US Open 9-ball updates thread..

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Any name will do. Even nicknames count like John Morra aka Mr Smooth :p
There’s got to be a better nickname for senor Morra. From what I remember he doesn’t like the name himself and it just doesn’t flow. Maybe if I knew him I could figure one out.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Whe
When Shane won the 2016 US Open, I said then, that there will never be another American player win it again, 5 years ago!!
There is probably more of them. Where would the new US players come from? Young people don't play the game in the US.

You are hard pressed to even find a pool room with 9 foot tables in most towns. Pool is just a pass time and of no real importance here. It's not a professional sport. Most players if they want to eat hold regular jobs. Even to the pro pool is a part time job.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Everybody watching does!

I cannot even imagine watching Bergman vs Fedor with a 1 minute shot clock.

7 safetys and 9 balls would be a 16 minute game GUARANTEED!

they would probably average 10 mins + per game.

UNWATCHABLE
And just how often to they match up in tournaments?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
There is probably more of them. Where would the new US players come from? Young people don't play the game in the US.

You are hard pressed to even find a pool room with 9 foot tables in most towns. Pool is just a pass time and of no real importance here. It's not a professional sport. Most players if they want to eat hold regular jobs. Even to the pro pool is a part time job.
You don't get out and around much do you.

bowiebill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am I the only person that actually heard Shane call extension? So many people are saying they didn’t hear it. I heard it.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a question

Why is the TV table a drop pocket table, but the outer tables have the ball return?

middleofnowhere

Registered
You don't get out and around much do you.
Most players play in bars. Young people are not taking up the game. When I was a kid I played in a pool room there must have 20 kids who played every day.

Most thought they would be road players. We used to travel to other pool rooms matching up with their players. It was a different time. Kids don't care about pool today. That is just a reality.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most players play in bars. Young people are not taking up the game. When I was a kid I played in a pool room there must have 20 kids who played every day.

Most thought they would be road players. We used to travel to other pool rooms matching up with their players. It was a different time. Kids don't care about pool today. That is just a reality.
Facts

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a question

Why is the TV table a drop pocket table, but the outer tables have the ball return?

maybe the mics would pick up the clonking around. or the drop pockets have a perceived visual value when they use over head camera.