TOI CJ Wiley

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I recently saw CJ's TOI video. I really think it was a phenomenal instructional DVD -- very well produced and loaded with information.

I love it when people produce new content and put out stuff that is different and fresh.

Great job, CJ.

ps611846

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes, to me, from my experience, if someone told me i had to play pool by aiming at a "contact point," i would move on to playing poker or golf.

I have never agreed with the conventional concept of "aiming," (in the game of pool) for me it's about aligning, connecting, and then creating the shot with the touch of inside.

The only aiming i do is aiming at the cue ball with my tip, however, this is in accordance with the process i outlined in the last sentence. The primary target is always the cue ball and you hit {that target} with the tip. 'the game is the teacher'

cj, you know i totally agree with you. You are the ''messenger''.

''the game is the teacher''
and this one is from me : ''the only journey is the journey within''

thank you cj wiley

ezmeyer

Registered
TOI dvd

I am also interested in ordering the TOI dvd, I have played for many years but my game has stagnated, I cannot seem to get any long term consistency, its frustrating, my stance and stroke are pretty consistent, but I have never really used an aiming system and feel that's what I need now, how do I go about ordering the dvd? Thanks

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
I thought I was asking legit questions since cj is pushing his way as the best way. His posts are a little difficult to decipher and I think 98% of this board do not actually know what he is talking about when he post. I also do not really care who uses his system, I am just asking questions out of curiosity. It is not my fault he chooses to run from a question, he does have the option to answer

So, you joined 4 days ago and wish to imply that you know what 98% of the board thinks?

I'm thinking you're a ghost...as in returned from the dead.

I'll be watching my crystal ball for you.

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
Yes, to me, from my experience, if someone told me I had to play pool by aiming at a "contact point," I would move on to playing poker or golf.

I have never agreed with the conventional concept of "aiming," (in the game of pool) for me it's about Aligning, Connecting, and then Creating the shot with the Touch of Inside.

The only aiming I do is aiming AT the cue ball with my tip, however, this is in accordance with the process I outlined in the last sentence. The primary target is always the cue ball and you hit {that target} with the tip. 'The Game is the Teacher'

What do you look at as the tip strikes the cue ball?

Ken

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
When this "clicks" I will start hitting the same part of the pocket consistently.

What do you look at as the tip strikes the cue ball?

Ken

When the tip hits the cue ball I have already shifted my focus to the object ball and continue to watch it to into the pocket, noting what specific part of the pocket in enters.

If it doesn't go into the center I adjust my TOI or my speed immediately....the shots are the same, so if I don't hit the center on one shot I must adjust slightly to re-calibrate correctly. When this "clicks" I will start hitting the same part of the pocket consistently. 'The Game is the Teacher'

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
When the tip hits the cue ball I have already shifted my focus to the object ball and continue to watch it to into the pocket, noting what specific part of the pocket in enters.

If it doesn't go into the center I adjust my TOI or my speed immediately....the shots are the same, so if I don't hit the center on one shot I must adjust slightly to re-calibrate correctly. When this "clicks" I will start hitting the same part of the pocket consistently. 'The Game is the Teacher'

Thank you CJ for the reply.

One more question

At what point do you shift your focus to the object ball?

Ken

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
getting your senses aligned and directed towards making the shot and FEELING the cue

Thank you CJ for the reply.

One more question

At what point do you shift your focus to the object ball?

Ken

When I draw the cue back on the last stoke, and hesitate slightly. This is the "transition"....and is the key to the "Touch" of inside....it's all about feeling with your eyes, and getting your senses aligned and directed towards making the shot and FEELING the cue ball.

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
When I draw the cue back on the last stoke, and hesitate slightly. This is the "transition"....and is the key to the "Touch" of inside....it's all about feeling with your eyes, and getting your senses aligned and directed towards making the shot and FEELING the cue ball.

Thanks again for the response, CJ!

Ken

blakerandy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ, have the DVD's started shipping yet?

I ordered about a week ago and am looking forward to learning.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
we will ship them tomorrow to you.

CJ, have the DVD's started shipping yet?

I ordered about a week ago and am looking forward to learning.

The first shipment sold out the first day and were shipped Friday and yesterday was completed....I just talked to the rep and the inserts came in today and will be added to the DVDs so we will ship them tomorrow to you.

Sorry about the delay and thanks for your patience. TOI will be there asap.

CJ

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cj I'm loving it also as I have said before. I have played with it since the first day you came out with it on AZ so about 3 weeks or so I guess. My game has gone up at least a ball if not two and I fear nothing now. I play a lot of 8 ball and when I can't figure out where I want to be on the next shot sometimes I just hit the ball in using inside and somehow end up where I should have seen all along. I do have one question that is puzzling me: say i have a ball on the long rail about a diamond from the pocket; I have the cue ball across the table about two diamonds up. How do I use inside if I want to move the cue ball to the other end of the table? Its that cross table shot and needing position up table that I can't figure out. thanks much
Ed

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
maybe one of them will spark an answer. 'The Game is the Teacher'

cj I'm loving it also as I have said before. I have played with it since the first day you came out with it on AZ so about 3 weeks or so I guess. My game has gone up at least a ball if not two and I fear nothing now. I play a lot of 8 ball and when I can't figure out where I want to be on the next shot sometimes I just hit the ball in using inside and somehow end up where I should have seen all along. I do have one question that is puzzling me: say i have a ball on the long rail about a diamond from the pocket; I have the cue ball across the table about two diamonds up. How do I use inside if I want to move the cue ball to the other end of the table? Its that cross table shot and needing position up table that I can't figure out. thanks much
Ed

Yes, you stumbled on something interesting about just hitting the shot with TOI and it "somehow" gets position. There's a belief that I have, and probably most champions that there's ALWAYS a shot and a way to run out (or play safe). So if this is true and there's nothing else to do, just use maximum English and hit it firm....it's amazing, but from my experience that's the shot I couldn't see. I know it doesn't make sense to a lot of people, but that's how perfect the game is....if you believe it is. ;)

I'm not fully understanding your example shot so I'll ask a couple of questions:

1) Can you use Maximum Inside and go around the table 3 rails?

2) Can you use low inside and draw to the rail across behind the cue ball and reverse spin it down-table?

3) Can you line up using TOI and then pivot your cue to the outside and spin it down table? There are shots that you need to spin and I show that system in the TOI Video...it requires a PIVOT, rather than a parallel shift with the cue.

I'm just making educated guesses on those, but maybe one of them will spark an answer. 'The Game is the Teacher'

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks CJ. I'll have to try to post the wei table but I think you know by your answers. #1 won't work but I'll have to try #2 and #3 and see if they work. Thanks again for your help. Ed

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
benefiting from this advanced way to "cheat" the pocket

Thanks CJ. I'll have to try to post the wei table but I think you know by your answers. #1 won't work but I'll have to try #2 and #3 and see if they work. Thanks again for your help. Ed

What no one will (or should) believe is you can do MORE, as far as cue ball flexibility after contact with TOI then you can with outside English. The reason for this is you can hit the object ball slightly fuller and get a fuller hit (which give you more contact/friction)....even on cut shots.

This doesn't make sense until YOU EXPERIENCE IT, and the "sign", that let's me know when someone hasn't used TOI for an extended amount of time or hasn't "pushed" what they can do with the technique.

I can set up shots that look impossible, according to the angle and make them with the TOI, and CAN NOT make them any other way. Many players are now using and benefiting from this advanced way to "cheat" the pocket. 'The Game is the Teacher'

madmiller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am no expert, but I walked into a bar tonight with no money, and walked out with a hundred. Playing TOI on every shot! it works...

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am no expert, but I walked into a bar tonight with no money, and walked out with a hundred. Playing TOI on every shot! it works...

I'm looking forward to using TOI on a bar box. I think it would be the stone cold............... :wink:

John

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

Hey.....remind me to never play you for money since you play when you can't pay up.:wink:

Remember I can use TOI too.

Regards & Best Wishes to You &

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TOI DVD is DOA

The first shipment sold out the first day and were shipped Friday and yesterday was completed...

Sorry about the delay and thanks for your patience. TOI will be there asap.

CJ

Welp... I received the DVD today but it does not play... ie DVD Player doesn't even recognize that a DVD is in the player. IT is DOA.... never once played. All other DVD's play as normal in the player/computer.

Anyone else having this issue?