The Legendary Pearl to Take On 14.1 Attempts

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will never understand why people get wrapped up in expecting or rooting for this guy to have some kind of personality transplant. He is who he is. He’s a formerly great player with serious mental issues that hamper his performance, and who can occasionally play above his speed (as can everyone). He is not going to run 300 balls.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will never understand why people get wrapped up in expecting or rooting for this guy to have some kind of personality transplant. He is who he is. He’s a formerly great player with serious mental issues that hamper his performance, and who can occasionally play above his speed (as can everyone). He is not going to run 300 balls.
What price you laying on that prop?

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
High run up to this point is in this event is 104 I believe, a far cry from what I was hoping for... Time waits for no man.....

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I quit watching, every time he gets over 100 he blows shape or a shot. Hope he does better but I am bored to death watching it...

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Serious mental issues because he's ultra competitive and blows up now and again. Have you ever watched MLB, NFL, NBA or NHL? If that is mental but I can play world class pool or baseball, sign me the fuk up ;)

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Serious mental issues because he's ultra competitive and blows up now and again. Have you ever watched MLB, NFL, NBA or NHL? If that is mental but I can play world class pool or baseball, sign me the fuk up ;)
Exactly Earl isn’t a 🥛 drinker. 💪💪

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
11th rack. CB stuck to the rack. No shot. Run ends. Earl complained that the balls weren't changed out before that rack, and hence the CB stuck to the rack. The balls were sticky. Then Earl turned his attention to the pockets; he said the pockets have too much plastic instead of rubber, but if the balls had been changed out, he would still be shooting. Skid this, skid that.

11th rack break shot:

earl1.jpg

The result:

earl2.jpg

Earl called the 3-ball:

earl3.jpg

The 3-ball didn't move:

earl4.jpg

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The only player who shoots perhaps as straight as him at nearly the same age is Bustamante
Actually, BCA Hall of Famer Joe Balsis, aged 59 at the time, finished 2nd to Mike Sigel at the 1980 World 14.1 Championships in 1980. In 1979, at the age of 58, I believe Joe ran 138 and out in one of his matches and finished third. Irving Crane was still one of the top few straight poolers in the world until he was 69, after which he declined quickly.

Earl's not the first elderly straight shooter.

Last edited:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Ruslan got his high run on the first attempt, and I think we got hooked on that initial excitement

I have hope for Earl to go big before it's over
Ruslan's patterns were also phenomenal - a real shame he called it early. His patterns have been the best so far IMO. I hope he comes back - if that's his usual way of playing he's due for some kind of monster number I'd think.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
back to mosconi quickly. he was a jerk. a jerk anytime things werent going the way he expected or wanted them to be.
i know from experience with him.
but was a gentleman business man when things were his way.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
11th rack. CB stuck to the rack. No shot. Run ends. Earl complained that the balls weren't changed out before that rack, and hence the CB stuck to the rack. The balls were sticky. Then Earl turned his attention to the pockets, and he said the pockets have too much plastic instead of rubber, but if the balls had been changed out, he would still be shooting. Skid this, skid that.

11th rack break shot:

View attachment 621836

The result:

View attachment 621837

Earl called the 3-ball:

View attachment 621838

The 3-ball didn't move:

View attachment 621839
To confirm, the break shot at the start of the 12th rack is when he got stuck. 14x11 = 154 + 1 = 155. Pretty darn impressive for anyone, especially 60+ years old!