U. S. Open Upsets

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
If they both win their next matches, Earl will be playing Luat. I will take Luat in this match if anyone wants to make a friendly wager. This offer is good up to 9PM EST today, because I'm flying out later tonite to Norfolk.

Offer is based on both players winning their matches, and then meeting each other. No bet if they don't play obviously. But I think it will happen. Who likes Earl here?

I'll make a friendly wager that Luat doesn't win the tournament.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Blackjack said:
Is "Hobson" Croft the same person as "Butch" Croft from Jacksonville, Florida? If so, he has the ability to beat a lot of the top guns. I'm not surprised to see him beat Luc Salvas or anybody else. He's a great player!

David, one and the same...now you know why he goes by Butch ;)

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
If they both win their next matches, Earl will be playing Luat. I will take Luat in this match if anyone wants to make a friendly wager. This offer is good up to 9PM EST today, because I'm flying out later tonite to Norfolk.

Offer is based on both players winning their matches, and then meeting each other. No bet if they don't play obviously. But I think it will happen. Who likes Earl here?

I'll try $25 on Earl to your $35 on Luat :)

jnav447

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like Earl got beat. Earl and Diamond tables are not a match made in heaven, for some reason. He's the only pro I've ever heard excoriate the Diamonds. Yeah, they're tough, but that gives a big advantage to the better player. So far, in the matches I've seen, the player that has impressed me the most is Busty; he looks poised, good concentration and appears to be in dead stroke. He'll be a handful for anybody. Watch out for a big collision in a couple of rounds between J. Archer and R. Souquet in their bracket - that will be a great match.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
eaglesfan44 said:
Earl lost his second Match he is going to have to climb from the losers bracket now.

Looks like all bets are off since Earl will not be playing Luat. Saved by the bell!

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lucky

jay helfert said:
Looks like all bets are off since Earl will not be playing Luat. Saved by the bell!

Lucky for me, I believe Earl would have been dominated. I just wanted to give you some action.

I'll try Nevel over Putnam if you like, jay?

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shanesinnott said:
I'll try $25 on Earl to your $35 on Luat :)

This is sooo sad...

I've been reading comments like "Earl's the man!", "Earl's the best 9 ball
player!", "Earl will win another Open!" here at the board and you'll take Earl if
Jay agrees on your $25 to win $35? Say it isn't so Shane...

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
did anybody witness his matches? Did he play bad. or his opponint just played so good. Please lets know thanks!

Bayawak

Tirador
Silver Member
gopi-1 said:
This is sooo sad...

I've been reading comments like "Earl's the man!", "Earl's the best 9 ball
player!", "Earl will win another Open!" here at the board and you'll take Earl if
Jay agrees on your $25 to win $35? Say it isn't so Shane...

Gopi-1,

My sentiments exactly!! I really think that this is his last hurrah...

Oh well, there's always the senior tours for Earl...

bayawak aka tirador