The suggestion of a CTE specific sub forum

JC

Coos Cues
If you're supposed to be the poster boy example of acting like an adult, I think I'll just stay where I am. You're about the furthest thing from it with all of the attacking wise guy tough guy posts. Btw, didn't you give your word just the other day that you were going to be out of the smack talking and attacking of CTE. Yeah.....right! I haven't sought you out, but here you are again going against your word. That's some real credibility you have going for yourself. :rolleyes:
I am not attacking CTE in the least, I am talking to you about your behavior. It seems you're going to show up loaded for bear with a "whataboutism" grudge no matter what. An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I am not attacking CTE in the least, I am talking to you about your behavior. It seems you're going to show up loaded for bear with a "whataboutism" grudge no matter what. An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.
Lets get something straight...you aren't my daddy or a moderator. You need to control your own actions and posts, not tell me what to do or not to do. I've said nothing to you or about you until your actions right now.

If you're going to talk to anyone about their behavior, how about doing it with the ones who have been negatively blasting CTE, users of CTE, Hal Houle, and Stan since he took over where Hal left off for 23 years and counting.

Stay out of my business and I'll stay out of yours. Deal?

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
Lets get something straight...you aren't my daddy or a moderator. You need to control your own actions and posts, not tell me what to do or not to do. I've said nothing to you or about you until your actions right now.

If you're going to talk to anyone about their behavior, how about doing it with the ones who have been negatively blasting CTE, users of CTE, Hal Houle, and Stan since he took over where Hal left off for 23 years and counting.

Stay out of my business and I'll stay out of yours. Deal?
Have a great rest of your weekend!

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
mike
whats the verdict?
separate sub forum only for cte users /want to learn it posters or not?
I am on board with the idea, but is this going to mean that every aiming system wants their own section.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
No other aiming system generates any animosity to speak of.

pj
chgo
The aiming system is just an aiming system. It doesn't have a heart, a soul, the 5 senses, nothing so it doesn't generate any animosity. Fact is there are very happy people throughout the country joyfully using the system and loving it. I listed a whole bunch of pro players and top amateur players in another thread today who teach and use CTE. Many more who love it than the small group here that hate it.

What generates the animosity is the same factor that started it 23 years ago and has never stopped. The HUMAN factor. You and about four other anti-CTE loyalists banding together. That's fact and just the way it is.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
So it must be your "enemies". We get it.

pj <- the NRA argument
chgo
There's very few of you in the "WE" and a whole hell of a lot of "US" in the "WE". What you "get" is NOTHING and never have for 23 years which is why you're still floundering around like a lost soul with the cutesy little one liners like above.

I couldn't be happier to see that you pissed your life away over CTE. ROTFLMAO

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
CTE could be discussed in peace and other aiming topics could too.

pj
chgo
Other aiming topics could not be discussed. In a CTE environment there is no tolerance for other aiming topics. An exclusive CTE sub-forum would have to be for CTE users only, where non-CTE players aren't permitted to post. And in the main aiming forum no CTE user would be permitted to cheerlead for or promote CTE. This all seems very unlikely to become reality.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Other aiming topics could not be discussed. In a CTE environment there is no tolerance for other aiming topics. An exclusive CTE sub-forum would have to be for CTE users only, where non-CTE players aren't permitted to post. And in the main aiming forum no CTE user would be permitted to cheerlead for or promote CTE. This all seems very unlikely to become reality.
mike could make it happen
mike
PLEASE ?
PRETTY PLEASE?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think a CTE forum is a good idea. Clearly there is a lot of material to discuss surrounding that particular subject and anyone willing to learn it would seek it out. All critique or debate could then take place on the main aiming forum and those wanting to discuss technical aspects of CTE or praise it and testify to its effectiveness unopposed, could go to the specific forum. It could be made as a by invitiation only forum moderated by a CTE guy, I think that would work the best. Frankly I don't see any problem with this, but then again the CTE people themselves have said they don't want to participate here anymore, and would rather be on facebook, so I guess maybe they're not that into the idea.

I really don't see any productive discussion regarding CTE taking place at the current time or in the future. Naturally the most enthusiastic users want to use this forum as a recruiting tool, others want to combat what they feel is false information. There really hasn't been any movement in the positions in all the time I've been on here. The conflict has degraded into a destructive cycle where nobody has any motivation to try to see the issue from the others perspective and any disagreement is attributed to perceived negative personality traits. It's a little bit entertaining to see kindergarten insults being used by men pushing 60 and 70, and even threats to fight from people who probably are not in any kind of health and should watch their blood pressures carefully, but it's mostly just sad. People have been killed and seriously hurt over petty online squabbles like this, so it's less harmless than one would think. The positions are so entrenched and polarized, that there really is no chance of anyone actually changing their position. Some people have just realized that the whole issue is just cirkling the drain and got out.

Lets face it, the whole CTE thing is just a source of drama and cheap entertainment right now on this forum. There is zero chance of anyone learning anything from whats going on. So if anyone actually WANTED to teach this system, a dedicated sub forum is the way to go, IMO. However, I think the hardcore crowd would miss their daily dose of drama after a while. Some people just love a good argument or even a petty squabble.
Respectfully, speak for yourself. The real drama comes primarily from two CTE supporters. I'd love for CTE to be objective. My problem is that when claims are looked into by video/logic they don't hold up to scrutiny and attempts at clarification are met with the childish drama that you talk about.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's for sane, truly interested pool players. The life long haters will be carded at the door and kicked out. If they get past the doorman and start pulling the same antics and stunts as done here or elsewhere for the last 23 years, they'll be booted out like a 60 yard field goal in a New York minute! Some already have been booted for 3 pointers and will never come back unless they have a way of doing it with a phony alias. They'll end up going through the goal post for more points.
What do you do with the genuinely interested players who conclude that it is BS? Do they then get kicked out?