The Hustlers Week 3: Episode 5 Thread

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just read most of this thread and thank everyone for their contribution, it was very entertaining. My observation is....

....a few of you need a "Snickers"! You know how you get when you're hungry.

I am rooting for the show an appreciate Smiley's and Mikey's willingness to fill us in, even if they do not agree.

Dave

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Have they given a hint as to when you might find out when it would be renewed? I realize that might be a different time frame than the public is informed, just curious. I think we're halfway through the first season, so they should have a pretty decent idea of what they want to do.

Very soon we shall know what's going on. We all have to be patient and there is no guarantee we would know first.

I just read most of this thread and thank everyone for their contribution, it was very entertaining. My observation is....

I am rooting for the show an appreciate Smiley's and Mikey's willingness to fill us in, even if they do not agree.

Dave

Lmao need a Snickers is so appropriate. It's okay to disagree, no beef no malice...I have no vendettas...I just want better for myself and everyone else.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Dave

I have soooooooooooooo seen this all before-same characters-same class (low)

Every NY female player of the past 25 years who gets any publicity- from Jenn to Borana and beyond has had to run the gauntlet for YEARS before it calms down.

Last edited:

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both Smiley and Mikey seem like perfectly nice people. It's the rest of this forum that's got a bee in its bonnet if you ask me.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We don't have a decision on that this early in the game...maybe it's late in the game. Everybody still hoping for the best...never know how this will turn out, new for all of us

I have faith and fingers crossed! Season 2 is in sight.
The power of positive thinking!

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
really????

No but what you do get should be properly edited ,, I don't think anyone is guesing it's not hard to figure out what's real or not real ,, for instance we know nobody playing with 2k of thier own rent money is not randomly firing hit n hope shots

kinda like the color of money which was a multimillion dollar major production had such PERFECT editing on the pool playing scenes??? Come on. It's tv...reality or not, it's tv.. "Don't harsh my gig so hard core crusty".

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Most states don't consider it gambling...

Is it legal to give people money to gamble with? I'm not lawyer but it sounds fishy. Most people don't have this problem. Mikey I wanna see your real game, how do you shoot?

In most states, betting on yourself in a game of skill is not considered gambling and is not illegal...

Jaden

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In most states, betting on yourself in a game of skill is not considered gambling and is not illegal...

Jaden

I think someone called it the "Chuckie Cheese Law" or something. There were issues with the "gambling" machines they had there that gave out tokens/cash and they had to argue that the games took skill to hit the right numbers or time the slot spinning so you can hit it, or something. That made games that you have a skilled control over not "gambling" and therefore not illegal like craps or cards since you have no way to control what the dice or cards will do next. Since you control how you play the game of pool with your skill, putting a wager on it is not "gambling". If your buddy bets a 50 on you to win, that's gambling.

Last edited:

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Hey :) Smiley,

Regardless if Mikey pee'd his pants a little on TV or dumped it for 10th place it sure has made things more interesting. I hope they unfold you as a Villain in future shows. I want to see you go all Dominican on their asses and start pulling moves.

FYI: You and Mikey are my two favs on the show!!

Last edited:

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Hey :) Smiley,

Regardless if Mikey pee'd his pants a little on TV or dumped it for 10th place it sure has made things more interesting. I hope they unfold you as a Villain in future shows. I want to see you go all Dominican on their asses and start pulling moves.

FYI: You and Mikey are my two favs on the show!!
You're the man Big Fusina
thanks! hey, did you get those viewing stats from the producers last night?

They are on the stall

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Steinway starting to see a lot of new faces that just want to come in and see the place because it is on TV?

Last edited:

skateboardkid

Registered
Amy

Those who do not see Amy's character as a huge boost to the show's viewable audience are blind. She does a lot of "Heavy Lifting" on the show as state to me from one of the head producers.

Hate her? Awesome!

Love her? Awesome!

She gives you some kind of reaction - a visceral one at that. Not a lot of people are going to watch the show and soon forget that fireball.

I'll tell you, though - she has a huge following. She gets so many messages on a daily basis it's insane.

Keep watching the show everyone! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

#trutvhustlers

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Those who do not see Amy's character as a huge boost to the show's viewable audience are blind. She does a lot of "Heavy Lifting" on the show as state to me from one of the head producers.

Hate her? Awesome!

Love her? Awesome!

She gives you some kind of reaction - a visceral one at that. Not a lot of people are going to watch the show and soon forget that fireball.

I'll tell you, though - she has a huge following. She gets so many messages on a daily basis it's insane.

#trutvhustlers
You're a little biased, aren't you, Ross?

pj <- not that there's anything wrong with that...
chgo

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hate her? Awesome!

Love her? Awesome!

#trutvhustlers
Hey Ross, when are you coming up and playing in the turning stone?

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're a little biased, aren't you, Ross?

pj <- not that there's anything wrong with that...
chgo

He probably is biased. But he's right.

This show won't make it on pool alone (not a knock. Just a fact.) In fact, pool is what WE want to see, but the rest of the world wants to see PEOPLE. Doesn't matter what they do. Hell. I'd bet the overwhelming majority of us don't buy storage lockers, make cakes, tow cars, or go gold mining in Alaska for a living. What makes these shows interesting is the people. The characters.

People tune in to see the ones they love. But just as many (if not more) tune in to see the ones they hate. Love her or hate her, it doesn't matter. Amy (and Finnegan) are the two most entertaining people on the show. Pool may keep AZers coming back. But Amy and Finnegan are what will keep the rest of the tv viewing world coming back.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
...pool is what WE want to see, but the rest of the world wants to see PEOPLE. Doesn't matter what they do. Hell. I'd bet the overwhelming majority of us don't buy storage lockers, make cakes, tow cars, or go gold mining in Alaska for a living. What makes these shows interesting is the people. The characters.
Actually, I think it's more the conflicts than the characters.

pj <- humans are such easy marks
chgo

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Steinway starting to see a lot of new faces that just want to come in and see the place because it is on TV?

I was there last week and Manny (the owner) pointed out a random couple who came out to play because they saw Steinway on TV.

That one couple alone drank two pitchers of beer and two pints while banging around balls, so I guess business is getting a little bump.

Last edited: