The story behind Lying Ryan Mccreesh

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never, ever, ever, ever, lend money to a pool player. We've probably all done it at some point, and probably 95% of us have been burned. I know I have. You learn, and move on. If you feel bad for a pool player, gift them some cash, or stake in a few sets. But never lend cash.

This pretty much goes for lending money to anyone, but especially someone without a "square" job.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Besides always figuring that any money lent to "friends" was lost money; after learning the hard way a few times early on in life; I have now come to realize in this internet age not to expect any thank you from my contributions to " Go fund me" when I have contributed money to supposed " down and out " folks.
I don't really expect anything from my contributions to go fund me sites except my own satisfaction of helping out; yet I find it eye opening, to say the least. that recovered recipients of go fund me money do not at least send a thank you to those that contributed to their recovery.

It does not take much for someone, once recovered, to even just send out a blast e mail to all those that contributed to their welfare and say "Thank you, I am OK now"

There is a well known pool player that I contributed to his " recovery"- the request was made on this site - never received the slightest acknowledgement - and now I see him actively cashing in tournaments all over this state. Recovered enough to win tournaments, but not recovered enough to say Thanks:unsure:

Too bad sometimes - just keep looking at the bright side of human nature - otherwise the world will beat you down!

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’ve known Ryan for over 20 years and played in many weekly tournaments with him. Last May he posted on Facebook hoping someone would help him out since he was in a tough situation. He was going to sell his cues for $800 to raise the money he needed. The more we texted it was agreed upon I would loan him $900 and he wouldn’t need to sell his cues.
I sent him $900 on May 22,2021 with the understanding that he would repay me by the end of June 2021. June 24th , 2021 he messaged me ask if it was ok if he paid me when his unemployment checks comes in before July 3rd which I said was fine. July 6th I messaged him since I hadn’t heard from him and his excuse was his unemployment check hasn’t come and he was going to call to find out why.
Fast forward August 20th 2021, news from the state is I should get paid this week so don’t think I forgot. November 1, I’m in a lost world right now and I’m still fighting for unemployment. One lie after another.
December 30 I messaged him , I guess I was foolish loaning money to a pool player. His responds if I was not gonna I would avoid you and I’m not so trust me ,
April 23 , 2021 Lying Ryan plays at the super billiards expo singles and came in the money ($800). Not soon after Lying Ryan blocked me on Facebook.
July 21, 2021 someone gave me his phone number and I messaged him. He ask who was messaging him and I told him it was me. I wanted to know why he blocked me on Facebook. At first he lied and said he didn’t block me , but then came up with an excuse about thinking I was hacked. Lying Ryan has now blocked me from messaging him again.
I just want the pool world to add Lying Ryan to that list of low life’s who doesn’t deserve any ones help ever again.
I haven't read any of the responses yet, but wanted to share my opinion. Ryan is a useless human being and I've never known him to not be a POS.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you lent a guy $900 you knew didn't have a job? What did you expect? Bad choices yield bad results.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you lent a guy $900 you knew didn't have a job? What did you expect? Bad choices yield bad results.
Especially when it seems the guy is, let's say, questionable in his behavior regularly.
Looks to me like he just tried to do a nice thing.
Nothing wrong with helping a guy out but, why this guy?

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve known Ryan for over 20 years and played in many weekly tournaments with him. Last May he posted on Facebook hoping someone would help him out since he was in a tough situation. He was going to sell his cues for $800 to raise the money he needed. The more we texted it was agreed upon I would loan him $900 and he wouldn’t need to sell his cues.
I sent him $900 on May 22,2021 with the understanding that he would repay me by the end of June 2021. June 24th , 2021 he messaged me ask if it was ok if he paid me when his unemployment checks comes in before July 3rd which I said was fine. July 6th I messaged him since I hadn’t heard from him and his excuse was his unemployment check hasn’t come and he was going to call to find out why.
Fast forward August 20th 2021, news from the state is I should get paid this week so don’t think I forgot. November 1, I’m in a lost world right now and I’m still fighting for unemployment. One lie after another.
December 30 I messaged him , I guess I was foolish loaning money to a pool player. His responds if I was not gonna I would avoid you and I’m not so trust me ,
April 23 , 2021 Lying Ryan plays at the super billiards expo singles and came in the money ($800). Not soon after Lying Ryan blocked me on Facebook.
July 21, 2021 someone gave me his phone number and I messaged him. He ask who was messaging him and I told him it was me. I wanted to know why he blocked me on Facebook. At first he lied and said he didn’t block me , but then came up with an excuse about thinking I was hacked. Lying Ryan has now blocked me from messaging him again.
I just want the pool world to add Lying Ryan to that list of low life’s who doesn’t deserve any ones help ever again.
Your very best move would be to file a small claims court case.

It sucks you lost money, but hopefully this will be the last time you put money on the street without anything to secure the loan.

Best of luck

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Rooster, it's obvious you're a quality guy and tried to do a good turn here.

Nonetheless, you seem to be a poor evaluator of credit risk. If a pool player with no job is on the brink of selling his cues, they are surely a very poor credit risk. Their relative insolvency is the reason they're not walking into a bank and requesting a loan, for they know that anybody who sees the state of their finances won't lend them a penny without collateral. What happened to you is regrettable and, of course, unfair but lending money without collateral is and will remain a dangerous proposition.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hindsight, yes. Should have took the cues and held them for him until he paid you back. That's the proper way to do business.. even with a friend. Now if it's family, then I probably wouldn't expect repayment anyway.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 9.37.45 AM.png

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ryan used to post on here. Maybe he'll chime in! :)

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't be too hard on yourself for trying to help a friend out. I have helped many out and once I give the money I don't expect it back. $900 is a lot of money but the lesson is worth much more.
Hope you eventually get it back.
Hey Jim let me hold a $100.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
A guy owed me $300 and I was worried he wouldn't repay me.
So I made an offer "give me $100 today and we can call it even"

I got the $100, and I think i minimized my losses that way.....

Might not be the worst idea. Offer a buyout, $500 provided it is in Rooster's hands within seven days, the agreement to be null and void after that time and the $900 still owed!

Reminds me, A pool player had loaned another player a thousand at a big event to be paid back when the player got home. Same as this deal, no tickee, no payee! Six months later they meet at another big event. The one owing the thousand asked if the other would take a $750 buy out. The other player figuring $750 in hand was better than a thousand in Timbuktu agreed to take $750. "Good, now I only owe you $750!" The player owing the money walked away with no intent of paying before the other could protest!

Hu