Very dissapointed in lee brett. Should be ashamed

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just read Lee Brett's post on Face Book. He says he let everyone down because he chose to go out last night and get drunk. He also said he could not see the balls and obviously that does not make for playing well. He also said he is sleeping in his car and from another post of his he said he had only $17.00 for food for the next week.

People on these forums came to his aid out of the goodness of their hearts and donated money so he could maybe make some money out in Vegas since the Bonus Ball fiasco. He chose to not do the right thing and wasted the kind efforts of the AZ Billiard community who helped him out. He should be ashamed of himself.

Also if you have enough money to get drunk in Vegas you do not need help for entry. Either you are paying for it or you are at the machines or tables to get free drinks. If you can do either of those you should not be hungry and should not need help for entry fees.

I feel sorry for the people who helped him. Lee give them their money back, all you ever seem to do is come to these forums to tell people how broke you are and to get people to give you, lend you, support you, sponsor you. it is getting old. You should give people their money back since your actions were not the ones of someone people were sponsoring in this event.

Boston$tyle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LMFAO!!!!! Jester, not that there's any redeeming merits you receive for posting this but how much in toll did you contribute to this cause???

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost every pool player has played drunk and been sleeping in their car and making dinner money playing pool {some of em played jam up,put your big boy pants on buckaroo} Maybe he isn't cut out for the pool life?

Last edited:

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
I couldn't even fathom going to an important tournament and getting drunk the night before, especially when other people put their money and faith in you. At least Lee can man up though and admit to his mistake

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LMFAO!!!!! Jester, not that there's any redeeming merits you receive for posting this but how much in toll did you contribute to this cause???
I had ZERO money contributed to the sponsorship. Not that it matters, if someone does something wrong others should know about it so they don't get fooled again. Part of the reason I did not put in was I knew that he had no chance to get in the money and also I have heard too many things to put my money out there. Below is the quote from his face book.

Lee Brett

about an hour ago.

I let everyone down... Went out and got drunk last night... Great way to prepare for my matches.. Couldn't see the balls and i am mad at mytself right now... Needed to drink last night to drown my sorrows from being homeless and having no money is not good right now... when i should of just went to sleep in my car and focused on playing good...

graemeham

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fair play to him for admitting it.

It appears to me the guy tries so hard to convince people he belongs amongst the pro's when really he is average at best. This kinda adds to that impression.

opiesbro

Big Al Customs
Silver Member
Almost every pool player has played drunk and been sleeping in their car and making dinner money playing pool {some of em played jam up,put your big boy pants on buckaroo} Maybe he isn't cut out for the pool life?

I once saw Marty Hildabrand drink 31 cans during a tourny and the more lit he got the better he played. He even boasted that if you wanted to beat him you better do it early.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. Both my 'horses' got drunk, one missed their match and it seems the other should have just missed it.

Shame on Lee Brett for asking for a hand out and then being anything but professional.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I suppose that would be fine if you play better drunk but in this case he didn't. I know Lee and I know he has fallen on hard times. However per his own admission he wasn't ready and should have been more professional, especially with other peoples money. Well he will maybe find out the next time he wants a sponsor that he won't have much luck around here. It is a shame and he did admit to his mistakes but that does not make it right. This could have been his chance, I like Lee from what I have known of him so although times are hard you can't do things like this or you will never get ahead. What if a major sponsor was thinking about working with him? Do you think they still would? Lee You got to take every opportunity man and make it work to the best you can buddy. Don't let yourself down.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Wow. Both my 'horses' got drunk, one missed their match and it seems the other should have just missed it.

Shame on Lee Brett for asking for a hand out and then being anything but professional.
Sorry you got a couple of bad rolls there man.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suppose that would be fine if you play better drunk but in this case he didn't. I know Lee and I know he has fallen on hard times. However per his own admission he wasn't ready and should have been more professional, especially with other peoples money. Well he will maybe find out the next time he wants a sponsor that he won't have much luck around here. It is a shame and he did admit to his mistakes but that does not make it right. This could have been his chance, I like Lee from what I have known of him so although times are hard you can't do things like this or you will never get ahead. What if a major sponsor was thinking about working with him? Do you think they still would? Lee You got to take every opportunity man and make it work to the best you can buddy. Don't let yourself down.

people have made worse decisions than Lee made FWIW....

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Eh - doesn't make sense.

He could easily have said, "Sorry guys, played like hippo shit" and left it at that. Nobody would have a clue about drinking (if he really did) or the car (doubt if he did). Maybe he played bad and was just really embarrassed and made up stupid excuses that are back-firing?

I've played SO bad before, I wanted to tell everyone that I was abducted by aliens on my way to the room, experienced lost time, found myself curled up in a ball naked in the woods and then found my cue near a crop circle and then fixed my hair and continued on to play my match... but then again, I was like .... "Shit - it's just easier to say I played bad."

Nobody who gave Lee money is marching up the hill, believe it. Whoever did it, did so to help him play and whatever happened, happened. Hell, we all sponsored Cleary just for something to do -- so what's the difference?? In fact, if Clearly doesn't miss a match because he's drunk -- I'm going to be upset w/ him.

Give me a break.

Lee was prob just embarrassed he played bad.

Last edited:

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eh - doesn't make sense.

He could easily have said, "Sorry guys, played like hippo shit" and left it at that. Nobody would have a clue about drinking (if he really did) or the car (doubt if he did). Maybe he played bad and was just really embarrassed and made up stupid excuses that are back-firing?

I've played SO bad before, I wanted to tell everyone that I was abducted by aliens on my way to the room, experienced lost time, found myself curled up in a ball naked in the woods and then found my cue near a crop circle and then fixed my hair and continued on to play my match... but then again, I was like .... "Shit - it's just easier to say I played bad."

Nobody who gave Lee money is marching up the hill, believe it. Whoever did it, did so to help him play and whatever happened, happened. Hell, we all sponsored Cleary just for something to do -- so what's the difference?? In fact, if Clearly doesn't miss a match because he's drunk -- I'm going to be upset w/ him.

Give me a break.

Lee was prob just embarrassed he played bad.

As per the thread and my PM back and forth to Lee, the agreement was the initial entry back and then 50/50 of the remainder of any winnings. I strictly did my part as an investment, not out of the goodness of my heart.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Yep, he could have just said, "sorry, I played bad".

At least he was honest about it, I guess.

With the Cliff Joyner thread, the other player, can't remember his name now. The one who GF destroyed his chances and now this.

It just keeps getting tougher for a player to get a stake on AZ and this one doesn't help.

I agree, having a bad day on the table is acceptable. We donated to help a guy get out of a bad spot and give him a chance. This wasn't a good way to repay us.

I was only in for $25 so no big deal but I can assure you, it will be the last time I donate to any player on AZ.

I could have turned the $25 into beer myself. I didn't need help doing it.

That is unless Cleary goes in again. Seems he was the only stand up guy outta the four.

I sent some money to help a couple of kids go to Church Camp. I would do something similar to that any day. No more players tho.

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Such as investing in Lee?

He asked the AZ family for help in his time of "need". Their were a few that obliged him....He let them down. Not winning is acceptable... Acting unprofessional is not.

Please do not try and justify his actions!

no i wasnt refering to that at all, just in general. drinking and driving is a worse plan...

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, he could have just said, "sorry, I played bad".

At least he was honest about it, I guess.

With the Cliff Joyner thread, the other player, can't remember his name now. The one who GF destroyed his chances and now this.

It just keeps getting tougher for a player to get a stake on AZ and this one doesn't help.

I agree, having a bad day on the table is acceptable. We donated to help a guy get out of a bad spot and give him a chance. This wasn't a good way to repay us.

I was only in for $25 so no big deal but I can assure you, it will be the last time I donate to any player on AZ.

I could have turned the $25 into beer myself. I didn't need help doing it.

That is unless Cleary goes in again. Seems he was the only stand up guy outta the four.

I sent some money to help a couple of kids go to Church Camp. I would do something similar to that any day. No more players tho.

I still owe Cleary $20, i'm on his shit list at the moment.:eek:

Banks

Banned
people have made worse decisions than Lee made FWIW....

While it isn't what people would've hoped for, you are right in some ways. He did post, not yet on here, that he screwed up. I've had hard/depressing times in my life where I've let myself and others down. I'll still wish the best for him and hope that it helps him reach a point towards the downward spiral that he begins to work his way back up again to a personally fulfilling life. $30.. I could use it, but could also piss it away in a poker machine if the weakness strikes me. I'd be more happy knowing, however odd, that it contributed to somebody's time in their life where they recognize that they need to move onward and upward. Be well, Lee.

Sincerely,
John Scudder