The story behind the Jackot cues

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah, the old word game.
Let's play dangling participle game next.

You can get a decent car for 10K.
Does that mean all cars below 10K aren't decent ?

Hey, some decent cue makers charge $200 for joint protectors .

Some decent cue makers charge $150 for a shaft. That is 25% less than what you mentioned.

Others cost quite a bit more. I was talking to Tascarella a couple years back to have him make me a shaft for one of my old Titlist conversion and he wanted something like $300, more or less, for a shaft with an ivory ferrule. I have no problem paying money for what I want, but I didn't buy it because he couldn't ship it to Hawaii with an ivory ferrule and I wanted ivory. If he could have shipped it, I'd have it now.

How much would you charge me to make that Murray Tucker I posted above?

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To make a correction to your post:

Dean offered them for $600, if you wanted a chance to win another one. If you didn't want the "chance" to win another one, they were $500.

Oh, I musta missed that part of his carnival barker bullshit. Thanks for clearing that up! :thumbup:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With a Tesla, you will always need a cord. That Bimmer already has one.

I'll worry about a car when one of my other cars falls apart (knock on wood...hope I'm not jinxing myself).

I'm not a car person. Not my thing. Drive point "a" to point "b" on a small island with small parking stalls, due to the millions of cars.

All I need is A/C.

No need for a fancy car here.

Nobody dresses up to go anywhere, either. We wear flip flops, shorts and t-shirts almost every day of the year. Go the fanciesf hotel restaurant anywhere on the island and you'll probably see SUPER CASUAL.

Last edited:

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Years back, when I was still making cue cases, Dean kept bugging me, trying to get a case..... At a discount of course.

He would tell me how he "was a dealer" and I was supposed to give him "dealer pricing".

After laughing at his repeated requests for a discount, I contacted a few other people who make stuff in the pool world. Yep, I wasnt the only one who had been given the "Im a dealer, I deserve a discount" bullshit.

See, ol Dean thinks people are either stupid enough to believe him, or stupid enough to give up their own profit thinking that he will somehow help build their reputation if he gives you a good review.

To this day I wonder if he figured out why I never made him a case.

I kinda doubt it.

Great points. Based upon what I have heard about your cases I would have just been happy you were making me one and wouldn't have haggled at all. I don't mind some level of negotiation if it is earnest and respectful. But Dean was not that.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To keep it fresh...

Dean said his friend Jack Potter was making a batch of "Jackpot" cues.

Jack used to operate/partner in a cue business called Libra. So he has a reputation as a cuemaker/cue company partner etc.

Dean charged $600 for these Jackpot cues.

Turns out Dean lied (admitted it himself). Jack didnt make them. He had Schmelke make them.

So without knowing for sure his exact cost, it has been said to be as low as $100 per cue, Dean profited upwards of 500 per cue.

Recap.

Dean said the cues were brand A for a commensurate price.

What Dean really sold people was brand B for a grossly inflate price.

Dean plays victim when caught.

Thank you sir, I appreciate it!

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
With a Tesla, you will always need a cord. That Bimmer already has one.
That BMW pictured is a Honda that somebody put BMW badges on, that was the joke. In Hawaii, Tesla would be a great choice. But give me a V8...or at least a turbo 6.

Sent from the future.

Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
That BMW pictured is a Honda that somebody put BMW badges on, that was the joke. In Hawaii, Tesla would be a great choice. But give me a V8...or at least a turbo 6.

Sent from the future.

No shit? Perhaps the reason I mentioned the Bimmer already has a cord?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No shit? Perhaps the reason I mentioned the Bimmer already has a cord?

Un5F2vt.gif

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Let me ask a simple question

Who is a Jackpot Cue Owner, who is unhappy with what you got for the price paid?

If you are a Jackpot Owner, why are you unhappy?

If you do not own a Jackpot, or have not personally seen, or played with a Jackpot Cue, IMHO you can not judge much on something you have not seen, or touched.

Answer should be intresting.. One owner is Hawaii has already said they like their purchase.

This thread is like the Main Event at Wrestle-mania, it keep going, going, and I am not sure there is winner, or looser.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Who is a Jackpot Cue Owner, who is unhappy with what you got for the price paid?

If you are a Jackpot Owner, why are you unhappy?

If you do not own a Jackpot, or have not personally seen, or played with a Jackpot Cue, IMHO you can not judge much on something you have not seen, or touched.

Answer should be intresting.. One owner is Hawaii has already said they like their purchase.

This thread is like the Main Event at Wrestle-mania, it keep going, going, and I am not sure there is winner, or looser.
Even Dean knew that has never been what this thread was about. He lied to the forum and got caught. People are either bothered by that or not. Liking a cue is subjective and influenced by many factors, not the least of which is how financially invested in it you are.

Sent from the future.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Do you personally own a Jackpot?

Even Dean knew that has never been what this thread was about. He lied to the forum and got caught. People are either bothered by that or not. Liking a cue is subjective and influenced by many factors, not the least of which is how financially invested in it you are.

Sent from the future.

Do you personal own a Jackpot? Now as you mentioned Deanoc, I will repete a previous statement I made about my personal dealings with Deanoc.

Both as Buyer from Deanoc, and Seller to Deanoc, wonderful experence.:thumbup:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Do you personal own a Jackpot? Now as you mentioned Deanoc, I will repete a previous statement I made about my personal dealings with Deanoc.

Both as Buyer from Deanoc, and Seller to Deanoc, wonderful experence.
I do not own a Jackpot cue and other than the odd rambling PMs he sends me out of the blue occasionally I have had no dealings with him. I will absolutely concede that he has many happy customers and is just an all around swell guy. He did however misrepresent a few recent batches of cues.

If he thought he could advertise them as Plane Jane cues, made by Schmelke who is highly regarded for their $150 Plane Janes for $600 he would have done so. He didn't and instead fabricated a false story.

I did not buy one...did I mention that? They are $200 cues with a $400 story attached. I've never even heard of Jack Potter. They are the equivalent of something with a fake celebrity autograph, and a celebrity that I've never heard of at that.

Sent from the future.

Last edited:

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Both as Buyer from Deanoc, and Seller to Deanoc, wonderful experence.:thumbup:

I own a Sly but did not post anything on those threads. I just said to myself , “Good thing I like mine. I won’t be able to sell it for a while.”

Remember, rob someone and you are charged with a crime against the State, not the victim. In this case, the crime was against the AZB community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I own a Sly but did not post anything on those threads. I just said to myself , “Good thing I like mine. I won’t be able to sell it for a while.”

Remember, rob someone and you are charged with a crime against the State, not the victim. In this case, the crime was against the AZB community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. It is very disappointng, to say the least.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not own a Jackpot cue and other than the odd rambling PMs he sends me out of the blue occasionally I have had no dealings with him. I will absolutely concede that he has many happy customers and is just an all around swell guy. He did however misrepresent a few recent batches of cues.

If he thought he could advertise them as Plane Jane cues, made by Schmelke who is highly regarded for their $150 Plane Janes for $600 he would have done so. He didn't and instead fabricated a false story.

I did not buy one...did I mention that? They are $200 cues with a $400 story attached. I've never even heard of Jack Potter. They are the equivalent of something with a fake celebrity autograph, and a celebrity that I've never heard of at that.

Sent from the future.
Ditto. Agree here. He should have been up front from the get-go. Still don't get people defending him here. You're gonna be judged by most recent action(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.