UPS Store in the Flamingo Casino

Spimp13

O8 Specialist
Silver Member
I am heading to Vegas next week and am going to ship my cues most likely this Wednesday. Has anyone shipped their cues to this store and had any problems or a positive experience doing so? I refuse to check my cues on the plane and am not going to ship them to the hotel since the insurance I am going to put on it will be void once it is in their hands.

Any comments or thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks
 
I have no experience with this but that sounds like a great idea. I am going to have to remember this one. A team that went to vegas for APA last year had 3 cues go missing. Very sad.
 
Thanks...staying at the Riviera, but this isn't too far away. Still debating between this and a Fedex location, but the cues would be in their office Tuesday night for us to pick them up on Wednesday.
 
I've shipped my cues straight to the Riv.

You have to call and tell them you want to do it, they will put you in touch with their business wing (is't the little office right next to the tourny room. lol.

I think they charge you like 10 bucks to have something dropped there. They sign for it and everything.

I ship my cues to any hotel i go to.

Craig
 
I've shipped my cues straight to the Riv.

You have to call and tell them you want to do it, they will put you in touch with their business wing (is't the little office right next to the tourny room. lol.

I think they charge you like 10 bucks to have something dropped there. They sign for it and everything.

I ship my cues to any hotel i go to.

Craig

Craig, thanks for the response. After they sign for it are they responsible or if they lose it are you SOL? From what I have heard which makes sense is that if you ship something to the hotel your insurance is void as soon as they sign for it.
 
I to am going to Vegas in May and staying at the Riviera also and I was thinking of possibly shipping my cues out also instead of putting them in my luggage. I heard so many horror stories. But in my past dealings with UPS I am alittle worried to even use them. I just got a Lomax jump cue I bought off a AZ' er and when I got it the tube was broken in half and just barely hanging together. Im interested to hear others input on this,<< ED
 
Craig, thanks for the response. After they sign for it are they responsible or if they lose it are you SOL? From what I have heard which makes sense is that if you ship something to the hotel your insurance is void as soon as they sign for it.

Matt

Yeah your carrier's insurance ends (and rightly so) once its signed for. I like your idea of shipping it to the UPS store in the casino, sounds to me like a great idea. I would assume you are planning on shipping it via UPS to the UPS store, and I would think you would stand a good chance of holding UPS responsible in the case of loss, have you checked to see what their policy is?

Kevin
 
Last edited:
Thanks Kevin. I am going to call them tomorrow. They are a 4 day point from Des Moines so if I ship it on Wednesday regular ground it will get there Tuesday and they will only have it for the one night since we arrive on Wednesday. I will let everyone know what they say. The cab ride there and back to the Riv (or even $12 for a 3 day bus pass according to my gf which I will have to check), it would be a no brainer. I will keep everyone posted...just didn't know if anyone had tried shipping to this UPS store in the casino.
 
whats the cost to ship your cues to vegas

I have UPS at work and just estimated on the weight and $ to use for declared value. It looks like about $100 for both my girlfriends and my cues for one way with insurance for regular grounds...a bit pricey but the cheapest I have seen so far.

Edit...from Des Moines UPS to Vegas regular ground that is for about $5K insurance.
 
Thanks Kevin. I am going to call them tomorrow. They are a 4 day point from Des Moines so if I ship it on Wednesday regular ground it will get there Tuesday and they will only have it for the one night since we arrive on Wednesday. I will let everyone know what they say. The cab ride there and back to the Riv (or even $12 for a 3 day bus pass according to my gf which I will have to check), it would be a no brainer. I will keep everyone posted...just didn't know if anyone had tried shipping to this UPS store in the casino.

If it were me (and its not) I ship NOTHING ground, not ground UPS, nor FedEx nor USPS. IMO, after 13 years of shipping valuables, the quality in handing by all carriers, air over ground, is ALWAYS worth the extra expense.

Kevin
 
One thing to remember. A UPS store is not UPS!

You need to talk to the store to see if they will accept insured packages and what limit they have. Many will not sign for a package if the insurance is above a certain level.

The nearest actual UPS depot is just south of the airport. They will of course keep it for you. You just have to tell them to hold it at the depot. You can also take a day off the shipping as the last day is usually going out on the truck.

Also, I believe the Riviera business center will sign for and be responsible for your cues. I ship insured there sometimes when I don't have time to go by the depot.
 
If it means anything, my friend has his cue supplies from Atlas shipped to the Riv every year and has not had a screw up as of yet.
 
Craig, thanks for the response. After they sign for it are they responsible or if they lose it are you SOL? From what I have heard which makes sense is that if you ship something to the hotel your insurance is void as soon as they sign for it.

It's legit, it's a locked area and once you get there you have to show your id to get the cue.

My bender is 5k, bag 1k, extras another 500, i have been to vegas several times and i always ship this way.

Craig
 
I pack a large duffel bag and put the cue/cue case in it. Been doing this for 13 years and never had an issue. I don't think I would check my case/cue as regular luggage.
 
If it were me (and its not) I ship NOTHING ground, not ground UPS, nor FedEx nor USPS. IMO, after 13 years of shipping valuables, the quality in handing by all carriers, air over ground, is ALWAYS worth the extra expense.

Kevin

Would you consider air 3 day select or are you referring to 2nd day or quicker? It gets pretty pricey bumping it up from ground, but I would agree the handling it probably better the quicker it is shipped.
 
I always ship them hold at FedEx. Works flawlessly.

When you say this do you mean you ship to the Fed Ex Hub for them to hold until you pick it up and they are responsible until this happens? If so which hub do you use since there are several around there?
 
Back
Top