US Open 9B October, 2022 -- Atlantic City

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
just put it on youtube ffs. i don't get why they insist on facebook
Good decision making is not Emily Frazer's strong suit. She does as much wrong as she does right and a lot of those wrongs are real humdingers there is simply no excuse for from anybody over age 8 or 60 IQ, and a lot of the rights are as much luck as anything where if you throw enough things at the wall a few of them will end up sticking. If it weren't for Matchroom's deep pockets they would just be another one of the clueless promoters where you would have a real hard time making an argument for them even being a net positive for the game with as much as they get wrong but those deep pockets tip the scales and make people want to overlook a lot of things.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not complaining but I'd think they would choose players who aren't slower than molasses to put on the live stream. Anybody tuning in to watch 9 ball for the first time didn't watch for long.

GentlemanJames

OH NO!!! While I was napping, Niels Feijen lost his match against Ko Ping Chung (8-9) and is out... I am crest-fallen.

Oh Well, nothing left to do now, but get out of my recliner and go down to the bar and pay my Bookie. - GJ

Last edited:

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, Tyler has taken lead over Filler 6-5 and he is breaking good
This could be another huge upset by Tyler
Are you watching it live, or just following the flow chart? If you're watching it live, could you post a link?

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quite a contrast between Styer taking 3-4 minutes to pull the trigger on an obvious 2-way shot at a thin cut/safety and Filler stepping up and almost making a kick combination to win the game with almost no deliberation.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
At this point, I'm almost rooting for Kaci to get a cake runout. At least then he'll only take 2 minutes per shot instead of 20.
When he makes it to the Late rounds, he'll be on the clock. Thank God :).
One of thee most annoying matches in my 73 yr lifetime was 5 yrs ago when Kaci was in the Open finals playing Shaw.
He ran the shot clock out (40s seconds) on Every shot, plus Back then, when your down on the shot and the clock ran out, you were still able to keep swinging, but NOT allowed to get ''back up''.
Shaw played LIGHTS out, the best pool I ever saw in ANY final.
I think Kaci got four, JS got 13. J
S played as good as anyone has EVER played, Earl included.

If you noticed, when he was on the last stream, the Head ref had enough, delegated others to rack :). LOL

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
q0VczZB.png

Seems pretty irregular/inadvisable for Styer to put the broken-down butt from his jump/break cue in a pocket while he shoots.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quite a contrast between Styer taking 3-4 minutes to pull the trigger on an obvious 2-way shot at a thin cut/safety and Filler stepping up and almost making a kick combination to win the game with almost no deliberation.

I had a similar thought early on in the match. Filler had an 8 ball maybe a diamond away from the corner. Cueball was tight on the opposite short rail.

He just gets down, takes 2 quick warm up strokes, and drills the 8.

It would have taken Kaci at least 4 minutes before shooting.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Getting back to this, we have a top 16 of:

Josh Filler - 838
Francisco Sanchez Ruiz - 828
Chang Jung Lin - 826
Eklent Kaci - 820
Carlo Biado - 819
Ko Ping Chung - 814
Lee Van Corteza - 814
Alex Kazakis - 812
Mario He - 805
Roland Garcia - 800
Max Lechner - 799
Konrad Juszczyszyn - 784
Chris Melling - 784
Marc Bijsterbosch - 774
Hsieh Chia Chen - 771
Jani Uski - 764

Mid-700s it is!

perhaps there was a selection effect going on looking at previous US Opens, checking for low-rated players in the top 16. If you make the top 16 of the US Open, your rating will almost certainly go up. It also suggests a player having a high potential and room for improvement in the future.

Last edited:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Josh Filler may seem like the obvious pick, but his chance of winning the event is still under 20% per simulations based on Fargo ratings. The next group of players (FSR, Chang, Kaci, Biado) have odds in the high single digits (7/1 to 10/1 range).

It's anyone's ballgame! Except maybe Jani Uski ;)

Last edited: