What’s it all worth?

Rjmoncrief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello guys, I came across this antique Brunswick Balke Collender at an estate sale. The table needs a total restoration of course, the slate is good. This is all the pictures I could get. I know I’m not giving you much to go by, but what do you think? I appreciate any and all input.

Attachments

• AA39865C-A9E1-49C7-AF27-5B846681AC55.jpg
    AA39865C-A9E1-49C7-AF27-5B846681AC55.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 615
  • 071F2B3C-784F-4E72-8735-C99312E0F4D3.jpg
    071F2B3C-784F-4E72-8735-C99312E0F4D3.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 614
  • FC9B24DD-3EC6-41AD-BB8B-8C4C41451262.jpg
    FC9B24DD-3EC6-41AD-BB8B-8C4C41451262.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 628
  • 3299FEB6-A755-4C13-AB67-CF62A720F5B1.jpg
    3299FEB6-A755-4C13-AB67-CF62A720F5B1.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 608

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From the shape that stuff is in, once it's brought back to usable condition it is likely to be worth less than the cost of fixing it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd say the table is next to worthless.
The rack might be worth something good, but it appears newer than the table/ cues.
The cues are the valuable part, I think.

I wouldn't charge more than a couple hundred to haul their junk away for them.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you are a good wood worker
it might provide you with a nice project

i would be reluctant to take it home with me
but someone might turn it into a treasure for life

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Looks like a labor of love, if you enjoy projects. The restoration cost will surpass the refinished value.

If the cues are somewhat straight, maybe you could get $30-50 for them? Maybe you could sell the table hardware for a few bucks.. Otherwise, not really worth the hassle of tearing the table down and moving it (to a dumpster).

Even if it were "Free", I'm not sure that there is enough value in the cues and rack to merit taking the table.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 2 butterfly cues make nice conversions. If by some chance they are straight they should be left as is. Nothing else there looks valuable in it's condition.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Although the rack with the cues and balls is not in what I would call pristine condition, it's definitely worth having.
The table is would be too big of a project for most people.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
if that bridgehead is bakelite (it may be wood) and it cleans up well it can be worth in the $75 range.

as others have said, the table looks like a losing proposition but the cues and *maybe* the rack could be worth a little bit.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
As others have said the cues may have a little value and the balls might be cool in a wall rack. The table looks like an old Brunswick Wellington and should be put down.

The pics you have may be the most valuable part of this deal.....if rotated, blown up and framed might look bad a$$.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As others have said the cues may have a little value and the balls might be cool in a wall rack. The table looks like an old Brunswick Wellington and should be put down.

The pics you have may be the most valuable part of this deal.....if rotated, blown up and framed might look bad a$$.

Mr. bond. RIP.

We had an ongoing joke about how every antique that was posted was a Wellington. And about half the time, I was right!

I used to have one, myself.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Mr. bond. RIP.

We had an ongoing joke about how every antique that was posted was a Wellington. And about half the time, I was right!

I used to have one, myself.

The lunch ro9m where I work had a Wellington in it(yes my place of employment offers its employees a pool table)when I started in 86. We lost that table but were able to acquire two more right after that. I play every day at lunch and have for thirty years, I still miss the big Wellington.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you always wanted to build a pool table and can imagine using T-rails on it, the slate is worth maybe $200 but could not be sold for that*. The biggest factor is that with that much damp and rust, it might no longer be possible to remove many of the rail bolts.

*If you have a pool themed house, you could collect a few of these and use the slates for the walkway up to your front porch. :D

smt

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obvious water damage to the legs. You can see the water line on the shelf which has the balls on it.

Does anybody know what those rings are on the shelf above the balls?

Regarding value of the table and ability/cost to restore I'd contact someone like Glenn on this website who do it for a living. I'd probably take the table as long as the legs and frame aren't rotted from the water.

JC

Coos Cues
If someone tried dropping that off at my place I would get a restraining order and press charges as needed.

JC