What a Waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
What bothers me are the damned arguments.

It will be a shame, but the forum will continue without some folks.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Type and post all you want because you are now on IGNORE. I won't see your posts.
NOW you're playing good percentage poker.
Watch how much better things are around here when the "element" is placed on IGNORE.
Life goes on......enjoy.
Lowenstein. :thumbup:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The aiming forum should be changed to the how to control the cue ball forum.
Then something which could actually bring peoples games up to the next level could be discussed. Probably even in a civil manner. After all who wants to get emotional about boring shape drills?
Once a person gets to a certain level it's not aiming that's holding them back any more.
It's having too high of a percentage of lower percentage shots during an inning that catches up with you.

Which of course has zero to do with aiming. So once again I have nothing of value to contribute to the "aiming" forum. Just some thoughts on pool.
JC
I disagree.....the stuff (in bold) is a great contribution.
The problem is getting to that certain level of which you speak.
The aiming systems are designed to assist with that so it becomes automatic (and pooching an easy shot becomes very very rare)....then the position control and speed control rule the roost.
And there comes a lot of "undoing" of bad/false information that has been ingrained for decades and decades (and even printed up in books) by know-it-alls and a few champions. That is a huge hurdle to overcome.
Your post is very good.
:thumbup:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The aiming forum should be changed to the how to control the cue ball forum.

Then something which could actually bring peoples games up to the next level could be discussed. Probably even in a civil manner. After all who wants to get emotional about boring shape drills?

Once a person gets to a certain level it's not aiming that's holding them back any more.
It's having too high of a percentage of lower percentage shots during an inning that catches up with you.

Which of course has zero to do with aiming. So once again I have nothing of value to contribute to the "aiming" forum. Just some thoughts on pool.

JC
Or how to shoot certain shots.
Or How Do You Play This?
Just describe the shot.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
The aiming forum is set up specifically for aiming systems. It doesn't need to be changed to anything else. When other aspects of improving pool playing need to be discussed and should be discussed, there's a place for it and it's called the MAIN FORUM. Why aren't those subjects being brought up there NOW in newly made threads? What's holding you back?

The aiming forum also isn't confined to 2 aiming systems, one of which gets most of the attention due to 20+ years of constant dissection and attacks by certain members who have nothing better to do with their lives.

20 years of daily attacks in various pool forums instead of doing some fruitful work either for money and personal security or for the betterment of humanity seems much more logical than screaming to the top of their lungs that a specific aiming system is illogical. I mean WTF? Is this a sign of severe mental illness or what?

For those not interested in AIMING, common sense says to stay out. Just don't waste time coming into the forum. START THREADS YOU FEEL ARE IMPORTANT IN THE MAIN FORUM.

As far as AIMING goes, here are some OTHER aiming systems we can discuss other than just one or two:

The Railroad Aiming System
The Tunnel Aiming System
The Chain Ball Aiming System
The Square Ball Aiming System
The Ghost Ball Aiming System
The Arrow Aiming System
The Line Aiming System
Light Reflection Aiming System
Ball Reflection Aiming System
Ball Shadow Aiming System
Rail Shadow Aiming System
Invisible Spot Aiming System
The Sectional Aiming System
Four Equal Sections (Quarters)
Three Equal Sections (Thirds)
22 Degree Bank Shot
Sectional Aiming System Drill
Big Ball Degree Comparison Chart
Sectional Aiming X-Ray View
Geometric Aiming System
Geometric Aiming System Variation
Mirror Center Aiming System
Equal and Opposite Aiming System
Double The Distance Aiming System
Isosceles Triangle Aiming System
SAMBA
90/90
SEE System
Shiskabob
Little Mike's Pivot System

If you have no desire to delve into any of these and think they're a waste of time, NO PROBLEM. It's your game and future in pool. Do what makes you happy.

PLEASE STAY OUT OF THE AIMING FORUM AND START THREADS IN THE MAIN FORUM FOR OTHER AREAS OF POOL. OR, JUST LURK.

Does this make sense?

Btw, if any of the above get your curiosity going don't look to me to teach you from scratch. Seek the information out yourself and learn something first so it can be discussed. Otherwise drop it and forget it as useless information for you and your game.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Light Reflection Aiming System<==="Fast" Larry's method

The Line Aiming System<== Wimpy Lassiter's method

Shiskabob<==== Always good over a charcoal grill

If you have no desire to delve into any of these and think they're a waste of time, NO PROBLEM. It's your game and future in pool. Do what makes you happy.
Spiderman...I have highlighted some southern favorites in red for the enlightenment of the unwashed masses at the NRA Protest March. :smile:
By the way, you forgot to list the "Greyhound Bus system"
You know that's the one where if you just guess at where to hit the balls, when gambling, you go busted and have to take the Greyhound Bus back home.
(I'm sure my silly comments will be well received.):eek:
Stay happy.
Low :thumbup:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
The aiming forum is set up specifically for aiming systems.

I joined AZ a little more than a year ago to introduce my book to the aiming forum. I liked the fact that "How do you aim?" was in the forum subtitle. This is the same question that prompted me to start my book project, so after seeing that I thought this would be the perfect location to introduce Poolology.

I thought this forum was an open discussion area for aiming, for ALL aiming processes or methods, not exclusively set up for aiming systems. It may have morphed into that, but judging by the "How do you aim? How should everyone else aim?" subtitle, I believe it was meant to spark widespread conversation and debate on all forms or ideas of aiming -- guesswork, feel, system, magic, etc... open to all. If I had known it was a polluted mess of hotheads and in-your-face-adolescent-style behavior, I wouldn't have joined.

I know, I can always just leave. But I'm optimistic that things will change and this forum could actually be what it should be, instead of crumbling arena filled with remnants of a 20yr old flame war.

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
The "hotheads" are very close to being asked to leave.

The bickering and hatefulness is going to cease, one way or another.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I joined AZ a little more than a year ago to introduce my book to the aiming forum. I liked the fact that "How do you aim?" was in the forum subtitle. This is the same question that prompted me to start my book project, so after seeing that I thought this would be the perfect location to introduce Poolology.

I thought this forum was an open discussion area for aiming, for ALL aiming processes or methods, not exclusively set up for aiming systems. It may have morphed into that, but judging by the "How do you aim? How should everyone else aim?" subtitle, I believe it was meant to spark widespread conversation and debate on all forms or ideas of aiming -- guesswork, feel, system, magic, etc... open to all. If I had known it was a polluted mess of hotheads and in-your-face-adolescent-style behavior, I wouldn't have joined.

I know, I can always just leave. But I'm optimistic that things will change and this forum could actually be what it should be, instead of crumbling arena filled with remnants of a 20yr old flame war.

I am glad you wrote the book.

All that matters in the end is your stroke and consistency. I believe any aiming system will work if you are able to hit exact center cue ball.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I am glad you wrote the book.

All that matters in the end is your stroke and consistency. I believe any aiming system will work if you are able to hit exact center cue ball.

I agree. Any aiming system or method, with enough practice, can help develop consistency. But if you have a faulty stroke it'll be a long process.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"I joined AZ a little more than a year ago to introduce my book to the aiming forum. I liked the fact that "How do you aim?" was in the forum subtitle. This is the same question that prompted me to start my book project, so after seeing that I thought this would be the perfect location to introduce Poolology.

I know, I can always just leave. But I'm optimistic that things will change and this forum could actually be what it should be, instead of crumbling arena filled with remnants of a 20yr old flame war."

I was under the same impression. I was also pleased to see that some of the people that were authors of some of the systems were here to answer questions, you included. Stay put your contributions are greatly appreciated and your analytical style is as well.

I got hooked on this forum when I was reading about the shadow method...Greyghost I think...great explanations and diagrams and such...and your stuff as well, you could use a better mic for your youtube stuff, but keep it up, you are helping people even if some want to throw you under a bus.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

You could have chosen a few gun forums where they talk a lot about "aiming" (as opposed to "aiming systems") but I think your decision was the right one. It has served you well with exposure and sales.

I thought this forum was an open discussion area for aiming, for ALL aiming processes or methods, not exclusively set up for aiming systems. It may have morphed into that, but judging by the "How do you aim? How should everyone else aim?" subtitle, I believe it was meant to spark widespread conversation and debate on all forms or ideas of aiming

Mike Howerton's "sticky" at the top of the aiming forum says the following: Bashing other AIMING SYSTEMS - 06-28-2017, 04:07 PM

"OK, apparently this needs to be said again. I do not want to see anyone bashing another aiming system in any way.

If you have a positive experience with an aiming system, then feel free to post it. If you want to discuss the merits of an aiming system, then feel free. But for now, I don't want any comparisons as we all know that will just turn into bashing.

It is amazing to me that we have more reported posts about aiming system than we do about politics.

-- guesswork, feel, system, magic, etc... open to all.

yes but they aren't systems or classified as aiming per se. If a part of guesswork or feel could be clearly described to show how it benefits the aiming process and then transferred from one player to another, that would be a good thing. But it's only individual perception and may be just as much a cause of missing shots as making shots. Maybe more misses than makes. There isn't a way to measure it and whatever guesswork/feel was used for one shot could completely change for the next, and the next, and the next, etc.

If I had known it was a polluted mess of hotheads and in-your-face-adolescent-style behavior, I wouldn't have joined.

This post you've written appears to be done in anger. Were you in a stage of being a hothead at the time of writing or does it only apply to others?

I've been here for 12 years and you've been here for a year and 3 months. I could do that standing on one leg. Tell me how you feel after 11 more. And there were others who could stand on one leg compared to my 12. All battling over the same thing.

The 20yr old flame war isn't remnants. It's still going strong and the attacks are caused by the same people and some new members going after the one and only AIMING SYSTEM that sets them off. What part will you take to STIFLE it when it comes up again? Or will you be an active part of pursuing it?

I listed over 30 additional aiming systems a couple of posts above. Pick one or more to analyze. It should produce a lot of good fodder for intelligent discussion.

Spidey - sitting here as cool, calm, and collected as a person can be while sipping my morning coffee. Life is great and couldn't be better. Not the place where Anthony Bourdain is now in.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Spidey - sitting here as cool, calm, and collected as a person can be while sipping my morning coffee. Life is great and couldn't be better. Not the place where Anthony Bourdain is now in.

Excellent. Same here, as far as calm and cool and collected with my coffee. Then I'm gonna restring this beauty and jam to some Led Zeppelin or vintage Metallica, my version of Saturday morning Zen.

picture.php

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Excellent. Same here, as far as calm and cool and collected with my coffee. Then I'm gonna restring this beauty and jam to some Led Zeppelin or vintage Metallica, my version of Saturday morning Zen.

picture.php

Zen vat do you do for an encore and the rest of the day?

It does look like a super geetar. I've often thought how neat and cool it would be to blow my own mind if I could play like Joe Bonamassa, Robert Plant, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Walter Trout, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, or Jimi Hendrix. Nobody else need be around for an audience.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

It does look like a super geetar. I've often thought how neat and cool it would be to blow my own mind if I could play like Joe Bonamassa, Robert Plant, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Walter Trout, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, or Jimi Hendrix. Nobody else need be around for an audience.

The rest of the day isn't really mine....I'm booked up with.
:frown: But I'll make it downstairs to hit a few balls on and off, work on a kicking method I've come up.

The cool thing about learning guitar, learning to play like those great guitarists you named, is that you can have your guitar on you anytime, anywhere for practice. I always have an electric guitar handy, so unlike pool there is always opportunity to work on things. Right now I'm on a temporary hiatus from band gigs and all day pool playing sessions, but I find time for practice in little bits here and there. And you are correct.....no audience is needed to enjoy it.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't forget Buddy Guy, Robert Jr. Lockwood, and Eric Clapton..........Mike Bloomfield was pretty strong too (before he went crazy and doped himself to death).

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't forget Buddy Guy, Robert Jr. Lockwood, and Eric Clapton..........Mike Bloomfield was pretty strong too (before he went crazy and doped himself to death).

Robert Lockwood, Jr.....loved his finger picking delta blues style. Saw him live back in the early 2000's at a music festival in Kentucky. He was great!

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

I didn't forget Buddy Guy, I just forgot to POST Buddy Guy. :confused::D

Jimi got inspiration and ideas from Buddy Guy. He was in the audience like a regular Joe Blow at one of Buddy's concerts. At the time, Buddy didn't even know who Jimi Hendrix was when he was told Jimi was in the audience. (Deep into the story below.)

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...drix-the-life-and-times-of-buddy-guy-20151104

Here they are jamming together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq3rWLySRf8&start_radio=1&list=RDpq3rWLySRf8#t=3

Buddy imitating both Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC0fT5f7g_I

This thread has morphed into a helluva lot more fun than talking about aiming systems.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't forget Buddy Guy, I just forgot to POST Buddy Guy. :confused::D
Jimi got inspiration and ideas from Buddy Guy. He was in the audience like a regular Joe Blow at one of Buddy's concerts. At the time, Buddy didn't even know who Jimi Hendrix was when he was told Jimi was in the audience. (Deep into the story below.)
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...drix-the-life-and-times-of-buddy-guy-20151104
Here they are jamming together:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq3rWLySRf8&start_radio=1&list=RDpq3rWLySRf8#t=3
Buddy imitating both Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC0fT5f7g_I
This thread has morphed into a helluva lot more fun than talking about aiming systems.[/B]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..............deleted
I should've had better sense than to post any satirical foolishness in here.
Life goes on.
Low. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.