tiger ultra x shafts?

macaframa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking of buying a partial to fit to my Stacy. I would like to here the good and bad opinions on the tiger ultra X shafts. Any comment would be greatly appreciated.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I bought a regular Tiger X for my Jacoby some time ago. I like it...better control than the standard shaft...but it might be the difference in tips as well? From Lepro to sniper?

But then I bought my Josey...and the Jacoby with Tiger stays mainly in the case. The Josey is great for me just the way it is.

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
macaframa said:
I was thinking of buying a partial to fit to my Stacy. I would like to here the good and bad opinions on the tiger ultra X shafts. Any comment would be greatly appreciated.

That's what I use :thumbup:

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CrownCityCorey said:
That's what I use :thumbup:

Make sure you look through Junksecrets pictures from this past weekend. There are some pics of you in there. One really good one of you and your
cue.
The guy took some really good pics!! :thumbup:

Nice playing BTW-- I watched a few of your matches on Sunday and you were really hitting them well.

CharlesUFarley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with a Kent Davis cue and a triangle tip. A couple of nights ago, a guy who has a tiger shaft and a Moori med. tip let me put that shaft on my cue. I liked it alot better than my shaft. I am going to start trying out some "aftermarket" shafts such as OB-1/OB-2, Tiger, Predator, etc....until I find the one I like best, and replace mine asap. This is not to say that Kent Davis doesn't make a good cue. He makes great cues.

junksecret

Certified Fish
Silver Member
frankncali said:
Make sure you look through Junksecrets pictures from this past weekend. There are some pics of you in there. One really good one of you and your
cue.
The guy took some really good pics!! :thumbup:

Nice playing BTW-- I watched a few of your matches on Sunday and you were really hitting them well.

Thanks Frank! Btw Corey, I prob'ly have 20 or so pics of you playin' so if you want them just send me an email and I'll mail them to you.

Joe

macaframa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would like to here some playability description hit, feel, etc.... I have tried ob-1 hated it and predator ok but did not like the feel.

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
macaframa said:
I ordered one of these shafts for the cheapie cue I play with here in Afghanistan. It has a moori tip on it and I like it just fine. Now go buy one!!!!!!

John

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CharlesUFarley said:
I play with a Kent Davis cue and a triangle tip. A couple of nights ago, a guy who has a tiger shaft and a Moori med. tip let me put that shaft on my cue. I liked it alot better than my shaft. I am going to start trying out some "aftermarket" shafts such as OB-1/OB-2, Tiger, Predator, etc....until I find the one I like best, and replace mine asap. This is not to say that Kent Davis doesn't make a good cue. He makes great cues.

but not great shafts?

i'm messing with you i don't think that's what you're trying to say.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
macaframa said:
Would like to here some playability description hit, feel, etc.... I have tried ob-1 hated it and predator ok but did not like the feel.

I have used the Tiger Ultra and I think it is a really good shaft that has more feel than a Predator I and II and less deflection than a standard maple shaft. I think it is the best after market shaft and the craftsmanship is top notch. One thing I really like is the ferrule material it shines up real nice and is not prone to chalk marks like some other material.

I have also played with the OB-1 and I thougt the Tiger shaft provided better control than the OB shaft. I have not tried the OB-2.

-don

Last edited:

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Thecoats said:
I have used the Tiger Ultra and I think it is a really good shaft that has more feel than a Predator I and II and less deflection than a standard maple shaft. I think it is the best after market shaft and the craftsmanship is top notch.
-don

Aww, gee-whiz :blush:

It's nice to be appreciated.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok it's time for me to express my opinion. In the last few years my game was tailing off considerably and I felt It was just a matter of father time telling me something.

I tried some of the other new type of shafts and can say most of them I liked. However when I put on the tiger shaft I felt an immediate surge in my game. I now have used the tiger shaft for about a year and have found an upgrade surge in my game that I can only attribute to the tiger shaft.

I'm doing things on the table that I thought were long gone. Recently I changed from the Lepro to the sniper and now feel that I have the complete package.

Prior to using the tiger shaft I was having trouble cashing in tournaments but in the last year I have won many and have cashed in about 90% of them.

In the last few months I have won many matches against top players and lost a few to some. Recently I lost hill hill matches to Mika, Ulrich, Eberly, Parica, and Harper.

I don't know anything about the Ultra tiger shaft but I'm going to try it soon.