The Great Pool Experiment Pool Reality Show.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well its finally happened and I sincerely hope that this show will be the shot in the arm that our game needs to get it going again.

Please read the attached from Zero-X Billiards Face Book page. Copied here with permission.

It's been a long time coming but excited to begin filming of pool reality show, '14 Days - The Great Pool Experiment' beginning in first week of June. Great participants from several states. First episode in Vegas, a very determined to get better pool player who's ready to take on a difficult challenge to reach the next level in his game - to become a "pool monster."

Two more participants from Vegas with some exciting league play, interviews, game play. Watch them all achieve what they set out to do after performing my non-stop custom drills to perfect their fundamentals.

Best part is that it's not from what I'll teach them. It's because of what's already inside of them and how they'll discover that during the '14 Days' they'll train with me. Can't announce yet when first episode will be ready to view but when I do, it'll be right here first.

I'll also announce soon which cities I'll be filming in after first episode. I'll still taking applications for participants. Thanks everyone for your patience while I've been filming my upcoming release and preparing for the official start of '14 Days.' Thanks too for your great support! Official reality show trailer coming soon.

Attachments

• 254191_594879627196870_1822065251_n.jpg
    254191_594879627196870_1822065251_n.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 6,761

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also wanted to mention that Tor Lowry and his filming crew will be coming to the St. Louis area for the series filming.

Get your applications in asap.

This is a great opportunity. :wink: The only thing it will cost you is your time.

This is a brutal 14 day pool boot camp. 112 hours of instruction. Are you up for it?

John

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I do believe a Reality Show is the answer, however......

Also wanted to mention that Tor Lowery and his filming crew will be coming to the St. Louis area for the series filming.

Get your applications in asap.

This is a great opportunity. :wink:

John

I guess we'll get the answer to the "age old question" .....can you get better by doing drills???.....hmmm, I do believe a Reality Show is a GREAT idea, however....... ;)

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Good step in the right direction. I always though pool would be good subject matter for any number of different types of reality shows. I hope this gets picked up and aired by someone.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Congratulations on making this happen. Everyone should try to promote it to all their pool-playing (and non-pool-playing) friends. Keep us to-to-date.

One comment on "14 days of drills": Every reality show I can think of (caution: I don't watch many/any of them) involves competition. I think you've got to work in a heavy competitive element. Maybe that's "who can do the drill the best?" or maybe it's more of a real game situation.

The other recommendation...although I'm sure you're already on top of this one: Make sure all the people are beautiful people. Not too many plain janes on The Bachelor, or Dancing With the Stars, or any of the shows. Beauty sells.

Last edited:

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess we'll get the answer to the "age old question" .....can you get better by doing drills???.....hmmm, I do believe a Reality Show is a GREAT idea, however....... ;)

Thanks CJ. I hope that this series will be a good shot in the arm for the game we love.

I am attaching an email I received from Tor Lowery when I asked permission to post his post on Face Book.

See below

John,

Not at all, you're always welcome to copy anything I say on Facebook. Thanks so much for kindly asking though, that's much appreciated.

I definitely am coming to St. Louis and hope you get your application in for '14 Days - The Great Pool Experiment' if you haven't already! I've been swamped with applications, but thankfully have some great interns to keep me organized, especially while I'm filming. I filmed preliminaries for the first participants yesterday in Vegas and I can hardly wait to see what happens for them. They definitely all have great potential and of course determination! I'll be posting their bios & photos over the next few days - some really great people.

Thanks for the link to Side Pockets. That looks like a very cool place. I've been making arrangements with bars and pool halls in just about every city I'm going to for purposes of filming some league action, interviewing players and more. Some other great features of '14 Days' will include very cool segments with everything from trick shot artists, interviews and even behind the scenes looks at some great, but not well known craftsmen - people who make amazing products for all of us pool players but rarely are acknowledged because they're the "little guys." It's what I love the most about '14 Days,' that everybody has a shot, maybe a chance they'd never have otherwise. I was just telling somebody else how I view what I'm doing a little bit like American Idol. Without American Idol, there's some awesome singers out there now who might otherwise have never been known - kind of sad when you think about it. There's some great potential out there, people who could be the next pool legends who maybe can't afford expensive pool coaches or even instructional materials, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be given a chance to be everything they can be. I've seen some absolute unknowns and can usually tell when they have the qualities necessary to be amazing pool players, even pros!

I'll be sure to stay in touch and let you know when I'll be getting close to you. Even if you don't apply as a participant, let's be sure to meet up. You can watch filming if you want or we can shoot some pool. Always great to meet new friends with the same love of the game of pool!

Thanks again and take care,

Tor

End email reply.

Someone has got to do something to get the game going again and Tor has stepped up to the plate.

Thanks for all that you do CJ.

Still waiting for the Banking Video. :smile:

John

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Yep, I'm following this on Face Book and can't wait for the end result.
Judging from Tor's ability to produce and script a teaching DVD, I anticipate that this will
Be well worth watching.

Best of luck Tor.

It may well be that shot in the arm that we have been waiting for.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its my understanding that the Zero-X Billiards filming crew will be in Texas
July 11-30

Exactly where in Texas I don't know. Hopefully Dallas.

Get your applications in to be included in the show.

Have fun. :smile:

John

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filming to Begin in Las Vegas on June 2nd

Tor is wrapping up filming in Utah.

Next stop Las Vegas then on to Dallas Texas (July 11-30).

For those of you that are not familiar with the Lowry Brothers, check out the link below.

They are not messing around, this is going to happen, be completed and distributed.

http://www.lowrybros.com/lowry_bros_home_page.html

Have fun. :smile:

John

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Have to get a hold of Tor and see if I can gat a copy of Rapture.

That looks real good, and fun.

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
You can buy or rent this videos right on the website :thumbup:

Click on read more under the movie you want. When it switches to the new page, click on trailer. The option to download is there

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Thanks Bud, must have missed it. Computer is in the shop and using an I Pad.
It's goofing around with me and can't say that I like it but its better than nothing.

shewmake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to try it but I'm no where near a grate play I just love to shoot pool if I had to grade my self I would say around b- to b

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to try it but I'm no where near a grate play I just love to shoot pool if I had to grade my self I would say around b- to b

You are exactly the kind of player Tor and crew are looking for. If you have the desire and willing to give your time (at no cost to you - except your time) then go to the Zero-X site and fill out an application.

The filming crew will be coming to Chicago soon.

Man, don't pass this by, give it a shot. :smile:

John

Shermanscs

Steve sherman
Silver Member
I think this is such a cool idea! I would definately follow this series. I think you have created a compelling concept. I'm looking very forward to seeing how it goes.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apparently you never watched any of the 10+ years of Survivor! There were plenty of 'not-so-attractive' people on those shows. You have to wonder if any of these "drills" are 'stolen' from Jimmy Reid.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

The other recommendation...although I'm sure you're already on top of this one: Make sure all the people are beautiful people. Not too many plain janes on The Bachelor, or Dancing With the Stars, or any of the shows. Beauty sells.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Really Scott?
Do you really want to dredge up old news that was never proven in the first place.

And then piss all over a perfectly good thread about Tor trying to do something good
For pool.

I thought you were better than that. Apparently not. Maybe the next thread you start, we should drop in and FK it up for you.

Thanks for the good wishes.

BTW. Did you invent everything you know and teach or perhaps some of your material is borrowed as well.

Sounds like a tiny bit of professional jealousy to me. Yes?

Can't make movies or teaching DVDs like Tor and his brother.
Penis feeling a bit small tonight perhaps?

Wasn't it you that was accused of teaching students while drunk. No, of course not. We shouldn't believe everything that we read on the Internet.

Last edited:

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this is such a cool idea! I would definately follow this series. I think you have created a compelling concept. I'm looking very forward to seeing how it goes.

I haven't created anything other than this thread.

My only mission is to try to keep this thread on page one of AZB.

There has been much discussion on AZB that pocket billiards is dying.

Tor Lowry, his filming crew and support staff are working very hard to bring something positive to the game.

For that, he has my full support.

Have a good day and get that application in. :wink:

John

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
John,
I think it’s a great idea. I've been watching all of Tor’s videos. The banking one has changed my game enough that team mates are truly impressed with my kicking/banking. I sent in my application when he first advertised the 14 day challenge. I have a full-time job and not much vacation so I can’t do the 14 days. He is also offering a shorter clinic, like 3 days, that I will be doing. Tor called me Sunday to get this tentatively setup for August or September Really looking forward to working out a few more kinks in my game.

MyImmortal

Registered
The banking one has changed my game enough that team mates are truly impressed with my kicking/banking.

I will be very eager to see the episode in which you'll appear Bryan, and thank you for your USAF service. Team members responsible to prepare materials for participants are already choosing their "favorites."

Watching the below participant with Tor in preliminary filming last week was indeed a glimpse of how truly great this show is going to be.

Objective: "I want to be the best shooter in the league. I want to be able to run tables and compete at a much higher level. I'm 36 years old and I have the drive to be the very best. I love to play pool and I want to be able to run racks more frequently, able to compete with the very best our town offers. One goal I've set for myself is to have my game strong enough to enter the Doc Hill tournament next spring."

My take: Dennis has great potential. After filming him running 3 sets of race to ten in ghost ball and analyzing the film footage, I identified and will correct all things necessary to provide him with strong fundamentals.

Dennis has several flaws in his fundamentals which have been preventing him from progressing in the past 15 years. Even though Dennis has played league for years and puts in practice time, his game is limited due to these flaws.

Using a customized stroke drill we will not only remove these flaws, but we'll give Dennis a consistent stroke that he can rely on. Then, we'll begin an intensive ball pocketing drill which involves not only pocketing balls, but shooting balls with english, speed control, position play, learning how to hit the center of the cue ball, and pocketing balls with english.

Finally, we'll cover problems Dennis has in 8 and 9 ball patterns. He'll learn how to simplify his position play by using angles and rails to move the cue ball around the table. One problem Dennis has is he tends to overuse english on position shots - we'll show him how to move the cue ball around the table using center, center low and center high.

Given his strengths and determination, I'd say to the Doc Hill Tournament, look for Dennis next spring. I also know if Dennis maintains his committed approach to this, he will be able to run racks consistently and compete at a much higher level! Watch for it pool world, here comes Dennis!

#14Days #PoolMonster

(From Zero-X Billiards Facebook Page with permission of course)

dennis_poster2.jpg