What a Waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC

Coos Cues
Yeah, but it's the nonusers and haters with the psychosis.

I'm extremely happy with what I've been taught and use from a great instructor just as you seemingly are from yours, Robin Dreyer.

I still have an open mind about CTE it's just that I was never able to quite grasp it from the DVD's. I guess I'm more hands on or something. If I was closer to Kentucky I would have long ago visited Stan to try to figure out what I'm missing.

None of that has to do with the cult like obsession about it that's been on display here for ever by the minions. Maybe psychosis is too strong of a word but it's not that far off.

JC

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I still have an open mind about CTE it's just that I was never able to quite grasp it from the DVD's. I guess I'm more hands on or something. If I was closer to Kentucky I would have long ago visited Stan to try to figure out what I'm missing.

Understood. If Robin Dreyer was near me I'd probably be interested in seeing what he's about. Very down to Earth guy on the video interview.

None of that has to do with the cult like obsession about it that's been on display here for ever by the minions.

Open your eyes. We have no obsession about it other than fending off all the attacks against the system, Stan Shuffett, and Hal Houle.
As well as the insinuation that we're stupid for using a system than can't be described by the math and geometry. We're not stupid if balls go in better with it than anything else out there.

Maybe psychosis is too strong of a word but it's not that far off.

Correct. As long as you're looking at it from the other side when it comes to the attackers and haters who started this 20 years ago.

JC

Tell me, how would you react on this forum if someone or a group of individuals started bad mouthing your instructor for various things and in different areas taught by him? What if they kept it up for days, weeks, months, years, and decades?

Do you think you would go pretty nutzoid and do everything possible to shut them the hell up any way possible because you know better what he's about?

So who would be more psychotic, them or you?

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Tell me, how would you react on this forum if someone or a group of individuals started bad mouthing your instructor for various things and in different areas taught by him?
If I was confident in my knowledge of his instruction, I'd try to explain how they're wrong and maybe change their minds.

or...

If I had no real arguments, I'd make a big blue stink every time they appeared, accuse them of causing the disruptions, and try to get them excluded from the "conversation".

pj
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
If I was confident in my knowledge of his instruction, I'd try to explain how they're wrong and maybe change their minds.

or...

If I had no real arguments, I'd make a big blue stink every time they appeared, accuse them of causing the disruptions, and try to get them excluded from the "conversation".

pj
chgo

Wow! How blessed can we be to have the first and #1 instigator from RSB over 20 years ago come into this thread with his baiting witticisms.

I think this might be what JC was referring to as a psychotic individual.

And he even has his own thread to contribute to yet took his precious time to post here.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

or...

pj
chgo

Wow! How blessed can we be to have the first and #1 instigator from RSB over 20 years ago come into this thread with his baiting witticisms.

I think this might be what JC was referring to as a psychotic individual.

And he even has his own thread to contribute to yet took his precious time to post here.
Yeah, like that.

pj <- but blue and loud
chgo

JC

Coos Cues
Tell me, how would you react on this forum if someone or a group of individuals started bad mouthing your instructor for various things and in different areas taught by him? What if they kept it up for days, weeks, months, years, and decades?

Do you think you would go pretty nutzoid and do everything possible to shut them the hell up any way possible because you know better what he's about?

So who would be more psychotic, them or you?

There was this gal who kept showing up at the woman shelter yet never left the marriage.

After the fifth or sixth time she was asked "why do you stay with him"?

To which she responded......Beats me

Who was more psychotic, her or her husband?

JC

PS I don't have my own thread to contribute to, I merely responded to someone else's topic.

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Yes Brian, How dare you use the secret letters 3.20.5.... You have been advice and warn by secret mod
SWC..

Really too bad some just can't come up with their own tread to discuss something. They can only find time to bash others...

Likely another thread to delete soon....

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fine example of what I'm talking. CTE, yes I brought it up again, is one of many aiming systems. This is an aiming forum. Anyone can bring up fractions, ghostball, Samba, 90-90, shiskabob, Split-the-Difference, contact points, or any other aiming method, and no one comes bouncing in with unnecessary defensive tactics. CTE, yes I said it again, is not a code word for war. Get over it.

This is a pool player hub where all sorts of pool playing conversations are going on....you don't have to pound on your chest everytime someone mentions or references the aiming system you happen to use.

If you want to discuss CTE then learn it. Don't include it in your posts just to get your thread attention.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When life looks and feels like crap, we need to get away and participate in something we enjoy, like playing pool, or talking or reading about pool when there's no table around. This would be a good forum for that if it weren't infected with a decade old attitude revolving around cte.

Fact is, extreme cte supports assume that anyone who questions cte is an "anti-CTE" person, a "CTE hater". That's extremism....the "you're either with us or against us" attitude. A regular Joe could come in here wanting info or advice on aiming, mention CTE or question it one time and he'll get bombarded by years of BS flame wars, and if he counters back he'll be considered a cte hater.

Then start a poolology thread and leave CTE out. You did write a book after all

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

or...

pj
chgo

You are so confident in your wisdom on CTE that you actually just started a thread called "Why pivot". lol It's a pivot system so you pivot

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want to discuss CTE then learn it. Don't include it in your posts just to get your thread attention.
Cookieman....you've seen me write it before.
Just put these pests and troublemakers ON IGNORE...................and that will be the end of that.
The only time you'll even know they exist is when someone else responds to them with their comments quoted.
You will NEVER EVER make any sense to them...they live for drama. It's their whole life.
Drop 'em.
:thumbup:

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Really? Why? He's on the money because it's true.

No sir it is your belief that it is true.
Just because it's in BIG BLUE LETTERS Doesn't make it so.

My point was he made the first personal somewhat negative statement.

Just FYI (likely doesn't matter) I tried 3.20.5. PRO.. Bought the first DVD out . (one of the first batches sold). As a 1+1 =2 guy Stan's mystical something that never should be, answers were near impossible to get beyond. If someone had lived closer that wouldn't require first kneeling at the 3.20.5. alter.. I would try it and put more time into it...Mort had taken the time to try to explain some on the phone.

Very nice of him and I do appreciate it. I am not against it nor for it. If it helps one pot the balls GREAT.

I have not read a Brian statement bashing 3.20.5. he posted a #'s type way for some that wish to try. If it works for them great too. It has helped me on some shots to create a positive feeling about the shot. Confidence is a big part of a shot no matter the sport.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zen Moment

Let me interject a moment of Zen to calm the waters. Here are my wife's pet deer. That's Princess and Notchy with their daughters Trouble, Limpy and Sweet Pea.

https://youtu.be/OTI4z4xX-S0

And now back to your regular programming...

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Truth hurts? or are you a proponent of consistently spreading bad info. We should be helping each other not spreading false info

A man with wisdom that fails to use it is no better than a man without it.

As I read Brian post he wasn't spreading any falsities. Just stating all the overly negative and overly positive views (post) seem to derail all discussions.

I have seen you post please don't use the letters 3.20.5. Why do you feel the need to tell someone what to post or not post ? Those statements come off as negative. That seems like a mod responsibility.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has helped me on some shots to create a positive feeling about the shot. Confidence is a big part of a shot no matter the sport.
I strongly disagree. Confidence is not a part of the shot.
I have absolutely ZERO confidence anytime I step up to a pool table....yet I have a pretty good success rate because of the new knowledge from Shuffett's aiming system and Kinnister's 60 Minute WorkOut for 9-Ball.
To top that off, I am obsessive compulsive, manic depressive, borderline psychotic, and have deep seated feelings of inferiority. I am lazy, uneducated, broke, ugly, impotent, have dirty teeth, I don't wear underwear, I don't go to church, and I don't cut my hair. All I want is a "Pencil Thin Mustache...Boston Blackie Kind", like Jimmy Buffett says.
But... them pool balls is going into the pockets, with a very high percentage and gettin' gooder all the time......and my pet cat loves me. (but he could be shuckin' and jivin' too)
Confidence is highly overrated.
Cheers, mate!
:thumbup2:

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Then start a poolology thread and leave CTE out. You did write a book after all

Poolology threads have been started, as well as other aiming threads that have nothing to do with cte, and there's always some yahoo that comes in says something like, "all you need to know is 15, 30, and 45", or "forget all this old Misconi fractional stuff", or whatever....

I don't care what anyone says about any aiming system, even Poolology, unless what they're saying isn't true or is obvious bs. People can have varying opinions, and that's normal. The thing is, there are some people I know that I would never talk religion with, and others that I'd never talk politics with. They are just too set in their beliefs to participate in a logical and honest conversation about something that might challenge their beliefs. Here in the aiming forum I know of a few cte users that fall into that category, and I've noticed a few that are more reasonable and not so defensive.

It is what it is. I wasn't wasting time on forums years ago when Hal or Stan first started getting badgered. But in the year I've been here I can honestly say, if I had been in Stan's shoes years ago I know my handling of the criticism would've been better and the flames would've died long ago. It's an aiming system, nothing to get bent out of shape over and bring in labels like "CTE hater" and "anti-CTE".

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Poolology threads have been started, as well as other aiming threads that have nothing to do with cte, and there's always some yahoo that comes in says something like, "all you need to know is 15, 30, and 45", or "forget all this old Misconi fractional stuff", or whatever....

I don't care what anyone says about any aiming system, even Poolology, unless what they're saying isn't true or is obvious bs. People can have varying opinions, and that's normal. The thing is, there are some people I know that I would never talk religion with, and others that I'd never talk politics with. They are just too set in their beliefs to participate in a logical and honest conversation about something that might challenge their beliefs. Here in the aiming forum I know of a few cte users that fall into that category, and I've noticed a few that are more reasonable and not so defensive.

It is what it is. I wasn't wasting time on forums years ago when Hal or Stan first started getting badgered. But in the year I've been here I can honestly say, if I had been in Stan's shoes years ago I know my handling of the criticism would've been better and the flames would've died long ago. It's an aiming system, nothing to get bent out of shape over and bring in labels like "CTE hater" and "anti-CTE".

Consider yourself fortunate for missing the houligans back in the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.