The Hustler > The Color of Money > ???

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
To see it enjoyed is better than a film sometimes

shooter_Hans

I think there was character growth with Vince. He definitely took the turn. He was more refined as a hustler and became the guy Eddie wanted him to be.

Early Vince wanted to win at all cost. End of movie Vince threw matches.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vince never had character growth. TCOM Vince is the same at the start as at the end, over ambitious highly skilled but uneducated.

Eddie was character growth every scene.
What are you talking about.. he completely changed from the beginning to the end of the movie. Thats not true at all. Go watch it again maybe lol

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think there was character growth with Vince. He definitely took the turn. He was more refined as a hustler and became the guy Eddie wanted him to be.

Early Vince wanted to win at all cost. End of movie Vince threw matches.
Yeah exactly.. by the end of the movie he understood the game was about making money and not just winning. He learned to negotiate.. completly different person in the end.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's face it, any pool movie done by hollyweird today would be as politically "woke" as the others being made. If I want political opinion I can tune in CNN... I don't need that bias inserted into entertainment.

maybe that's the key, trick hollywoke into doing a pool movie/series by pitching a cisero murphy or jean balukas story

justnum

Silver Member
Meg Ryan was cute.

Kelly was flat out smoking.

All Kelly did was wear lipstick and lie down for a close up.

Meg did the singing performance and she had the death scene. I always imagine what my ideal partner would do if I was assassinated.

Meg carried the emotion of a single parent widower of a top navy pilot.

Kelly did the hinted sex scene.

justnum

Silver Member
What are you talking about.. he completely changed from the beginning to the end of the movie. Thats not true at all. Go watch it again maybe lol

His girlfriend bosses him around. Thats the whole movie. She needed Eddie to know to learn the industry.

Vince didn't learn anything other than the nineball. He didnt even get the 14.1 reference about 200 balls.

shooter_Hans

Meg did the singing performance and she had the death scene. I always imagine what my ideal partner would do if I was assassinated.

You’re talking about acting but earlier we’re talking about who is sexier or hot. While Meg was a better actor but damn Kelly was one of those once in a lifetime beauties.

Mr Machine

Hollywood today demands a strong female lead.
Slightly adapt the AI generated story line to accommodate the unknown but super gifted woman league player….. Can Pia act?…..
Vincent hears about and dismisses her as a bucket playing banger while she rises thru trial and tribulation.
Flesh out the storyline with her learning to gamble and perform under extreme pressure all the while building an internet following that Vincent willfully ignores.
The aging Vincent struggles with his iPhone and social media assistant. Fearful of his game slipping away.
End with the classic Hollywood showdown.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His girlfriend bosses him around. Thats the whole movie. She needed Eddie to know to learn the industry.

Vince didn't learn anything other than the nineball. He didnt even get the 14.1 reference about 200 balls.
I don’t see it that way at all. I guess you forget the scene where he’s angry at her for not pushing the guy for more money. But to each his own I guess

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Movies need to have profits at the end. Every regular member here wouldn't even fill a movie theater or be good enough for Netflix to have it as a selection. The monetary outgo to make the movie would far exceed the monetary income.
Anybody watch some of the matches shown on ESPN recently? No? Hmmm...I wonder why.

The Hustler and TCOM were both about a bygone era of gambling and hustling as part of making a living and the excitement while setting the hustles and matching the opponents up.

What is the theme going to be now, "My Fargo rating is higher than yours...nanya-nanya-nanya." Case of beer at the end of the year for the winner!

m00sebumps

Movies need to have profits at the end. Every regular member here wouldn't even fill a movie theater or be good enough for Netflix to have it as a selection. The monetary outgo to make the movie would far exceed the monetary income.
Anybody watch some of the matches shown on ESPN recently? No? Hmmm...I wonder why.

The Hustler and TCOM were both about a bygone era of gambling and hustling as part of making a living and the excitement while setting the hustles and matching the opponents up.

What is the theme going to be now, "My Fargo rating is higher than yours...nanya-nanya-nanya." Case of beer at the end of the year for the winner!
Queen's Gambit did very well on netflix and it's about chess, which i would imagine is a topic most lay persons would find more boring than pool

shooter_Hans

To make this work here is a brief summary of this dream sequel:

-Vince becomes a hardcore alcoholic after his wife was murdered over a game of pool.
-He lives alone in Queens and Eddie has long passed.
-He plays pool at nights so he doesn't have to go to sleep because he drinks him self to sleep.
-Plays pool to make rent

-The guy he lost the game the match to, that eventually caused the death of his wife, returns to New York City for a big tournament.
-To get close enough to the guy he has to play this tournament to get to the finals against the accomplice.

-Builds his own cue outfitted with hidden knife and a various cues with hammer and trigger system.

-Gets ready for tournament.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member

"Assassinated"

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Queen's Gambit did very well on netflix and it's about chess, which i would imagine is a topic most lay persons would find more boring than pool
Are there more people that play chess than pool these days? Glad you mentioned that about Queen's Gambit. I'll make certain I don't watch it.

tomatoshooter

Are there more people that play chess than pool these days? Glad you mentioned that about Queen's Gambit. I'll make certain I don't watch it.
I haven't watched the Queen's Gambit so I don't know how the game is treated. I don't know that chess is easier to understand than pool, but I think the average person is aware that strategy is very important. I don't think the average person understands how difficult pool is, or what makes it so difficult.

I think most good movies, especially dramas, are built on character growth. The particular activity may draw your interest, but once you're watching, it isn't that important.