version). Regardless, in these times getting a sponsorship is a huge deal. Congrats.

Shane will most definitely be shooting with a a full Cuetec cue...shaft and butt. I am not sure which Cuetec shaft he will use but it will definitely be made by them. After his tournament in Quatar he will make the switch to his new cue.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't undetstand...how does Cuetec even make any money? I have never even seen anybody "PLAY" with a Cuetec lol.

Are Cuetecs really popular in the states? They must be.

justin.powell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't undetstand...how does Cuetec even make any money? I have never even seen anybody "PLAY" with a Cuetec lol.

I have never seen anyone play with one in person either. I wish good luck to Shane but I won't be going to purchase a Cuetec :D.

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member

To be fair most all of the bad about Cuetec relates to the fiberglass shafts or Earls antics. The low end cue butts are equivalent to cheaper cues from asia, mid level butts are equivalent to standard low cost production mid level cues. The high end cues including the shafts are equivalent to low end McDermott and Vikings. The one piece cues are better value than most (cost to durability), maybe even better than Dufferin. But I won't be running out to buy one either.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
What a great time Cuetec has got now, with Allison, Shane and Travis Trotter! :)

Congrats Shane

Last edited:

chipperd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
svb and cuetek

Hey, I got it, maybe Cutek side of the contract is to stake Shane during all his money matches, and he has to play with a cuetek! Everybody wins!!! lol

beav99_4life

BPT Champion
Silver Member
Cristina,
April Fools is over and you two already played that nice little prank, you can stop now!!! J/K, Congrats to Shane and get that money son.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
In my crystal ball I see Shane doing big money challenge matches on TV sponsored by CueTech. It's a natural progression/ripoff of TAR and CueTech is in a $$ position to do it. Race to 11 for 50-100 grand?
:p

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
Congrats to SVB and Cuetec.........should be a good partnership.......How did Travis pull this off?:scratchhead: