Status
Not open for further replies.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
What’s an aiming “system”?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

In my opinion, it's any specific method of aiming that helps players develop more consistent ball pocketing skills.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I originally visited this website after a 17 year hiatus from the game. I watched several videos of Stan's online, trying to find an easier way to get back to form. Asked a few questions, was met with what I consider hostility and decided this argument wasn't for me. Found Tor Lowry and never looked back.

It is one thing to use a system and believe in it. It is a whole different beast when someone else either does not grasp or believe in the system so people tear them to shreds in the forums.

Used to be back in the day you had to pay on the table for every piece of knowledge you could obtain. Nowadays people are just giving away some of the best advice in the history of the game.

I have been following a bit of this convo over the past three years I have been on AZ...and haven't seen bc21 be negative at all towards the method that shall not be mentioned...though I have read many well thought out inquiries to the method and his explanations of what he thinks the method that shall not be mentioned is. For the most part, the general response has been "you dont use it, you can't speak about it". This is quite small minded, there are many thing that a person does not do that they can easily figure out with a little mental exercise or trial and error.

I tried the method which shall not be mentioned for a six week period while trying to consume everything that the author had put out on YouTube to see if I wanted to invest in his videos...wasn't for me.

I for one do not use an aiming system and at this point most likely never will, but regardless of the system, if the end user finds merit in that system then more power to em...you definitely won't find me in here telling them they are too stupid for a system or that their system is irrelevant, because I will never have to take a single one of their shots, that's their game, let em play it and learn it however they please.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Originally Posted by SpiderWebComm View Post

Not this F*CKED UP FORUM!

You've been warned

Apologies for that. But just to clarify, the main forum and sub-forums provide a lot of great information for everyone. Sure, there's an occasional clash and things happen with a ban. But great content and participation in all.

My reference was to the aiming forum and I don't think the description is too far off which is why it was segregated by you and Mike to begin with.

Am I a part of the negative action in here? As long as I'm posting, absolutely.

There continues to be considerable attacks and misinformation purposely targeting CTE by the same group of individuals over and over which is why it became it's own forum.

Is CTE itself the problem? Not any more than guns are the problem for shooting and mass murders. Guns can and do serve a good purpose in society when used by individuals with knowledge and respect for the law. CTE has served many pool players well worldwide for both amateurs and professionals.

But just like with guns, there's a fringe group always on the sidelines disparaging it's existence and use.

Will you at least consider placing a moratorium on CTE or any aspects of it until Stan's book and Truth Series Videos come out? This is totally out of hand.

There are a lot of different aiming systems to be discussed and I'll be a happy positive contributor.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The "IGNORE" is the Hadacol for this computer age.

Originally Posted by SpiderWebComm View Post
Not this F*CKED UP FORUM!
Apologies for that. But just to clarify, the main forum and sub-forums provide a lot of great information for everyone. Sure, there's an occasional clash and things happen with a ban. But great content and participation in all.
My reference was to the aiming forum and I don't think the description is too far off which is why it was segregated by you and Mike to begin with.
Am I a part of the negative action in here? As long as I'm posting, absolutely.
There continues to be considerable attacks and misinformation purposely targeting CTE by the same group of individuals over and over which is why it became it's own forum. Is CTE itself the problem? Not any more than guns are the problem for shooting and mass murders. Guns can and do serve a good purpose in society when used by individuals with knowledge and respect for the law. CTE has served many pool players well worldwide for both amateurs and professionals.
But just like with guns, there's a fringe group always on the sidelines disparaging it's existence and use.<==Well stated
Will you at least consider placing a moratorium on CTE or any aspects of it until Stan's book and Truth Series Videos come out? This is totally out of hand.
There are a lot of different aiming systems to be discussed and I'll be a happy positive contributor.
Hello Spiderman.
Please refer to my post #33 in this thread.
Problem solved for me.
I realize it didn't solve the issue for Stan and CJ...they just packed it in and left.
But for me, it works great. And definitely avoids trouble with Mr. Wilson.
Try it for two weeks and watch what happens.....just for two weeks.
(Once the Truth Series hits the web, it's all over for "them" anyway.)
Good wishes.
:thumbup:

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Hello Spiderman.
Please refer to my post #33 in this thread.
Problem solved for me.
I realize it didn't solve the issue for Stan and CJ...they just packed it in and left.
But for me, it works great. And definitely avoids trouble with Mr. Wilson.
Try it for two weeks and watch what happens.....just for two weeks.
(Once the Truth Series hits the web, it's all over for "them" anyway.)
Good wishes.

I know your intentions are good and I've used the feature before in years past but
NO, I'm not going that route again. In due time I'll be doing the same thing as Stan, CJ, and many others.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know your intentions are good and I've used the feature before in years past but
NO, I'm not going that route again. In due time I'll be doing the same thing as Stan, CJ, and many others.
Thanks for your thoughts.
I completely understand the zeal for defending a good man and great pool shooter like Stan when he and his work get trashed for so many years and the same trashers continue to get away with it as well. 20 years is a long time to put up with horsedung.
Would you believe that right out of the blue, Stan sent me a brand new hardcover copy of an excellent book written by his dad about Dr. Marion Tinsley, the best checker player the world has ever known? Called "Checkers The Tinsley Way". Has many many run-ups from games in world championships over the years. I am so lame and out of practice at that game. I'd get down into maybe the 7th or 8th move and say..."Oh, I don't like the published line, I think I'll go here". And immediately recognize that I was in a dead solid loss. Those big league guys didn't fool around.....they'd rob you. They were masters at what's called "forced play". That means they force you to move into certain losing positions or just go ahead and lose right now....you have no choice in the matter once they maneuver you into forced trunk lines. That's why checkers is so much more precise than chess...in chess you can wiggle and squirm out of a published loss but not in checkers. Once you're in a losing published line, that's the end of you. But, I digress.......
As for pool shooting...I'd like to see some of these pompous know it all pool "experts" take some cash and their own systems to Kentucky and see how well they come out in heads up competition with him on that big 10 footer of his.
I want to be there and bet some side action during that little show.
(I can visualize most of them trying to hitchhike back to Chicago after pawning their pool sticks or wherever).
Life goes on. Stay happy.
Lowenstein

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I originally visited this website after a 17 year hiatus from the game. I watched several videos of Stan's online, trying to find an easier way to get back to form. Asked a few questions, was met with what I consider hostility and decided this argument wasn't for me. Found Tor Lowry and never looked back.

I'm approaching you in this post as just man to man with no intentions of wasting you. But lets be fair in what you said

You do know ALL of your posts ever made are on file. All 208 of them. I researched and read. I found no real hostility. The first thread you had interaction from last post to first started here: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=458911&page=13

You had interaction with Stan himself. You also admitted only trying to learn the system from the free videos and tried over a 6 week period. It's been said many times the free videos were NOT the way to learn CTE. They were there to supplement and clarify questions from the DVDs.

It is one thing to use a system and believe in it. It is a whole different beast when someone else either does not grasp or believe in the system so people tear them to shreds in the forums.

I saw no evidence of people tearing you to shreds in that thread.
I do remember you coming back in from time to time taking pot shots at it or toward me and I may have fired back. I didn't post to you first or seek you out because I don't know you from the man in the moon. All I know is you're a 5 in two different leagues.

Used to be back in the day you had to pay on the table for every piece of knowledge you could obtain. Nowadays people are just giving away some of the best advice in the history of the game.

And you certainly can't fault Stan for pouring in countless hours of free videos.

I tried the method which shall not be mentioned for a six week period while trying to consume everything that the author had put out on YouTube to see if I wanted to invest in his videos...wasn't for me.

Hey, no problem. I don't drink Coca Cola. Both our own prerogative.

I for one do not use an aiming system and at this point most likely never will, but regardless of the system, if the end user finds merit in that system then more power to em...you definitely won't find me in here telling them they are too stupid for a system or that their system is irrelevant, because I will never have to take a single one of their shots, that's their game, let em play it and learn it however they please.

And that's all we who use the system want for us and those who may be interested in it. Nobody here tries jamming it down the throat of anyone who doesn't use it. I could care less.

But at the same time, none of us appreciate the attacks from non-users over a 20 year time period and every day in between until the current time.

Does that sound fair enough?

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quote:

I'm approaching you in this post as just man to man with no intentions of wasting you. But lets be fair in what you said

You do know ALL of your posts ever made are on file. All 208 of them. I researched and read. I found no real hostility. The first thread you had interaction from last post to first started here: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showt...458911&page=13

You have a lot more time on your hands than I do in this regard so I will assume you actually read them all. You should note that there was also no hostility on my end. I truly wanted to see if the system that shall not be mentioned was for me or not.

You had interaction with Stan himself. You also admitted only trying to learn the system from the free videos and tried over a 6 week period. It's been said many times the free videos were NOT the way to learn CTE. They were there to supplement and clarify questions from the DVDs.

This is six of one, half a dozen of the other, within the posts that I responded to or asked questions in, there was plenty of hostility in every single one, maybe not to myself personally but it wasn't hard to see where the conversation would always quickly devolve. This made it difficult to ask honest questions lest be labeled a hater...especially as a newer person to the forum.

I saw no evidence of people tearing you to shreds in that thread.
I do remember you coming back in from time to time taking pot shots at it or toward me and I may have fired back. I didn't post to you first or seek you out because I don't know you from the man in the moon. All I know is you're a 5 in two different leagues.

Actually, you'd be happy to know that I am a 6 in two disciplines of the same league (8/9 ball in TAP league). And yes, maybe I did talk a little sh@, once or twice, but that was after an honest attempt to get to know if the system was for me...and after seeing all of the divisiveness that the system that shall not be mentioned created in every single thread it was mentioned in. So, yeah...I poked the bees nest with a stick a little bit.

And the only "shot" I took at you was for you "Challenging" me to big money matches against pros...instead of yourself...because I said I feared no man (predicated by the statement that I'd like to find some (method that cannot be mentioned) shooters to gamble with, since to this day I haven't met any)...which to this day I do not fear anyone on a pool table....and that seemed a bit silly, since I have never had someone so mad at me that they challenged me to play someone else....I thought that was hilarious.

"And you certainly can't fault Stan for pouring in countless hours of free videos."

I have repeatedly praised the author of the method that must not be mentioned in many posts, his videos on stroke, stance, lining up and many others are fantastic...I have stated there is no doubt that the man has a breadth of knowledge and was most probably a great instructor...how this puts me in the "hater" category I will never understand.

"Hey, no problem. I don't drink Coca Cola. Both our own prerogative."

Now I know you are a communist.

"And that's all we who use the system want for us and those who may be interested in it. Nobody here tries jamming it down the throat of anyone who doesn't use it. I could care less."

You care a lot more than you admit, otherwise you'd let a post or two go by without having to chime in...you and others have gone so far as to tell people they shouldn't be using the method which cannot be mentioned, or that they are too stupid to grasp it, or just flat label them as haters...which is really quite unproductive if you ask me.

"But at the same time, none of us appreciate the attacks from non-users over a 20 year time period and every day in between until the current time."

Keep in mind, that any of us here that are/were interested in the system that shall not be mentioned haven't been here 20 years, are probably looking for actual information on a system and get turned off pretty easily by these ongoing flame wars.

And it is pretty difficult to come to this forum and read BC21's stuff, who has always been respectful and honest about what he is doing, and see the vitriol that he has had to take for simply asking questions...the objective subjective argument was maybe the dumbest line of argument I have ever seen, and why anyone cared about that still blows my mind to this day...but much of what has been asked in these threads by people that have no interest in the ongoing feud whatsoever has been left unanswered or answered with anger and hostility, when the points could have just been addressed.

"Does that sound fair enough?"

I don't see why not

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You care a lot more than you admit, otherwise you'd let a post or two go by without having to chime in...you and others have gone so far as to tell people they shouldn't be using the method which cannot be mentioned, or that they are too stupid to grasp it, or just flat label them as haters...which is really quite unproductive if you ask me.
When I read the words......."is really quite unproductive", I immediately believe the person writing it is not being congruent.
What they're REALLY saying is...."I don't believe you". or "I disagree"
Just my opinion..nothing more.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
>>>>>>SNIP THE DRIVEL<<<<<<<

You made your point and had your say. The 3 letter system is NOT for you either because you couldn't understand it, I and others like me hurt too many sensitive feelings that turn you off, or you found a new guru with youtube videos and DVDs who meets your needs in teaching and learning.

So is there really any good reason to be hanging around in aiming forums posting negativity or crying about other individuals, especially regarding the one system you have no desire to use? Now that you're a 6, you have the world by the tail and should fear no man as you stated. ADIOS.

(some how I have the sneaky feeling you can't help yourself and will be back when you should be working hard to get to a 7. How do I know? I'm a 15 in forum experience)

Last edited:

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Repaired haha

I Amended as it appears to be the mirror image......

>>>>>>SNIP THE DRIVEL<<<<<<<

You made your point and had your say. The 3 letter system is FOR you because you understand it, I and others like me hurt too many sensitive feelings and turn you off, YOU found a guru with youtube videos and DVDs who meets your needs in teaching and learning.

So is there really any good reason to be hanging around in aiming forums posting negativity or crying about other individuals post, especially regarding the one system you have a desire to use? Now you have the world by the tail and should fear no man as you stated. ADIOS.

(some how I have the sneaky feeling you can't help yourself and will be back when you should be working hard to RELAX and enjoy life. Now that you have 15 in forum experience)

:D

Just couldn't help it ...All in fun....
Can I get a Greenie ???

Last edited:

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I start letting people who challenge me to matches with....others...start telling me what forums I can be on, then all will truly be lost. But like you said you are a 15 in posting on forums....mama must be proud. Can just imagine when you go somewhere and lay that "do you know who I am? I am the guy on the forums who tells people what they should and shouldn't read or respond to!!"....guessing that probably gets you all the best seats at the finest restaurants and all the hottest chicks.

Notice I didnt say it gets you any respect or taken seriously. But then again who am I??? Just a 6 in pool, not a 15 in the forums....woe is me

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
When I start letting people who challenge me to matches with....others...start telling me what forums I can be on, then all will truly be lost. But like you said you are a 15 in posting on forums....mama must be proud. Can just imagine when you go somewhere and lay that "do you know who I am? I am the guy on the forums who tells people what they should and shouldn't read or respond to!!"....guessing that probably gets you all the best seats at the finest restaurants and all the hottest chicks.

If you knew who I was and what I really do in life, you'd know why my mama is very proud and I guarantee I'll get seats in any restaurant in the country before you will as you stand outside getting soaked by rain and then get rejected.

Notice I didnt say it gets you any respect or taken seriously. But then again who am I??? Just a 6 in pool, not a 15 in the forums....woe is me

I think a number of people see a total loser in who you are based on your posts, pool knowledge, and contributions. Always crying and whining about something or someone.

It's time to take Low500 up on his suggestion. You bring absolutely NOTHING, ZERO to the aiming forum or any other. And I have no intention of giving you the publicity you're seeking for some type of fame and notoriety in this forum

Type and post all you want because you are now on IGNORE. I won't see your posts. 5's and 6's don't get my respect or attention either. Especially when they think they're Gods gift to pool and can beat anyone. What a joke!

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
The aiming forum should be changed to the how to control the cue ball forum.

Then something which could actually bring peoples games up to the next level could be discussed. Probably even in a civil manner. After all who wants to get emotional about boring shape drills?

Once a person gets to a certain level it's not aiming that's holding them back any more.
It's having too high of a percentage of lower percentage shots during an inning that catches up with you.

Which of course has zero to do with aiming. So once again I have nothing of value to contribute to the "aiming" forum. Just some thoughts on pool.

JC

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a table in mind any time you wanna put some scratch down...just make your way to North Texas and we can see who the loser is....notice I am calling YOU out and not challenging you to play someone else, not saying you can't beat some random pro...I am flat saying I would take you in any game you wanna play.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But, seems like he has me on ignore...or so he says, either way, that is a blessing. BC21, I feel ya, there could be some really productive conversations in this forum if it wasn't necessary to deal with "that" sort of person every time you wanted to post anything.

I actually look forward to the posts of alot of the people involved in this forum...this is why when I had a question about my game I posted it in here, not on the main forum, and I hope that some of the responses were helpful to other users, as it was to me. I appreciate those that take this game seriously and have productive insight, as there are many of you here.

But you are absolutely right...it is a bit of a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.