What center cueball has done for "The Blade"Stevie Moore

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I fear you have outlived your useful "life" on AZB.

This will serve as your final warning.

My next visit with regard to Patrick Johnson will be of a permanent note.
Am I expected to care whether I'm banned from a "forum" dedicated to infomercials for idiots? I don't even bother to scan it any more except to see how many for-sale threads CJ Wiley has on the front page - is it three right now? Will it be four or five by the end of the day?

I fear AzB has outlived its useful life.

pj <- moving on
chgo

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't worry about the small things. I look at the bigger picture. I'm not perfect and get past other people's ways of getting over on the rest of the human race. If all I did was hawk the forums for somebody pushing the rules on etiquette decorum, I would be a miserable curmudgeon (or an unpaid, overworked, un-thanked mod).

I'd like to see many more pros come on here and give up some inspiration for us hopeless working stiffs. I don't have to agree with everything they say. I can take what I need and move on. They may overlap their info with one another or they may be completely opposite in their approaches. They may spew politically incorrect phrases that the AZB brethren have fought over in previous threads and died for. I make my own choices.

A little patience and some sorting out of the issues takes time. It's taken us years to get here. But it's not such a welcome place when the ruling mindset is to criticize everything because a few old bangers say it can't be done that way. Because they've never been able to do it, the Spanish Inquisition rules are instituted to save all of us from hurting ourselves and THE GAME.

They are pros. They make their living off of their knowledge and abilities. For a small fee, we can buy their wares or ignore them. Trying to stop their free contributions because a future shekel may have to be parted with to get a more meaningful description, is no reason to stonewall and dissect every post to discredit them. I go to work and get paid for what I know. They are helping many and may make a buck or two in the process. We can ignore them. That is each poster's choice. Saving the internet and making it PC is not necessary.

Best,
Mike

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I don't worry about the small things. I look at the bigger picture. I'm not perfect and get past other people's ways of getting over on the rest of the human race. If all I did was hawk the forums for somebody pushing the rules on etiquette decorum, I would be a miserable curmudgeon (or an unpaid, overworked, un-thanked mod).

I'd like to see many more pros come on here and give up some inspiration for us hopeless working stiffs. I don't have to agree with everything they say. I can take what I need and move on. They may overlap their info with one another or they may be completely opposite in their approaches. They may spew politically incorrect phrases that the AZB brethren have fought over in previous threads and died for. I make my own choices.

A little patience and some sorting out of the issues takes time. It's taken us years to get here. But it's not such a welcome place when the ruling mindset is to criticize everything because a few old bangers say it can't be done that way. Because they've never been able to do it, the Spanish Inquisition rules are instituted to save all of us from hurting ourselves and THE GAME.

They are pros. They make their living off of their knowledge and abilities. For a small fee, we can buy their wares or ignore them. Trying to stop their free contributions because a future shekel may have to be parted with to get a more meaningful description, is no reason to stonewall and dissect every post to discredit them. I go to work and get paid for what I know. They are helping many and may make a buck or two in the process. We can ignore them. That is each poster's choice. Saving the internet and making it PC is not necessary.

Best,
Mike

Nice post Mike!

AZ Billiards forums are not fiefdoms for anyone. The forums are here for us all.

The forums are first and foremost an interlude for most of our lives. It is nice to learn the how and why of pool as the academics are so inclined to share. The truth is that if a few of the academics would sit there and learn from the professional players, they could magnify their scope of the higher end of playing pool. The forums are not just here to just reduce the game of pocket billiards down to some academic forumla. Pocket billiards is a visual sport and we don't all see things the same.

Sitting on the sidelines sniping at "anyone" because you don't like their uber-cool nickname, their style, their popularity, their fan base, their spelling, their grammar or the way they speak just plain sucks. It makes some of us look jealous and infantile. ;-)

Hopefully, AZB pool forums are entering a new era of tolerance and welcome for the professional pool players. From what I am reading, it appears that the world is indeed "moving on". I'm excited about the prospects of other pro players coming back to the forums and sharing their knowledge and perhaps making a buck or two in the process.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've learned, in my maturing years that there are many things to life and "profit"

I'm glad to have Stevie Moore adding his knowledge and expertise as well. As long as I've been posting I've suggested there are 3 main "themes" of how to play pocket billiards.

I discovered one way that is proven effective using the Touch Of Inside and "working the ball" consistently and Stevie represents another effective system that involves using Center ball {and CTE PRO1} on a consistent basis.

Both are proven effective and I enjoy hearing Stevie's "spin"(pardon the pun:)) on using center/CTE PRO1 and also his views on the mental game. I'll "stick" to "touching on" what I'm considered an expert in and that's using the Inside/No Spin method of the TOI.

I also enjoy the subject of the "mental Game of pool," personally, and we've just scratched the surface involving that subject. The Game teaches as much mentally as it does physically and I look forward to sharing my experiences, especially about competition.

It's too bad about pj's attitude, he seems to get upset about me {talking about} making instructional videos when the fact is it costs me a great deal of money to make them and my time on azbilliards is done as a "non profit contribution" back to pool. I know it's unusual, however, I've explained in the past that I'm not "doing it for free," I actually enjoy helping other players and I owe The Game a huge dept of gratitude.

If my incentive was just to "try to make money" I believe anyone that knows me personally would agree I would be running another business, not spending my time trying to "break even". I've learned, in my maturing years that there are many things to life and "profit" comes from happiness first and foremost. 'The Game is my Teacher'

Last edited:

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member
Am I expected to care whether I'm banned from a "forum" dedicated to infomercials for idiots? I don't even bother to scan it any more except to see how many for-sale threads CJ Wiley has on the front page - is it three right now? Will it be four or five by the end of the day?

I fear AzB has outlived its useful life.

pj <- moving on
chgo

So some of the best players around with a record of top tier achievement come in here and want to share their knowledge which can help others play better......and maybe even make a buck or two as a result and that's a problem with you?

I happen to think they've worked hard to get to where they are, proven themselves in the pool community, and have earned the right to do what they're doing - unlike you. Here's a crazy idea - if you don't care for what they're doing feel free to make that choice and politely move along....others can make their own choice as well.

But like you insist on doing in plenty of other things you just can't stop yourself from interjecting from a misplaced sense of intellectual and moral superiority as if you know better than everybody else - when history shows that most certainly is not the case. Frankly, irrelevant little people like you help drive away top tier players from participating here because you just can't help but express your envy by trying to piss all over their legs like they infringed on your territory or something.

I always knew you had issues......but this one takes the cake. What's the matter.....were they supposed to get your approval first? Do you want your fair share of the fruits of their labor? Never mind, rhetorical questions in case you missed it.

I was undecided about buying CJ's products and supporting what he has been doing here......but you closed the deal for me - I'll be buying them soon. Thanks at least for that.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
I love watching Stevie play. Some of his Seminole tour matches were epic...he has as much fight in him as anyone I've watched. I think he played Brain Brekke in the finals one time, and just willed himself to victory despite being down most of the match.

When I lived in GA, I heard that you and Bruce Berrong went on the road a bit. Any stories you'd care to share?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
CJ:
It's too bad about pj's attitude, he seems to get upset about me {talking about} making instructional videos
I simply correct the misinformation you spread, CJ. As you've discovered (to your profit) many here are unable to see past your semi-celebrity status and snappy infomercial patter without somebody like me pointing out your factual errors. Of course the Forum Fanboys mostly don't care to see, but other readers might...

pj
chgo

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I simply correct the misinformation you spread, CJ. As you've discovered (to your profit) many here are unable to see past your semi-celebrity status and snappy infomercial patter without somebody like me pointing out your factual errors. Of course the Forum Fanboys mostly don't care to see, but other readers might...

pj
chgo

"Moving on" doesn't mean what I thought it did.

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member

pj
chgo

Please list your qualifications and accomplishments in regard to pool so we can all better evaluate what you saying.

Thanks in advance.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
So there are pro players "sharing misinformation" but they perform at a high level, are very involved in the sport, give lessons, get thanked repeatedly by lots of posters daily, and don't have a problem staying away from the ban hammer.

Then there are a couple of guys who "identify the lies" spread by these pro players, don't perform at a very high level that anyone knows of, don't play or attend major tournaments, don't have any well know students to show off, get into agruments on here daily, and have repeatedly been banned.

Hhmmm, looks pretty clear to me who is winning and losing.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo

Thanks for the new sig, PJ. I knew you had a goal in life. Will there be a Forum Fanboy Anonymous org for us in the near future after you chase a few of these pesky, know nothing pros away? Don't leave me "hanging". happy0129.gif

Best,
Mike

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

pj
chgo

I think it's a great service you provide to CJ and anyone else with some sort of instructional material to sell. Professional fact checkers cost money and with doing it for free and so eagerly I applaud your contribution to pool. You devoting your time to making sure pros knows the exact rate of deflection for every pivot point is highly commendable.

And I am sure that the readers do appreciate your constant interjection of such important information as the number of possible cut angles from a given starting point. No pro should be without a trusty fact checker by their side.

You could even have a catchy verb named after you, Patchecked. As in CJ, did you get that Patchecked before you put it in the video?

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
What I find funny is that PJ could be right about some things but can't help but be a douche bag when pointing them out.

Bob Jewett- real life pool expert, has no problem correcting posters on here in a nice way

Patrick Johnson- self proclaimed internet pool expert, can't stop self from being an ass

I guess that explains it, PJ is trying to compensate for something. Do you drive a huge yellow Hummer too?

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
We all have to learn from our experiences in life and that's how we grow and develop

pj
chgo

I'm sure the "other readers" are glad to have you defending them from "a higher margin of error," of misinformation related to their pool games.

I guess the flaw in what you're saying is I can demonstrate everything I talk about. There isn't any "misinformation" to this statement. It's a simple fact and for some reason it makes you "feel funny inside."

I'm sorry you feel that way, it was not my intention to hurt you in any way. We all have to learn from our experiences in life and maybe this will lead you to a better understanding of yourself {and others} and how you relate to the Game. 'The Game is Your Teacher' (not CJ Wiley)
:groucho:

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stevie

Stevie, what was your stroke flaw you talked about and was it a simple for you to fix it? Could you explain a little more about it? I've developed a little un-intended "touch of outside" hit on the cueball in my stroke and its hurting my game. Thanks John

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo

Nobody cares if what CJ says isn't completely accurate according to the laws of billiards physics. All that matters is if it makes them play better, and for a lot people on here, it does.

Pool is a results oriented game. Great players know what will happen when they hit a shot a certain way. The "why" is irrelevant.