What center cueball has done for "The Blade"Stevie Moore

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What center cue ball has done for me

I've been playing pool for approximately 29 years. For the first 23 years of my life I had never had any instruction. No books, no videos, and no one on one instructor to show me the flaws in my stroke or even what I should be looking at to aim. Little did I know I had been playing all this time with a flawed stroke. It was all feel and trial and error. What a long an lonely road. Not a bad one tho. I've had lots of fun learning this wonderful game. But oh if I knew then what I know now. Lol! :) High insight. What I did have was determination. N I got this from my mama. Thank ya mama! I love you always!

Lucky me I ran up on Stan and Landon Shuffett in 2006 for the first time in Los Angeles CA. At that tournament I approached him about learning how to teach. As soon as I stopped talkin he confidently said. Not only will i teach you how to teach, I will guarantee to improve your game by a minimum of 10%. At that time, I was considered top 20 in the country as far as I was concerned and 10% didn't really strike me as being much of an improvement. Oh how ignorant I was. Lol! I thought whatever. Just show me some stuff so I can have some information to maybe explain some things to people that were interested in getting instruction from me. I was working as a bartender at Mr Cues 2 in Atlanta,Ga and I was getting a few folks interested in instruction but I was clueless. I gave a few lessons and could clearly see I had no idea what the hell I was talking about other than make that ball and go two rails with outside english for position on this ball. I was a doer not a teacher. All that changed in the first 10 minutes of my week long session with Stan. It's was one of the most happiest times in my life to learn information on things that I had been doing for 20 something years with no real training. Was a blessing.

I had heard of Stan and Landon back in 2000 while I was in Kentucky hustlin pool. For some reason tho I decided not to go and try to gamble with Stan. Fate has it. Was one of the best decisions of my life. Sometime around April 2007 I was invited by Stan to stay at his home and learn how to teach. Little did i know the impact of this meeting. He shared with me the knowledge that I needed in becoming the best player I could possibly be. Don't get me wrong I had the pattern play the safeties the percentages of the right shot. But I lacked routine, basic cueing knowledge and definitely did not know how to aim. Well he gave me this knowledge and I knew there was work to be done in my own game. After seeing and learning these principals I knew I was on my way to becoming a much better player and possibly number 1 ranked player in the US which has been a dream of mine since i had started playing. A much better player I am from learning CTE/Pro One guaranteed. Learning to stroke straight was another piece to the puzzle. Well, I finally got it. :) It's been a process but what else did I have to do! :)

With this being said you go and play pool with your spin and you'll be left behind to CTE/Pro One and center cueball! Good Luck with whatever you choose.

"The Blade" Stevie Moore

HOMETOWN

Spartanburg SC

TITLES

Over 100 Southeast Regional Titles
1995 World Bar Table Champion
7 Time Seminole 10 Ball Pro Tour Champion
2007 Derby City Bank Champion
2008 Steve Mizerak Champion
2009 US Bar Table 8 Ball Champion
2009&2010 NYC Champion
2010 Turning Stone XVl Runner Up
2011 New England Hall of Fame Champion
2012 US Bar Table 10 Ball Runner Up
2012 Derby City 9 Ball Runner Up
2012 Derby City Fat Boy 10 Ball Challenge Runner Up
2012 Players Championship Runner Up

Reactions: KRJ

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've been playing pool for approximately 29 years. For the first 23 years of my life I had never had any instruction. No books, no videos, and no one on one instructor to show me the flaws in my stroke or even what I should be looking at to aim. Little did I know I had been playing all this time with a flawed stroke. It was all feel and trial and error. What a long an lonely road. Not a bad one tho. I've had lots of fun learning this wonderful game. But oh if I knew then what I know now. Lol! :) High insight. What I did have was determination. N I got this from my mama. Thank ya mama! I love you always!

Lucky me I ran up on Stan and Landon Shuffett in 2006 for the first time in Los Angeles CA. At that tournament I approached him about learning how to teach. As soon as I stopped talkin he confidently said. Not only will i teach you how to teach, I will guarantee to improve your game by a minimum of 10%. At that time, I was considered top 20 in the country as far as I was concerned and 10% didn't really strike me as being much of an improvement. Oh how ignorant I was. Lol! I thought whatever. Just show me some stuff so I can have some information to maybe explain some things to people that were interested in getting instruction from me. I was working as a bartender at Mr Cues 2 in Atlanta,Ga and I was getting a few folks interested in instruction but I was clueless. I gave a few lessons and could clearly see I had no idea what the hell I was talking about other than make that ball and go two rails with outside english for position on this ball. I was a doer not a teacher. All that changed in the first 10 minutes of my week long session with Stan. It's was one of the most happiest times in my life to learn information on things that I had been doing for 20 something years with no real training. Was a blessing.

I had heard of Stan and Landon back in 2000 while I was in Kentucky hustlin pool. For some reason tho I decided not to go and try to gamble with Stan. Fate has it. Was one of the best decisions of my life. Sometime around April 2007 I was invited by Stan to stay at his home and learn how to teach. Little did i know the impact of this meeting. He shared with me the knowledge that I needed in becoming the best player I could possibly be. Don't get me wrong I had the pattern play the safeties the percentages of the right shot. But I lacked routine, basic cueing knowledge and definitely did not know how to aim. Well he gave me this knowledge and I knew there was work to be done in my own game. After seeing and learning these principals I knew I was on my way to becoming a much better player and possibly number 1 ranked player in the US which has been a dream of mine since i had started playing. A much better player I am from learning CTE/Pro One guaranteed. Learning to stroke straight was another piece to the puzzle. Well, I finally got it. :) It's been a process but what else did I have to do! :)

With this being said you go and play pool with your spin and you'll be left behind to CTE/Pro One and center cueball! Good Luck with whatever you choose.

"The Blade" Stevie Moore

HOMETOWN

Spartanburg SC

TITLES

2009&2010 NYC Champion

Pretty powerful post Stevie. Honest.

You join CJ in willing to help those that are ready to listen and ready for instruction.

Man, with you two players on board there is no reason for a student not to improve.

Thanks man, I love watching you play

John

Missing Link

Lock N Link
Silver Member
Good post Stevie...and I hope/predict that those "runner up" rankings become "winner" spots in the near future...we want to see you play in the mosconi.

-Raises a beer in Lil Dz from the hometown to good pool shooters helping us all get better-

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
About time. Glad you decided to join us Stevie. It's really tough to fade the constant knock from those who will never play at your level. Thank you for telling it like it is from your perspective.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
About time. Glad you decided to join us Stevie. It's really tough to fade the constant knock from those who will never play at your level. Thank you for telling it like it is from your perspective.
Oh good - dueling fanboy cult infomercials. AzB becomes the Home Shopping Network for system wonks.

pj
chgo

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

"The Blade" Stevie Moore

HOMETOWN

Spartanburg SC

TITLES

2009&2010 NYC Champion

One of the prettiest strokes I've seen belongs to Stevie. I recommend that everybody watch him play sometime.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

"The Blade" Stevie Moore

"Bwahahahaha!!!" - said every Pinoy ever.

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

"The Blade" Stevie Moore

"Bwahahahaha!!!" - said every Pinoy ever.

Even tho it looks like they're playing spin by they're cueing action 80% maybe more of they're shots are center cue ball. Same goes with all of pros. I've seen it time n time again. That's how good they are. As you find the sweet spot of your stroke you dictate the exactness of cue ball contact. It's very simple actually. Most people haven't found the sweet spot of there
stroke nor do they hit where they think they are on the cue ball.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Oh good - dueling fanboy cult infomercials. AzB becomes the Home Shopping Network for system wonks.

pj
chgo

It will be ok. We have you and your associates to keep things in perspective. I am sure you will keep the pros grounded with plenty of criticism of whatever they would like to talk about or sell.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
It will be ok. We have you and your associates to keep things in perspective. I am sure you will keep the pros grounded with plenty of criticism of whatever they would like to talk about or sell.
I'm sure the weight of all the AzB fanboys hanging on their nuts will do that.

pj
chgo

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member

pj
chgo

PJ_zpsbd333d4e.jpg

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

pj
chgo

Aiming system users have big strong testicles. Comes from getting kicked in them repeatedly.

Anyway I am glad pros like Stevie and CJ are here to give us their perspective on pool.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo

You sure miss the RSB days don't you? I mean you still play the same as you did back then, don't you? Shame some old dogs can't learn new tricks. Would be nice if you weren't a cranky old man set in his ways.

Reactions: KRJ

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I say that center ball is the way to go and get mostly flamed for it. The "Blade says it and everyone agrees. I don't understand this.:wink:. Johnnyt

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I say that center ball is the way to go and get mostly flamed for it. The "Blade says it and everyone agrees. I don't understand this.:wink:. Johnnyt

Maybe you need an uber-cool nickname?

Lou Figueroa
or a cape...
yeah, a cape
would do it :)