Tournaments while wearing masks

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
yep because the danger is still as great in the u.s. as it was then. somewhat better as they can treat more with success.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
In Dog's last night for league and saw one mask.

Out of probably 150 Persons there enjoying life before they inevitably die sometime.

Jeff Livingston

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had my second vaccine shot so I would consider it
Only problem the mask fogs up my billiard glasses 😢
Waiting for my second dose, we have a mask rule for our rooms. I will try to play a few weeks after the second dose but the mask with glasses might make it impossible

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
If the glasses fog it’s because there’s not a proper seal around the nose bridge. So the leak is there on the inhale as well as the exhale.
In my time at the particle board plant I used a rubber frame with replaceable filters.(1970 technology) Working shoveling sawdust in 100 degrees + heat. It took a while to find the right mask but it was worth it. The paper mask with the metal strip to be bent to conform to the bridge of the nose was a less effective backup.
I see many people pulling the mask down over the chin. Hmmmm well if meeting the requirements is the only concern. Keeping it tight across the nose and loose at the bottom at least provides a spit shield. As long as it is loose at the bottom there’s no moist exhaust coming out under the glasses.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Dog's last night for league and saw one mask.

Out of probably 150 Persons there enjoying life before they inevitably die sometime.

Jeff Livingston
I gotta agree with ya. I drove to my local pool hall last night while making out with a skank hooker I picked up on some corner and swigging a fifth of JD. When I got there, me and the local drug dealer snorted some heroin, which I think was cut with fentanyl. Man, what a high! After vomiting under one of the tables, I took some Narcan and rallied to win $1.5k off a sucker. So sweet! And, once I got by the bouncer, I wore my mask around my neck. Ha! Good times! I'm gettin in stroke for ideologist's tourney!

Last edited:

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have an exact link for this? I wear pool glasses and I’m having a hard time with the fogging. Thanks.
I've come to believe that most, if not all, of the N95 masks being sold are fakes. By definition, any mask being sold on ebay is a fake. You'll have to resort to buying some KN95 masks.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've come to believe that most, if not all, of the N95 masks being sold are fakes. By definition, any mask being sold on ebay is a fake. You'll have to resort to buying some KN95 masks.
What definition are you going by?!?!

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I gotta agree with ya. I drove to my local pool hall last night while making out with a skank hooker I picked up on some corner and swigging a fifth of JD. When I got there, me and the local drug dealer snorted some heroin, which I think was cut with fentanyl. Man, what a high! After vomiting under one of the tables, I took some Narcan and rallied to win $1.5k off a sucker. So sweet! And, once I got by the bouncer, I wore my mask around my neck. Ha! Good times! I'm gettin in stroke for ideologist's tourney!

I was in there Tues night, too. More Persons than Mon night. Saw 2 masks.

There was the regular Tuesday tourney plus they announced a new Wednesday weekly tourney for this year.

Life must go on.

Jeff Livingston

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
You are all being played and you do not know it. Their is no virus, just non-stop bullshit. Now throw away your masks and refuse to go anywhere that requires you to wear one. There now, don't you feel better?
Ok genius.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
This virus first reared it's head sometime around Nov.2020...if you're not dead by now, most likely you're naturally immune.
You are entertaining. I'll give you that.
Think with your head, not with your emotional and irrational fear.

Only about 5% of those tested, test positive for the virus, making the remaining 95% negative. Of those 5% who test positive the vast majority are asymptomatic...many others are false positives...of the small percentage left who have contracted the virus most only experience a mild reaction which require no hospitalizations and are fully recovered in a few days. I'd say our natural immune system is more amazing than entertaining.

Of course, if you're 80 plus years old, are unhealthy, and already have multiple comorbidities, like obesity, diabetes, heart/pulmonary issues, you need to be much more careful than healthy people without those issues.

Personally, I find this to be a serious issue, glad you find it entertaining. If you become better informed, maybe you'll understand the issue better.

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's certainly a good thing there are no long term effects from covid. It's all purely a conspiracy theory that the whole world in in on and only the sheep follow. :(

As for mask wearing, of course I would wear one in the pool hall. I see no issues with it as long as the bridge is properly formed so my glasses don't fog up!

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's certainly a good thing there are no long term effects from covid. It's all purely a conspiracy theory that the whole world in in on and only the sheep follow. :(

As for mask wearing, of course I would wear one in the pool hall. I see no issues with it as long as the bridge is properly formed so my glasses don't fog up!
Ohhh. I bet you're one of those liberal elites who went to college and reads books....and BELIEVES IN SCIENCE. I bet you even believe the Earth is ROUND, you elitist pr**k. Think with your head not your emotional and irrational educationy stuff! Bill Gates is trying to implant chips into the whole population--that's what the vaccine is about. When Gates reprograms you, you will only win pool matches that Microsoft wants you to win. Live your life now before Bill Gates takes over the APA and determines the winners. The best way to do that is to insist on playing tournaments without a mask!

Last edited: