SVB vs Chang Update Thread

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That looks more like moo goo gai pan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol.

I stole that off a Chinese cooking website and it was listed as chop suey.

It didn’t look like what I am used to, either.

FWIW, I never order chop suey.

I prefer Szechuan style Cooking.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Food looks amazing

Actually it’s the opposite. They pulled up even and stopped because it was NOT chop suey.

if they didn’t pull up someone would have got hurt, chop suey action nobody gets hurt and it would have finished.

LOL.

They pulled up because they wanted to “spice up” the recipe.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Both players were exhausted, I think it was a good decision for them as well as those keeping up with it.

The only issue now is if you had taken Chang and the games, would you have already covered the bet, or could you still potentially lose it if SVB happens to cover the spread to 155?

My hunch is, when they made the decision to stop for the night and race to 40 the following night, they were only thinking of themselves. They were not thinking about the ramifications and conflicts this would present for everyone who had bet $ on the match, particularly with a specified game spread.
This is where it gets tricky Chris. I think all people who have made bets on this match should have an option to withdraw their bet before the match begins today. Or they can let it ride!

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both points you are correct. We agree.

very good point on the first one. Your spot on, I was incorrect, bad judgment on my part

and the race to 4, spot shot shoot out is the pinnacle of a new low for pro pool.

best
Fatboy😀😀
Race to 4 with spot shots is bad....just not Bonus Ball bad.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I have no idea how Chang recovers from this .
If Shane starts breaking better, it might be a blowout win for him .

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even if they officially won/lost on an 8.5 game spread? IMO, that bet was done the minute Chang dropped his 112th 10 ball.
I see what you are saying, but didn't they essentially move the goalpost by saying we are now playing to 160? Therefore, an 8.5 game spread now becomes Chang hitting 152?

Or maybe the race to 40 is a new and separate deal? Doesn't affect me personally, and not trying to be difficult. Just trying to learn.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I see what you are saying, but didn't they essentially move the goalpost by saying we are now playing to 160? Therefore, an 8.5 game spread now becomes Chang hitting 152?

Or maybe the race to 40 is a new and separate deal? Doesn't affect me personally, and not trying to be difficult. Just trying to learn.
155 not 160. They extended it 40 from 115. I know it doesn't matter in relation to what you are saying just thought I'd point that out.

Yes, they never finished the set, it could be argued either way. I think the best solution is to give the option of calling it square and calling off the bet or keeping it going to the end...

Here is why. The argument that they were going to 120 and he covered the eight and a half games by getting to 112 first is a valid point; however, you could also say that if the match isn't over, he isn't covering the 8.5 games. It's kind of a catch 22, but if forced I would side with the Chang bettors.

The big question comes into play if someone bet with money odds on a race to 120... Does it matter who wins the matchup or who gets to 120 first???

Again, I think it has to be called a wash unless both parties agree right now on which they are doing.

Jaden

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm in the same boat. No bet. Just looking at it if I were in the bettor's shoes on both sides. Chang hit 112 before there was an extension discussion. If I gave Chang and 8.5 games, I'd have felt I lost at that time, plain and simple. If I received Chang and 8.5 games, I'd have been celebrating. This race is a bit different than say a football game that could get tied up and go into a known overtime. There was no expectation of a tie in this scenario. Again, just my opinion. Hopefully there aren't any major fights or lost friendships on however the bettor's decide to settle.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Giving games against Chang is a bit crazy.
Not really. If Shane's break had been working like it usually does, it could've been a run away. Also, the way it was going at the end, Shane might very well have ended up 5 games up as it stood, it wasn't much of a stretch to say it could've been 4 more games. Remember, both of them were up by more than 8 games at one time or another.

Jaden

^^^^^^^This guy would've never given up games to Chang betting on Shane...

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I'm in the same boat. No bet. Just looking at it if I were in the bettor's shoes on both sides. Chang hit 112 before there was an extension discussion. If I gave Chang and 8.5 games, I'd have felt I lost at that time, plain and simple. If I received Chang and 8.5 games, I'd have been celebrating. This race is a bit different than say a football game that could get tied up and go into a known overtime. There was no expectation of a tie in this scenario. Again, just my opinion. Hopefully there aren't any major fights or lost friendships on however the bettor's decide to settle.
I don't disagree, but making a bet is kind of like signing a contract and legalese DOES matter. It could be argued depending on the wording of the bet. Hey, I'm betting that Shane wins the match they're playing. You can have 8.5 games. The bet wasn't for race to 120, it was for the match. If the match gets changed, then it is no longer the match they had bet on.

And tell me this, what if they had stopped and extended it at 110 or 111 apiece????

Jaden

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't disagree, but making a bet is kind of like signing a contract and legalese DOES matter. It could be argued depending on the wording of the bet. Hey, I'm betting that Shane wins the match they're playing. You can have 8.5 games. The bet wasn't for race to 120, it was for the match. If the match gets changed, then it is no longer the match they had bet on.

And tell me this, what if they had stopped and extended it at 110 or 111 apiece????

Jaden
Hopefully much of this is just conjecture on our part and the actual betting parties already have come to an amicable agreement. I was just providing my perspective and opinion.

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really. If Shane's break had been working like it usually does, it could've been a run away. Also, the way it was going at the end, Shane might very well have ended up 5 games up as it stood, it wasn't much of a stretch to say it could've been 4 more games.

Jaden
Yes may be, but to put money on that, not for me sure, in the stats Chang had better break than Shane, anyway Chang is a very very top player, betting against is not safe in my mind, I bet regularly 500-1000$ on tennis match, but in pool match against Chang may be a little 20 but no more :)