What is the best DVD for learning the Diamond System?

cuejunkie

"In the Shadows"
Silver Member
I am coaching an alternate for my league team and would like to familiarize both him and myself with the Diamond System.

What are some good DVD's that teach/explain this system?

Geometry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am coaching an alternate for my league team and would like to familiarize both him and myself with the Diamond System.

Personally, I think that kicking systems are junk. There is no substitute for practice.

RoryHunt

The King of "so close."
Silver Member

The Monk 202 Foundations for kicking and banking. I don't use the one rail bank from that dvd, but the kicking system is really accurate, just takes practice. Also, kicking systems don't suck. Not at all. They are really helpful when you get them down.

Also, it isn't made by the monk, it is from Dr. Cue Tom Rossman.

http://www.drcuepromotions.com/products/index.html

Last edited:

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Personally, I think that kicking systems are junk. There is no substitute for practice.

I've always been thinking like that, but after I met Joe Villalpando at the DCC I changed my mind.

I put up 15 shots on a table, and he told me where to hit, and I hit 14 out of 15 shots.

I then got his DVD, pooliq.net, and have practiced the system a little, and it works good.

I have always banked and kicked on feel, and will continue to do so in the future, but it's nice to know a system too, and I am now using JoeV's system to double-check.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Odd statement from a person with "geometry" as an alias. I'll assume this statement was made in gest as nothing so ludicrous could be said in earnest.

In the odd chance I'm wrong, please travel to the quad cities & gamble with Little Joe to see whether systems rule over instinct. The first ever kicking derby. :)

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
> I've always felt that Grady's video (Advanced Principles) was excellent. Tommy D.

JohnInNH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond system

I agree with the other posters, Jimmy Reid's system is second to none, the basic system is simple and easy to unerstand until he starts talking about a spot on the wall, that is where he lost me, ha ha, other than that it's great.

John

renard

Play in these conditions?
Silver Member
I like Grady Mathews tape, "Nothing But Kicks."

Kicking systems are not junk. They give you a starting point to build from with practice. The more you know the bigger the arsenal you bring to the table. The more its practiced the deadlier the result for your opponent.

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member

:eek:

Practicing won't do you any good if you don't have a foundation to start from, it's not going to do you any good.

Just sayn'

I also second (or is it 4th by now) Jimmy Rieds videos.....

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have J. Reids' and it is very good. T. Rossmans' is also very good. I haven't seen it, but Joe V. info is very good. Dr. Dave now has his kicking tape out, and it looks to be very good also.

You don't have to memorize any numbers with any of them. You already know how to count to 10. (I hope!;)) You just have to remember where the numbers go, which, once you understand the system, is not hard.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I've always been thinking like that, but after I met Joe Villalpando at the DCC I changed my mind.

I put up 15 shots on a table, and he told me where to hit, and I hit 14 out of 15 shots.

I then got his DVD, pooliq.net, and have practiced the system a little, and it works good.

I have always banked and kicked on feel, and will continue to do so in the future, but it's nice to know a system too, and I am now using JoeV's system to double-check.

Little Joe's Stuff Rockes!!!!!!!

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have J. Reids' and it is very good. T. Rossmans' is also very good. I haven't seen it, but Joe V. info is very good. Dr. Dave now has his kicking tape out, and it looks to be very good also.

You don't have to memorize any numbers with any of them. You already know how to count to 10. (I hope!;)) You just have to remember where the numbers go, which, once you understand the system, is not hard.

That's cool man, as long as I only have to remember them and not memorize them.

:thumbup:

NineballBEN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

"Practicing won't do you any good if you don't have a foundation to start from, it's not going to do you any good"

Amen amen and amen,I used to be like this,then I was shown how all I was doing was bangin balls,(practicing feeling ?) and how much better I should have been :mad:considering my practice hours of 4pm till 4am 5 days a week.I really like Dr. Cues :thumbup:tapes,Mr Reids' and Mr.Villapandos' info.Remember knowledge is power & my people (US pool players) perish for lack of knowledge.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member

cuejunkie

"In the Shadows"
Silver Member
here's what i'm hearing so far...

I do pretty well using Jimmy Reid's system.
Jimmy Reid's name kept coming up when I googled diamond system dvds

I second that, Jimmy Reid has some great DVDs on this, although it's a lot to take in.
2 votes for Jimmy Reid

The Monk 202 Foundations for kicking and banking. I don't use the one rail bank from that dvd, but the kicking system is really accurate, just takes practice. Also, kicking systems don't suck. Not at all. They are really helpful when you get them down.
Also, it isn't made by the monk, it is from Dr. Cue Tom Rossman.
http://www.drcuepromotions.com/products/index.html

Saw some Monk Dvds on eBay and they were priced really nice.

Joe Villalpando... going to have to check out that website and get more info.

> I've always felt that Grady's video (Advanced Principles) was excellent. Tommy D.
Grady Mathews? I love reading his column in InsidePool Mag

Practicing won't do you any good if you don't have a foundation to start from, it's not going to do you any good.
Just sayn'
I also second (or is it 4th by now) Jimmy Rieds videos.....
Sounds like Jimmy Reid is getting strong endorsement so far

Many thanks Dr Dave. Checking them out now, -marlo

Last edited:

cuejunkie

"In the Shadows"
Silver Member
great suggestions/ keep 'em coming

Wish I had the scratch to afford and buy all of these peoples' great DVDs!

From what I am hearing so far, these people sound extremely knowledgeable.

A few factors which I am considering before buying one of these instructional DVDs are:

• Quality of content - how much useful information it has to offer
  • Ease of learning/understanding - hope it's not "Greek to me" or flies over my head
  • Price - would really like not to break my wallet :smile:

I appreciate everyone's input and invite everyone to keep sending in their suggestions on what DVD best teaches the diamond system.

Keep those posts coming AZers! Thanks! :thumbup: