Wanted/For Sale Forums Acting Funny

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone else been experiencing this? I can see a few listings in the FS section, but nowhere near what I believe to actually be there - for example, I see a post from 2:00 AM this morning and then it skips to a listing at 10:00 AM. I assume there must have been threads created/bumped in that time period but for whatever reason I'm unable to see them. As another example, if I'm on the Wanted/For Sale landing page (where you have the option to go to the Wanted or For Sale or eBay forums), it shows the most recent posts all the way to the right as it normally does. But when I click on the link to go into the For Sale forum, the most recent post that was shown on the previous page is nowhere to be found.

Maybe I'm just a dummy and I have some filter on? I started to notice these changes yesterday afternoon/evening, I can't remember exactly when.
 
They changed the format. It is listed by the Original Thread Posting time and not by replies now. Bumping no longer pushes the thread to the top with this format.
 
They changed the format. It is listed by the Original Thread Posting time and not by replies now. Bumping no longer pushes the thread to the top with this format.

WOW. That's very cool :thumbup:
 
They changed the format. It is listed by the Original Thread Posting time and not by replies now. Bumping no longer pushes the thread to the top with this format.

That's great, why won't they fix the search function so you can search for Tad, SW, JW, BCM, PFD, or any of the dozens of names shorter than four characters? I'm assuming they could do it if they wanted to.
 
They changed the format. It is listed by the Original Thread Posting time and not by replies now. Bumping no longer pushes the thread to the top with this format.

After 48 hrs can a thread be bumped to the front ???

If not after a couple hrs it gone into never land ???

It would be to much for the powers that be to inform us of all the changes and How it works . ????

Jim
 
There is a Display Options drop down on the bottom of the For Sale Items page. Individual users can choose to change the option to show by Last Post Time. This option has to be reset every time you reload the page. I like the change and the Display Options.

After 48 hrs can a thread be bumped to the front ???

If not after a couple hrs it gone into never land ???

It would be to much for the powers that be to inform us of all the changes and How it works . ????

Jim
 
No, this is not like simply flipping an "allow shorter searches" switch.


That's great, why won't they fix the search function so you can search for Tad, SW, JW, BCM, PFD, or any of the dozens of names shorter than four characters? I'm assuming they could do it if they wanted to.
 
Well I admit...I still don't understand. I like that subsequent posts don't bump the thread but how do you now bump your thread?

Auto bump every 48 hours?
 
The "Last Post" column is irrelevant, could the date on which the thread was started be listed instead? This might make it easier find a particular item, assuming that we know approximately when it was first posted for sale.
 
what is up

No, this is not like simply flipping an "allow shorter searches" switch.

What is up? The wanted for sale section so tied up with rules its like watching paint dry.

Why would you make it that we have to make a new thread to get the cue to the front page ?


Why are you guys trying to destroy the wanted for sale section ?
 
That's great, why won't they fix the search function so you can search for Tad, SW, JW, BCM, PFD, or any of the dozens of names shorter than four characters? I'm assuming they could do it if they wanted to.

put it in quotes... "tad cue"

You're welcome.

Dale
 
I can't stand the new set up too be honest I wish it went back too old one everytime I try too post it won't let me yes I have pick yes I'm doing everything right idk I think we should have had a poll of some sort about the change but what do I know lol
 
Have you actually tried this? I did and got a "no matches" error message.

Of course - and it worked fine before the WFS change of life. It seems now at least
one of the words must be 4 charcs or more. It is easy to do directly from Google.

Dale(bemused)
 
Back
Top