Update on the Des Moines pool scene

Big_H515

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
4th? sounds like you need to practice more, and get your hands on some good instructional literature. I can take care of the books...they will be there tomorrow morning. The rest is up to you. :)

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Mikey almost double dipped Don in the tourney. He won the first set. Second set is hill-hill and Don wins the last game 8-6. They battled for like 3 hours minimum, it was around 9 when they finished.

Justin and I played forever and Paul and Mikey H. ended up in some straight pool games. Actually a fun night.

wormness

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 ball tourney - stix - windsor heights

Stix is starting a 10BALL tourney on for Every Saturday night -- STARTING JULY 17TH 2010

* Tourney @ 7pm ( must be signed up and paid for by start time )
* $10 Entry - STIX adds $2 per player
* NO GREEN FEES

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
Stix is starting a 10BALL tourney on for Every Saturday night -- STARTING JULY 17TH 2010

* Tourney @ 7pm ( must be signed up and paid for by start time )
* $10 Entry - STIX adds $2 per player
* NO GREEN FEES

Very cool.

T-dog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mikey almost double dipped Don in the tourney. He won the first set. Second set is hill-hill and Don wins the last game 8-6. They battled for like 3 hours minimum, it was around 9 when they finished.

Justin and I played forever and Paul and Mikey H. ended up in some straight pool games. Actually a fun night.

What time does the Sat One Pocket start?

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I drove past Smokey's 2 days ago and it had a FOR LEASE sign out front.:(

I know Donny wanted to sell it...did he? Anyone know?

Jeff Livingston

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
No action this week?

I couldnt tell you I haven't been to the pool hall in a week. Before that I played pretty much everyone at some point in the last month with an undefeated record. Sorry I did lose $20 to Troy S. when the Lakers won the championship.

Have fun ladies and gentleman I'm hitting the river at McGregor. Olathe and Omaha tourneys coming up as well so look out for those. I'll be going to both so if you think you might need a ride to one of the tourneys, holla at me. You gotta do your own hotel cause my girl and I can be loud!

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
What time does the Sat One Pocket start?

I'm not running the one hole. It starts at noon though. It might be a super slow weekend for that tourney. I advise you to get a "bar in a backpack" and have some fun with the long weekend. Please don't go off!

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday. When someone tells you that slalom skiing is easier than boarding they are lieing to you! Also you should double check to make sure your dog can swim before you throw them off a dock.

I wish I was sleeping!!!!

wormness

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope everyone had a good long weekend! I wish the weather would have been better but not having to be at work is always fun.

1 pocket this weekend?

Donnys been wanting out of that bar for sometime now. Hate to see another place go down :(

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
So I hear Pet played like 5 people in one day on Monday. Did anyone beat him? I saw him play a couple Friday nights ago and he looked very rusty like he hadn't been playing in a long while. Sounds like he shot lights out Monday though.

And..........I didn't get paid.

Big_H515

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know he talked about quiting about a week or so ago. Apparently he changed his mind.
He and I have had our differences in the past, and they weren't very pretty but I respect the guy. That being said, I would almost pay the debt for him and get with him personally to work out something just because.

How long has it been owed?

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Pet beat me out of 500, 1 ten ahead set. He played perfect. I think im going to try him again on Sunday.

Yeah Paul said he was watching from a far and it was Pet up a game or two for an hour, than you up a game or 2 for an hour, and it see sawed back and forth for 3 or 4 hours and then Pet got on a roll.

Same spot as usual or is the game different? 9-Ball or 10-Ball, Paul said he couldn't tell what y'all were playing.

I'll be around on Sunday since Olathe is out due to the beating I took on the river.

I know he talked about quiting about a week or so ago. Apparently he changed his mind.
He and I have had our differences in the past, and they weren't very pretty but I respect the guy. That being said, I would almost pay the debt for him and get with him personally to work out something just because.

How long has it been owed?

You're a nice guy. It's been about 15 months. I talked to him about it. He's supposed to be paying half off and then playing me for the other half which I am fine with doing. Me and him have had our differences too and I still have respect for him and the last time I saw him we played for a couple pesos and he took the loss like a gentleman. We're cool, not as cool as we were, but we are straight.

Big_H515

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't say I'm a nice guy. people will mock you for saying things like that. We both have reputations to uphold man lol :wink: