The Ballad of John and Lou, Part Two

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd be willing to wager that Cue N Cushion does more revenue and more profit in one day then all of the other St Louis area pool rooms combined. Unfortunately we don't have access to the data. You clearly are thinking with a skewed view based on your personal issue with them but if you weren't so pidgeon holed, you would see it.

That would seriously shock me. They always seem to have a steady stream of cheap players. They do not even sell alcohol. If they did not already own the building and have pre-existing equity repaid over they years I do not see how they could be making money. Maybe they sell more equipment and cues than I can imagine. I would expect Side Pockets (though not a standard pool hall) to do a LOT$$$$ more revenue and profit.

Cue and cushion
17 paid for tables x 2 people x 15 hours x $3.60 per hour = $1,836 if every single table was busy the entire day with no specials and no discounts.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I think you took Lou a bit to seriously....I believe he was just making a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Carry on!!!

Maniac

Could be. But then who knows? The same guy thinks I put my wife up to cheering for me just to try and shark him.

Of course I don't understand how saying good shot and clapping for someone is sharking in any form. That seems like a real stretch. There was a person on the other side who also clapped for my good shots. I suppose I had them on my payroll as well?

Lou has said before that he wears the ban from Cue and Cushion as a badge of honor. All I know is that I was impressed by the room on my visit there. Old time rooms like that which still exist need to be celebrated and revered in my opinion.

If I lived in St. Louis then I would be extremely sad if I could not go into that room and play pool any time I wanted to. I would consider myself a failure as a person if I managed to get barred from a room like that.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
If there was a room that a person couldn't get barred from, would anyone really want to play there.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
If there was a room that a person couldn't get barred from, would anyone really want to play there.

I would want to play there. I like rooms of all kinds. Love the seedy and gritty ones, sometimes wild things happen in spots like that.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
That would seriously shock me. They always seem to have a steady stream of cheap players. They do not even sell alcohol. If they did not already own the building and have pre-existing equity repaid over they years I do not see how they could be making money. Maybe they sell more equipment and cues than I can imagine. I would expect Side Pockets (though not a standard pool hall) to do a LOT$$$$ more revenue and profit.

Cue and cushion
17 paid for tables x 2 people x 15 hours x $3.60 per hour = $1,836 if every single table was busy the entire day with no specials and no discounts.

The pool room just pays the light bill. You should go say hello to Cary the next time you are in there.

And let's not forget about the rooms in St Louis that operate at a loss - for years.

Side Pockets? You need to do more math.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe you have to change to an earlier version of the software, down at the very bottom left of the entire page. As I recall, the multi quote button is available then.

I'm on ver 4 something now, and its not visible. I don't if its ver 2 or ver 3.

Sean?

I'm too old and crusty to change now anyway.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd be willing to wager that Cue N Cushion does more revenue and more profit in one day then all of the other St Louis area pool rooms combined. Unfortunately we don't have access to the data. You clearly are thinking with a skewed view based on your personal issue with them but if you weren't so pidgeon holed, you would see it.

We were not talking about pool rooms in St. Louis, but rather pool halls I've visited across the country. However, as you know, I spent a few days at Side Pockets recently and IMO they have got to have C&C *easily* beat on profit.

And, watchez, you do not know me well enough to be entitled to say why I would say anything. What? In the 20 some-odd years I've lived in St. Louis you and I have spoken perhaps a half dozen times? Those folks that do know me, and with whom I've discussed this issue with, know very well that I have no interest in playing at the other place nowadays because a) the equipment is even worst than it was before; b) the action there has dried up; and c) I don't go out and play pool at night or on the weekends anymore since Gail's cancer. It is peaceful during the day at The Break, so I can practice without a lot of falderal going on; the equipment is better; if I want action I can get all I want with a phone call; and Terry and Koop and everyone else there like and are very good to me -- Koop even gave me a key to the joint last year. If I wasn't barred from the other place I wouldn't go there anyway.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Cue and cushion

Unless they added an annex I don't think they have 17 tables, Dan. And I agree with you on Side Pockets, what with their food and drink sales, plus all the coin-ops.

Lou Figueroa

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Unless they added an annex I don't think they have 17 tables, Dan. And I agree with you on Side Pockets, what with their food and drink sales, plus all the coin-ops.

Lou Figueroa

Can we bet $1000 or more --- I'll give it to Cary's favorie charity if he would be willing to give us an answer? I don't care if mlalum stakes you. I know what Side Pockets does - my business partner used to manage there.

Side Pockets would burn their money, what they have, if they could have what Cue N Cushion does in a day. I don't think you were very observant in your years you spent there.

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just want to applaud the use of the word "falderal" in this thread. Nice one, Lou.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can we bet $1000 or more --- I'll give it to Cary's favorie charity if he would be willing to give us an answer? I don't care if mlalum stakes you. I know what Side Pockets does - my business partner used to manage there.

Side Pockets would burn their money, what they have, if they could have what Cue N Cushion does in a day. I don't think you were very observant in your years you spent there.

lol. I never thought the day would come that you'd start to sound like John Barton.

I paid plenty of attention when I was there. Enough that I cannot count the number of times that Chris and the crew would moan about *the pool hall* not making any money. The jewelry in the back is another story.

Lou Figueroa

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
Could be. But then who knows? The same guy thinks I put my wife up to cheering for me just to try and shark him.

Of course I don't understand how saying good shot and clapping for someone is sharking in any form. That seems like a real stretch. There was a person on the other side who also clapped for my good shots. I suppose I had them on my payroll as well?

Lou has said before that he wears the ban from Cue and Cushion as a badge of honor. All I know is that I was impressed by the room on my visit there. Old time rooms like that which still exist need to be celebrated and revered in my opinion.

If I lived in St. Louis then I would be extremely sad if I could not go into that room and play pool any time I wanted to. I would consider myself a failure as a person if I managed to get barred from a room like that.

You would do well to extend this same perspective to the AZ forums. It shouldn't need mentioning, but this is a great community we have here. We should all be reminded that the impact of our social interactions on the internet are evolving to parallel those in real life.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue is much more diversified than SP. I will put my $ with HUD.

Never had any issues with Hud and to this day think he's a good guy. And if people would stop trying to poke me in the eye on this topic I'd never say a word about that place. But some folks want to try and use it, so it gets rehashed.

Lou Figueroa

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
JB and Lou keeping it classy?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396738242.431739.jpg

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You would do well to extend this same perspective to the AZ forums. It shouldn't need mentioning, but this is a great community we have here. We should all be reminded that the impact of our social interactions on the internet are evolving to parallel those in real life.

Huh?

I know it's a great community - for the most part - it's the great people here and the readers that keep me here. The trolls and liars and stalkers are unfortunately part of the package at present but the bad (them) doesn't outweigh the good.