Vivian the criminal can't delete this thread.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Prove it, OP.

And what is your name, address and occupation? No idea whether your reputation is solid or not, but since you are (so far) defaming someone else and making it about relative strength of reputations on the internet have to pony up your identity as well. Otherwise, chickens__t nonsense.

Very disappointing.

I dont think her rep could get much worse, but you are sticking up for her- tells me a lot about you.

Whether his story is true or not, we know what her story is.
Jason

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I was told in Business Law or somewhere that the amount written in words is the legal amount and not the numbers,

A quick search proves this to be the case

https://www.thebalance.com/check-amounts-dont-match-315265

PS-That is why you put a 'line' in front of the written amount so nothing can be added after it's written unless bleached etc which really makes you a criminal.

PPS-My interpretation is that he made out the check for less the correct entry fee-and after several communications, she corrected it to the proper amount perhaps to include a late fee. Still not bright but.....

Still have yet to see this altered check the OP claims to be posting but has gotten busy suddenly... guess I'll start pg 4 of the thread with this!

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Y alter a check to scam a "little" amount unless he/she/it wanted to stay under the felony threshold, if there is such a thing nowadays

iirc that was 5 hun once upon a time

spock says this scenario isn't logical

VV being slandered is a joke, her rep has already been flushed

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told in Business Law or somewhere that the amount written in words is the legal amount and not the numbers,

https://www.thebalance.com/check-amounts-dont-match-315265

PS-That is why you put a 'line' in front of the written amount so nothing can be added after it's written unless bleached etc which really makes you a criminal.

PPS-My interpretation is that he made out the check for less the correct entry fee-and after several communications, she corrected it to the proper amount perhaps to include a late fee. Still not bright but.....

This is what I was thinking to.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone including her can bet and post. A check for my entry was altered and cashed, endorsed the tornado open, for a small amount larger than the original. She was messaging me back and forth about other checks i wrote for qualifiers.

as mentioned, very odd that someone would risk felony charges for a "small amount".

sometimes people "alter" checks, when they think they are "correcting" them...for example if the entry fee was $140 and someone mailed a check for $130, I could see someone "correcting" it to read $140, with approval from the sender, …….although that is a terrible idea.....(better to return the check)

Is it possible she assumed you agreed that your entry check could be adjusted to cover the "other checks" you two were talking about?

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Isn't this ANOTHER one of those threads where a series of 2 pictures would tell the story instead of pages of speculation?

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is still waiting for a refund. Who else had a check altered for a larger amount and cashed. Who is a lawyer or expert on class action or check fraud.

This event was back in November. Most in the old thread were reimbursed.
Four months later and you just realized your check was cashed for a larger amount?

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Isn't this ANOTHER one of those threads where a series of 2 pictures would tell the story instead of pages of speculation?

And you can put that onus on the poster.

I don't know about the rest of the AZr's here, but if I were to make a bold post like this, I'd be ready and willing with some facts and evidence.

Not just;
*Post it
*respond a little, but keep it vague (remember you want the pages to grow beyond comprehensible numbers)

[Someone else]*"Do you have any proof??"

*I gotta go

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Some people in this group are professional know it alls , it takes them about 3 minutes of Googledy Goo to get up to to speed and play genius.
Please don't ruin the fun for them , it is all they have.

racefornine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Truth

I thought only my friends got stiffed and my checks were ripped up and never cashed. I caught this earlier this year and was trying to get it resolved privately. When confronted with proof of fraud.She stopped returning my calls and messages. I have little recourse legally for satisfaction. I am furious as i am sure many others are. I see now this was more grief than satisfaction.

Attachments

• Inkedmmmm2_LI.jpg
    Inkedmmmm2_LI.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 561
  • Inkedmmmmmmm_LI.jpg
    Inkedmmmmmmm_LI.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 586

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

And that is what my bank told me when I tried to deposit a check where the payer forgot or got lazy and did not write in the amount. They cannot cash a check without a written amount. I ended up writing in the amount myself without taking liberties or a commission.:)

On the other hand, the bank seems to be willing to deposit a check without a signature if it's to the right account.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I thought only my friends got stiffed and my checks were ripped up and never cashed. I caught this earlier this year and was trying to get it resolved privately. When confronted with proof of fraud.She stopped returning my calls and messages. I have little recourse legally for satisfaction. I am furious as i am sure many others are. I see now this was more grief than satisfaction.

Some pure stupidity on Vivian's part if she did this and even put the signer's initials on it. That is forgery, plain and simple. If he wanted to press this, she could actually be prosecuted, and for only four dollars!