US Open draw and rules

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB's match is the only one not on the first day, besides Shuff's too? Odd scheduling.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
SVB's match is the only one not on the first day, besides Shuff's too? Odd scheduling.
It looks like SVB's day might be a misprint. He will be on the TV table (#1) and the time fits OK after the previous match. It will put it fairly late at night in Europe -- starting at 11PM.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Oooh. This is getting exciting. You can almost taste it. Let the games begin.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like SVB's day might be a misprint. He will be on the TV table (#1) and the time fits OK after the previous match. It will put it fairly late at night in Europe -- starting at 11PM.

Yes, they must have changed it because it says Sunday when I look at it.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
As of now I plan to go for the final three days and give a play by play on those matches. I'll keep you posted.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like this the seeding by Matchroom here like their other events- Seeding is the way to go and what most sports practise
No surprises of top players playing each other very early in 1st round and most matches are top players playing “dead money “ :)
Which means Day 1 is like a rehearsal practice day to the top players and nothing to watch so folks can still enjoy their Easter Sunday
I also like ref rack from final 16 and 9 on spot

BREAK RULES
- Players must use a forceful break.
- A racking template will be used by the section referee during the Double elimination stage of the tournament.
- Balls will be hand racked by the referee from the last 16 stage.
- Balls will be racked with the 9-ball on the spot during all stages of the tournament.
- Players can break from anywhere behind the head string.

40-SECOND SHOT CLOCK
- A 40-second shotclock will be in operation throughout the US Open 9-ball Championship.
- Each player will have x1 40-second extension per rack.

DRAW AND SEEDING
- A seeded draw will be conducted by Matchroom Multi Sport later this month and streamed on Facebook.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like this the seeding by Matchroom here like their other events- Seeding is the way to go and what most sports practise
No surprises of top players playing each other very early in 1st round and most matches are top players playing “dead money “ :)
Which means Day 1 is like a rehearsal practice day to the top players and nothing to watch so folks can still enjoy their Easter Sunday

BREAK RULES
- A racking template will be used by the section referee during the Double elimination stage of the tournament.
- Balls will be racked with the 9-ball on the spot during all stages of the tournament.

40-SECOND SHOT CLOCK
- A 40-second shotclock will be in operation throughout the US Open 9-ball Championship.

DRAW AND SEEDING
- A seeded draw will be conducted by Matchroom Multi Sport later this month and streamed on Facebook.

"Players must use a forceful break" - How is this enforced?

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

BREAK RULES

40-SECOND SHOT CLOCK

DRAW AND SEEDING

Would you still like it if you put up $1000 to play ?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Siming Chen vs Mohammed Baabad (Fargo 759, robustness 112)

Last edited: