TAR Offer To John Schmidt and Danny Harriman

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John -

Yes, you are right. You are the best. You are so mature.

I respect you and all you have done. You are quite the asset to humanity.

You are the best.

Ken[/QU
dang ken lighten up,i didnt run over your dog or something. for the record thaks for the compliments i knew u would come around eventually lol... seriously ken im sure your a good guy. lets just live and let live bud

Absolutely John, I wish you the very best in all things, too.

I often think about the time I met you in the practice rooms at the Derby City Classic and you were carrying around a ball polisher. You took the balls off the table, put them in the ball polisher and started it while everyone stopped playing pool and wonder what the hell was going on. Everyone looked around at each other like, this has to be candid camera. After cleaning the balls for several minutes you put the balls back on the table and started your practice session.

After a short period of time you quit playing. You then packed up your cues, and ball polisher and left.

Everyone in the room started laughing and said what in the hell was that ?!?!? Does he take a ball polisher with him everywhere he goes ?!?!?!

From that time on, I never thought for a second about Johnny Archer picking lint off the table.

So thanks John, while I still don't understand that entire episode, it never ceases to make me smile. :rolleyes:

Life is good, I'm going go right now and polish some pool balls.

Ken

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I am limited on twitter but I'm doing the best I can to get Harriman's attention
Not in a bad way, just letting it be known John stepped up.
Never know who's on twitter.

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely John, I wish you the very best in all things, too.

I often think about the time I met you in the practice rooms at the Derby City Classic and you were carrying around a ball polisher. You took the balls off the table, put them in the ball polisher and started it while everyone stopped playing pool and wonder what the hell was going on. Everyone looked around at each other like, this has to be candid camera. After cleaning the balls for several minutes you put the balls back on the table and started your practice session.

After a short period of time you quit playing. You then packed up your cues, and ball polisher and left.

Everyone in the room started laughing and said what in the hell was that ?!?!? Does he take a ball polisher with him everywhere he goes ?!?!?!

From that time on, I never thought for a second about Johnny Archer picking lint off the table.

So thanks John, while I still don't understand that entire episode, it never ceases to make me smile. :rolleyes:

Life is good, I'm going go right now and polish some pool balls.

Ken
we were playing ghost games ken and all the pros were polishing the balls before their turns. its good that you were observant enough to notice it. everytime i watch a amateur wonder why they play bad not realizing the physics behind what dirty chalked up balls do to their performance it amuses me. if u go polish the balls im impressed if u could articulate what exactly happens differently on the table i would b more impressed. when players laugh about cleaning the balls to me it just shows ignorance.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
I'll step up to the plate against OMGWTF... I'm a C player too...

You know all the AZers would love to see a girl whup me... :rolleyes:

Short Bus Russ vs OMGWTF...

You gots to give up some weight. She will play you in heels to boot.

Kevin

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
we were playing ghost games ken and all the pros were polishing the balls before their turns. its good that you were observant enough to notice it. everytime i watch a amateur wonder why they play bad not realizing the physics behind what dirty chalked up balls do to their performance it amuses me. if u go polish the balls im impressed if u could articulate what exactly happens differently on the table i would b more impressed. when players laugh about cleaning the balls to me it just shows ignorance.

John

Please don't criticize the sleepy player in my avatar.

Edited. we are down to one.

Kevin

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Its all good John...

None of the other pros carried a ball polisher with them.

They are just not as smart as you are....I'll tell them they should because otherwise John Schmidt will think they are stupid...then they couldn't sleep and then what good would that be?

I'm so glad you are here to enlighten us.

You really are the best, Jillian, you're the best.

Ken

PS. I don't have a dog.

Attachments

• neuman.png
    neuman.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 459

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

Its all good John...

None of the other pros carried a ball polisher with them.

They are just not as smart as you are....I'll tell them they should because otherwise John Schmidt will think they are stupid...then they couldn't sleep and then what good would that be?

I'm so glad you are here to enlighten us.

You really are the best, Jillian, you're the best.

Ken

PS. I don't have a dog.
mika,corey,mike davis,ralf,thorsten,harriman,eberle, archer to name a few actuallydemand to use ball cleaner before they take their turns at derby.
again some pros r smart and some r ignorant. no biggie i luv ignorant players they r easy to beat.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
You gots to give up some weight. She will play you in heels to boot.

Kevin

Absolutely not.. She beat chicken-wing for thousands... I'ma $5.00 player.... I'll choke on principle...

I'll spot her the call 9 if she plays in a bikini, tho!

Short Bus Russ

Str8 Shots

Kimberly Griffiths
Gold Member
Silver Member
It has been brought to our attention that there are multiple threads about a possible Schmidt /Harriman match. We know Mark Cantrill started working on this match a couple of days ago and that he has spoken to both players. We were informed last night by Mark Cantrill that both players had agreed verbally with him to do the match. We were told a few hours ago that TAR came in and also made an offer to host the Schmidt /Harriman match.

When Mark Cantrill set about putting this match together, he really had no idea that the level of hostility that existed between the two players was so intense. It did not become apparent until late yesterday afternoon. At that time that he contacted us and shared what he had learned.

Marc and I spent several hours last night and again this afternoon discussing this match. A few minutes ago we had a conference call with both Mark Cantrill and John Schmidt. During that conversation we explained to John Schmidt, who is a Str8 Shots signed player that we did not feel this match was in line with the direction that Str8 Shots intends to take the players, the team, or the company. We understand why this match is such a hot topic and why it would be an exceptional PPV event. The reasons that make this match so attractive to those that would buy it, are the very reasons we feel it is not in John’s best interest.

We chose several professional players to be a part of team Str8 Shots because they are all great people. Every one of them has a contract with us. In that contract it states that they will get permission from Str8 Shots management before engaging in activities, or aligning themselves, with individuals or activities that could be potentially harmful to their images, the company’s image, or the industry’s image.

When we plan matches, we have a purpose for them above and beyond providing the players with opportunities to test their skills or generate some additional income. Our opinion is that this match only serves to create additional animosity between these players and that is not what we want for any player; whether they are associated with this company or not.

We understand that both offers made to the men provided them with the potential to make several thousand dollars. We are also aware that the money to be made off of this PPV match by Str8 Shots or TAR could be quite substantial. That being said, we have asked John Schmidt NOT to do this match. John Schmidt will be compensated by Str8 Shots for the potential loss of income. He has generously offered to donate a portion of those monies to the Str8 Shots Juniors program.

Thank you for your time. I hope you all have a wonderful evening.

Kimberly Griffiths
(877)921 -9511 ext. 121
kimberly@str8-shots.com
www.str8-shots.com

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im sorry danny,bobby ,lou

Ive been thinking about it. I c people like adam lanza,kill children and terrorists kill people etc. The world is full of terrible people .
I think about guys like danny harriman,bobby chamberlin,and i guess lou figuroa who hate me etc.
The more i think about it they r not bad guys.They have not done anything to me that bad to where i cant say im sorry lets let stuff go under bridge.

Lifes to short for all the grudges etc. Maybe those guys will never be friends with me but theres no need for us to be enemies.

Im going to try to be the bigger man and officially say im sorry and it takes two too tango so i shoulder half the blame for any friction over the years.

bobby chamberlin im sorry
danny harriman im sorry
lou figeruoa im sorry.
You guys r not terrorists or murderers and have never truly wronged anybody so badly that u deserve all the grief i have thrown at u.Whenever u guys attacked me I attacked right back and ive been an ass for that.

I should do this in person but for now i offer this olive branch to u 3 guys in hopes that we can forget the past and just live and let live.
Im not gonna go over who started what ill just finish by saying im to blame too,Im not perfect and ill buy u guys a beer and we can all just try to get along.
That goes to anybody else on azb ive rubbed wrong im sorry,i dont know u and u barely know me so lets all just enjoy life and pool together.

I must admit this felt good to say im sorry i forgive u to these guys and it im not gonna lie, i feel better for it. Lifes to short for hatred and anger etc.
iIhope the 3 guys c this and im gonna try and learn and be a better person from all this.
Bye azb i think ive said enough for now. Peace out

Last edited:

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
This must be what Justin feels like....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 10.24.12 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 10.24.12 PM.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 520

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
It has been brought to our attention that there are multiple threads about a possible Schmidt /Harriman match. We know Mark Cantrill started working on this match a couple of days ago and that he has spoken to both players. We were informed last night by Mark Cantrill that both players had agreed verbally with him to do the match. We were told a few hours ago that TAR came in and also made an offer to host the Schmidt /Harriman match.

When Mark Cantrill set about putting this match together, he really had no idea that the level of hostility that existed between the two players was so intense. It did not become apparent until late yesterday afternoon. At that time that he contacted us and shared what he had learned.

Marc and I spent several hours last night and again this afternoon discussing this match. A few minutes ago we had a conference call with both Mark Cantrill and John Schmidt. During that conversation we explained to John Schmidt, who is a Str8 Shots signed player that we did not feel this match was in line with the direction that Str8 Shots intends to take the players, the team, or the company. We understand why this match is such a hot topic and why it would be an exceptional PPV event. The reasons that make this match so attractive to those that would buy it, are the very reasons we feel it is not in John’s best interest.

We chose several professional players to be a part of team Str8 Shots because they are all great people. Every one of them has a contract with us. In that contract it states that they will get permission from Str8 Shots management before engaging in activities, or aligning themselves, with individuals or activities that could be potentially harmful to their images, the company’s image, or the industry’s image.

When we plan matches, we have a purpose for them above and beyond providing the players with opportunities to test their skills or generate some additional income. Our opinion is that this match only serves to create additional animosity between these players and that is not what we want for any player; whether they are associated with this company or not.

We understand that both offers made to the men provided them with the potential to make several thousand dollars. We are also aware that the money to be made off of this PPV match by Str8 Shots or TAR could be quite substantial. That being said, we have asked John Schmidt NOT to do this match. John Schmidt will be compensated by Str8 Shots for the potential loss of income. He has generously offered to donate a portion of those monies to the Str8 Shots Juniors program.

Kimberly Griffiths
(877)921 -9511 ext. 121
kimberly@str8-shots.com
www.str8-shots.com

Never heard of str8 shots before this. It sucks we won't be able to sweat this match and the conflict of interest is questionable if both guys can be gentleman and just play world class pool. John seems willing to be that guy since he has apologized which seems sincere. Either way they are your players I guess if under contract.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like Danny would get compensated for his loss of potential income as well.

Ken

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member

Kimberly Griffiths
(877)921 -9511 ext. 121
kimberly@str8-shots.com
www.str8-shots.com

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you }#%*% joking
Damnit . I thought str8shots was a good thing
After al this BS you step in from nowhere and screw us out of seeing it
Let's control the damn players

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
Totally f#ckin LAME

I'm a fan of Schmidt and in awe of his abilities, but right now I think of him like this:

Attachments

• JohnSchmidt.gif
    JohnSchmidt.gif
    27 KB · Views: 501

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you }#%*% joking
Damnit . I thought str8shots was a good thing
After al this BS you step in from nowhere and screw us out of seeing it
Let's control the damn players

Not gonna lie.... With this being pretty much their first official act it's gonna start polarizing opinions before they even have a shot at getting started......

Chris

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Do you have to bow down to this BS
I hope they are one helluva sponsor.
Changed my view quick
And John....I hate she changed your mind for you, us fans appreciate it