**********the official happy 50th birthday to terry ardeno***********

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Happy birthday sir! Hope your back gets into shape, and sorry for this picture, but its the first thing that came up when I did a goodle search for happy birthday 50, LOL

239790188_268878.gif

Derek and everybody else,

Thank you all very much for the nice thread and best wishes! So appreciated!
I talked to Hu (Shooting Arts) on the phone yesterday on my way back from blood tests at the hospital for pre-surgery and he said there was a thread started by D-D. I asked him to convey my heartfelt thanks to my friends here at AZB.

Dereck, that was a horrific photo that still has me laughing! Great one bud!

I told Hu yesterday that I would not be able to post until a couple months after the surgery. It's kind of hard to sit for any length of time in a chair, and instead of quick peeks everyday, I was going to go back several months to catch up on all the threads. But I don't want anybody to think I don't appreciate the kind words and funny posts here! Really very cool of all of you.

I don't care if it sounds mushy or not, I really do feel so close to so many of you. I count you as dear friends. Thanks a million!!

The much balleyhooed back surgery is set for April 8. I'll be in there for 4-5 days and then in a brace for around 5 months or so. I'll call Hu, JoeyA or Jay after I can talk without sounding delerious and let everybody know I'm still alive. :)eek:) :)

I posted this in the surgery thread.......I want to repeat my thanks to Hu and everyone else in that thread. I wish I could repay everybody for the love and kindness shown me. Again, a million "thank you" 's!!!

I can't express enough thanks! - 03-21-2009, 11:57 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to try to make this short for now, but early one morning last week, Jay Helfert called my cell phone and left such a nice message. I returned his call a little later and found out that my dear pal Hu (Shooting Arts) started a thread about my scheduled back surgery. Jay said it was filled with so many nice thoughts from my friends at AZB. We talked a while and I said I would try to get onto AZB to show my gratitude. But it's awefully hard to get downstairs in the basement and sit in that little chair for any length of time.

Turns out that I ended up with one of them "Rhino Virus's". That's not the correct medical term, it's what I called what got me, cause I'm sure it would put a Rhino down. The surgery that was scheduled for March 20 is now scheduled for April 8, depending on how my lungs clear up. The surgery is scheduled to last approx 4 hours and the Doc is going to remove a section of my backbone and replace it with a cadavearer (spelling?) bone. Jay suggested I inquire of the Doc if a piece of Mosconi's can be implanted into my back, so people could say later that he has the backbone of a Mosconi.

I have a fractured back that healed funny, fractured again and healed even worse. The bone has grown into the soft tissue in my lower back, causing rents and herniated disc. Very bad muscle spasms are a real pain just above my gluteous maximus. I been on and off work since Nov 2007 when it first happened. Trying to work was stupid, as it only made it worse. Doc will screw my new bone to my back with some rods and screws and then he'll take some of my hip bone for some other work he's going to be doing down there. Afterwards, he'll fuse the lower three discs into one. I'll be in a back brace for at least 5 months and no sitting beyond 10 minutes at a time for only a few times per day is allowed the first month or so. There's more but it's too complicated and you all get the general gist. Will most likely never be cleared for work again.

I will call Hu, Jay or JoeyA after my surgery to say hello. When I can post again, I have a super funny story to share with all of you about something that happened to me. JoeyA knows the story, but I'd appreciate it if he lets me spell it out in more detail here when I can post.

I'm sorry it took so long for me to acknowledge these wonderful sentiments from some of the dearest people in this world. Everybody who responded, your kind words and thoughts and prayers mean so much to me. I'm not afraid of this surgery at all, but my family is. Your words lifted my wife up so much, and for that, I can't thank you all enough. A very special thank you to Hu, cause he's just a real, true friend. He is so fun to talk with, he knows almost as much as a neurosurgeon (and some things they DON'T know) and he always makes me laugh out loud with great stories. He's one of my closest friends and I'm mighty grateful for his kindness.

I'm real sentimental when somebody shows me love or kindness. It's something I always craved and never had until I became a Christian and my kids were born. I'll wonder if I wrote kind enough words expressing my thanks to all of you for you expressing the love that you did. I hope you all know my heart is very glad because of all of you.

I'll miss you all a lot, but I'll be back ASAP in a couple months.

Thanks again everybody. It's really, really appreciated!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Derek and everybody else,

Thank you all very much for the nice thread and best wishes! So appreciated!
I talked to Hu (Shooting Arts) on the phone yesterday on my way back from blood tests at the hospital for pre-surgery and he said there was a thread started by D-D. I asked him to convey my heartfelt thanks to my friends here at AZB.

Dereck, that was a horrific photo that still has me laughing! Great one bud!

I told Hu yesterday that I would not be able to post until a couple months after the surgery. It's kind of hard to sit for any length of time in a chair, and instead of quick peeks everyday, I was going to go back several months to catch up on all the threads. But I don't want anybody to think I don't appreciate the kind words and funny posts here! Really very cool of all of you.

I don't care if it sounds mushy or not, I really do feel so close to so many of you. I count you as dear friends. Thanks a million!!

The much balleyhooed back surgery is set for April 8. I'll be in there for 4-5 days and then in a brace for around 5 months or so. I'll call Hu, JoeyA or Jay after I can talk without sounding delerious and let everybody know I'm still alive. :)eek:) :)

I posted this in the surgery thread.......I want to repeat my thanks to Hu and everyone else in that thread. I wish I could repay everybody for the love and kindness shown me. Again, a million "thank you" 's!!!

I can't express enough thanks! - 03-21-2009, 11:57 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to try to make this short for now, but early one morning last week, Jay Helfert called my cell phone and left such a nice message. I returned his call a little later and found out that my dear pal Hu (Shooting Arts) started a thread about my scheduled back surgery. Jay said it was filled with so many nice thoughts from my friends at AZB. We talked a while and I said I would try to get onto AZB to show my gratitude. But it's awefully hard to get downstairs in the basement and sit in that little chair for any length of time.

Turns out that I ended up with one of them "Rhino Virus's". That's not the correct medical term, it's what I called what got me, cause I'm sure it would put a Rhino down. The surgery that was scheduled for March 20 is now scheduled for April 8, depending on how my lungs clear up. The surgery is scheduled to last approx 4 hours and the Doc is going to remove a section of my backbone and replace it with a cadavearer (spelling?) bone. Jay suggested I inquire of the Doc if a piece of Mosconi's can be implanted into my back, so people could say later that he has the backbone of a Mosconi.

I have a fractured back that healed funny, fractured again and healed even worse. The bone has grown into the soft tissue in my lower back, causing rents and herniated disc. Very bad muscle spasms are a real pain just above my gluteous maximus. I been on and off work since Nov 2007 when it first happened. Trying to work was stupid, as it only made it worse. Doc will screw my new bone to my back with some rods and screws and then he'll take some of my hip bone for some other work he's going to be doing down there. Afterwards, he'll fuse the lower three discs into one. I'll be in a back brace for at least 5 months and no sitting beyond 10 minutes at a time for only a few times per day is allowed the first month or so. There's more but it's too complicated and you all get the general gist. Will most likely never be cleared for work again.

I will call Hu, Jay or JoeyA after my surgery to say hello. When I can post again, I have a super funny story to share with all of you about something that happened to me. JoeyA knows the story, but I'd appreciate it if he lets me spell it out in more detail here when I can post.

I'm sorry it took so long for me to acknowledge these wonderful sentiments from some of the dearest people in this world. Everybody who responded, your kind words and thoughts and prayers mean so much to me. I'm not afraid of this surgery at all, but my family is. Your words lifted my wife up so much, and for that, I can't thank you all enough. A very special thank you to Hu, cause he's just a real, true friend. He is so fun to talk with, he knows almost as much as a neurosurgeon (and some things they DON'T know) and he always makes me laugh out loud with great stories. He's one of my closest friends and I'm mighty grateful for his kindness.

I'm real sentimental when somebody shows me love or kindness. It's something I always craved and never had until I became a Christian and my kids were born. I'll wonder if I wrote kind enough words expressing my thanks to all of you for you expressing the love that you did. I hope you all know my heart is very glad because of all of you.

I'll miss you all a lot, but I'll be back ASAP in a couple months.

Thanks again everybody. It's really, really appreciated!

Terry you'll be fine back operations suck but youll be fine, I had 3 back operations in the past 3 years, I still need one more, I have no discs my all dissapeared, i hope you recover fast

best

eric

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
How'd Terry fare?

Sorry if I missed it if posted elsewhere, but was wondering how Terry's surgery went.

Anyone have the latest on "AZ's nicest sonnofapostingunwithabrokeback"? ;)

Hope alls on the mend!!!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I posted a new thread that is floating around somewhere

Sorry if I missed it if posted elsewhere, but was wondering how Terry's surgery went.

Anyone have the latest on "AZ's nicest sonnofapostingunwithabrokeback"? ;)

Hope alls on the mend!!!

I talked to Terry Friday. He is feeling no pain with morphine and Vicodin alternating every two hours. The surgery seems to have went well and so far recovery is uneventful, or that was true Friday. He is up and walking around some with assistance. Everything seems to be going fine following a major back surgery.

Hu

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Terry's Thoughts after surgery

Terry and I spoke today and he is in EXCELLENT spirits. Terry is in great spirits no matter what the situation is in his life. For those of you who have had the opportunity to talk to Terry, you know he is a very upbeat guy. That's just another reason that people like Terry; he's so positive about everything.

Terry is home from the hospital and he wanted me to tell you that he is thinking about all of you and he is missing getting on AZ Billiards Main Forum. He is unable to sit at this time so getting on AZ is not in the cards at this time, although I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he somehow manages to peer onto a monitor sitting on a desk somewhere in his house while he stands.

Terry can stand and lay down but sitting is a no-no. He will be going back to the hospital in a week and half for a check up on the surgery that was done to his back. There were lots of things that were repaired in his surgery and I hesitate to relay all of them to you as there were many. I'll save that for Terry to talk about when he returns to the fold. :D

I am so impressed with this guy every time I talk to him. He is just an inspiration to any man wanting to learn how to act like a man and I'm not talking about his prowess as a tough guy, which I can assure you he still is. Right now, he is recovering but incredible enough he has only been out of the hospital for a few days with MAJOR back surgery and he is already off the pain killers. I'm talking about his manliness in the most important way and that is how he lives his life and how he treats his fellow human beings. Terry doesn't brag about himself but he has more on the ball than most of us will ever dream of and I'm glad Terry will be around for many more years to come.

He misses all of you and will come back to the fold as he recovers. He will be in a back brace for at least a few months and I don't know when he will be able to sit in front of a computer but he also wanted to thank all of you for your good thoughts, wishes and prayers. Your caring means a great deal to him.

Best Regards,
JoeyA

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry and I spoke today and he is in EXCELLENT spirits. Terry is in great spirits no matter what the situation is in his life. For those of you who have had the opportunity to talk to Terry, you know he is a very upbeat guy. That's just another reason that people like Terry; he's so positive about everything.

Terry is home from the hospital and he wanted me to tell you that he is thinking about all of you and he is missing getting on AZ Billiards Main Forum. He is unable to sit at this time so getting on AZ is not in the cards at this time, although I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he somehow manages to peer onto a monitor sitting on a desk somewhere in his house while he stands.

Terry can stand and lay down but sitting is a no-no. He will be going back to the hospital in a week and half for a check up on the surgery that was done to his back. There were lots of things that were repaired in his surgery and I hesitate to relay all of them to you as there were many. I'll save that for Terry to talk about when he returns to the fold. :D

I am so impressed with this guy every time I talk to him. He is just an inspiration to any man wanting to learn how to act like a man and I'm not talking about his prowess as a tough guy, which I can assure you he still is. Right now, he is recovering but incredible enough he has only been out of the hospital for a few days with MAJOR back surgery and he is already off the pain killers. I'm talking about his manliness in the most important way and that is how he lives his life and how he treats his fellow human beings. Terry doesn't brag about himself but he has more on the ball than most of us will ever dream of and I'm glad Terry will be around for many more years to come.

He misses all of you and will come back to the fold as he recovers. He will be in a back brace for at least a few months and I don't know when he will be able to sit in front of a computer but he also wanted to thank all of you for your good thoughts, wishes and prayers. Your caring means a great deal to him.

Best Regards,
JoeyA
I miss him. I tried to call him about 3 weeks ago or so and left a message. I will wait until he recovers to call him again. If you talk to him let him know I said hi and I am thinking of him.

BVal

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I miss him. I tried to call him about 3 weeks ago or so and left a message. I will wait until he recovers to call him again. If you talk to him let him know I said hi and I am thinking of him.

BVal

Will do!
JoeyA