What is it?

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is pool related.
Just looking to have some and at the same time show off something I made not to long ago.
The below illustrations are 3D renderings of something I drew up in AutoCAD, exported the file to a STL File (STereoLithography) that was later put onto 3D Plotter that created the devise I will be sharing with all.
I will post up actual pictures of the device either later tonight or when someone pretty much figures it out.
Hint - The final device is made of ABS Plastic, portable and light.
So now have some fun and let me know what you think it may be.

Last edited:

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Guess?

His and Her's Wall Mounted Kleenex Tissue Box Holder for easy reach....after a hard game of Pocket Pool

Last edited:

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
May have to convert my device into some of these other ideas.
Getting interesting!

Last hint:
Diamonds are without them.
Be back in a couple of hours!

Last edited:

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a type of score counter.

BINGO!
Will send some greenies to all but did too much of that today and have to wait 24 hours.

The story is that I made this because I like to play 14.1 every now and then.
The place I play regularly had GC4's but without the rail counters.
So I figure I would make something small enough to carry every time I play.

Last edited:

J&D CUSTOMS

JL Cues
Silver Member
Very cool idea and executed very well also. I like it! This would be an item many would like I think. Great idea and great final look. Congrats!

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
BINGO!
Will send some greenies to all but did too much of that today and have to wait 24 hours.

The story is that I made this because I like to play 14.1 every now and then.
The place I play regularly had GC4's but without the rail counters.
So I figure I would make something small enough to carry every time I play.

Here is the final image so let me know what you think...
Myron
Assembled-2.jpg

Thats a pretty cool counter Myron. Thanks for sharing & extra sharp pics as always sir. See you at the SBE in march.
Jeff

jetlau3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really love this idea. Does anyone have any idea where a portable handheld counter (minimum of 2) can be bought? I have the same problem as you pooldawg as the place I play has nice diamonds but no counters or strings..

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PS, I'm guessing you got the score counter itself off ebay from minesamusement??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chrome-Rail-Sco...aultDomain_0?hash=item5638a24a47#ht_500wt_944

Do these work on their own or do they have to be mounted in something?? heavy?

I bought my set through Mueller.
The come in two versions:
Antique Brass Rail Score Counter
Chrome Rail Score Counter

The counter is made to fit into a cut out and with a rail radius of the Gold Crown tables - They cannot free stand.
That made it kind of interesting as to measure and later create a radius on the enclosure I made.
The enclosure does not have to be heavy at all but the face needs to be sturdy which is why I put a center support into the bottom piece to support the face as the score is changed.

Hope this answers all your questions and thanks to everyone for the comments and attempts at guessing what it was.
Myron