What's the latest on Moori Tips?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking for two Moori Medium tips, but I remember something about them being graded differently, or not made the same as the ones I bought several years ago. What's the comparable tip to buy now?

Thanks.
 
I was looking for two Moori Medium tips, but I remember something about them being graded differently, or not made the same as the ones I bought several years ago. What's the comparable tip to buy now?

Thanks.

I've still got some original Mooris from when he was a one-man shop.
They are great..not so fond of the new ones.
Molivia and Kamui are good.
But I rate Sniper tips by Tiger equally as good.

I went to a lotta trouble to dredge up that info.
There is a slight fee.....the cue in your avatar....:D
 
Are these all laminated tips? Not sure whether to try and find an original Moori, or try one of the other brands. Nice thing about the Moori is no mushrooming at all.
 
I've had Moori's that mushroomed worse than any other tip.

That's why I like the originals..Ted Harris put my first one on...and it lasted
3 years...didn't play every day but entered a lot of tournaments.
My second one lasted just as long.

Got Snipers on a couple cues and I like them.
Been playing with layered tips for about 20 years..think they're superior
 
The old Mooris were awesome.... The new Mooris, horrible.

If you like the old Moori mediums a soft Kamui Black is just what you want, IMO. It will seem a little too soft at first but after 5-6 hours of play its great.
 
I've never met a Moori I didn't like.......

That being said I put on a hard black Kamui over the weekend, played in a league tournament, now I'm going to be installing them on all but one of my shafts......been playing with Moori quick for about 5 years now
 
i like the talisman hards and the 14mm triangle tips. maybe it's the 15mm ones i'm thinking of but you get what i'm saying
 
The new Mooris are ok for a while.
I installed one on my wifes cue. It held its shape for some time and then flattened after every league night. She got about half use out of it before I replaced it. Not the only person I have run across with this problem.

I try and talk players into a Talisman or Wizard. Or as PT mentioned, Snipers are a good option.

I gave one guy a Moori, he had it installed by another repairman, then called me and told me it played like a hard. He then started a rumor that I was selling Moori knock offs. Last time I do someone a favor and give them a tip for cost.

But anyhow, I still like the Mooris, they are just not as reliable as before.
 
Yeah, but you have one M and one MIII. I don't know the difference, but there must be one. I was looking for two old M tips. I might also consider trying the Kamui S black, as was recommended here. Anybody else have experience with Kamui?

Honestly I'm not sure of the difference either but I know they don't look like the new ones being sold today..

Anyone know of the difference between the two?
 
Honestly I'm not sure of the difference either but I know they don't look like the new ones being sold today..

Anyone know of the difference between the two?

I forgot where I read this, but it was an article somewhere on the Web, it could be BS, but I will just paraphrase what the article stated...

The number associated with Moori tips (e.g.: 3) is regarding the type of packaging, and it's not related to the makeup of the tip itself. The packaging had been enhanced a few times to make it harder to counterfeit, which was a problem for Moori a couple years ago. The tip does change over time (note: when the article was written, the Moori were the newest tips, and they seemed to be harder tips than the previous Mooris. And now Moori 5 tips seem to be pretty different than the prior gen).

Take that for what it is, just something i read and may not be valid. Or maybe it was valid when Moori 3 tips were the newest, but not now. Maybe somebody can confirm or nullify the article.

Abs
 
That's why I like the originals..Ted Harris put my first one on...and it lasted
3 years...didn't play every day but entered a lot of tournaments.
My second one lasted just as long.

Got Snipers on a couple cues and I like them.
Been playing with layered tips for about 20 years..think they're superior

I used the original Moori tips until I couldn't find them any longer. I liked the Soft or Slow version the best. I agree with you about Sniper tips being very similar to the Soft or Slow Moori original tips. I use Sniper tips now and i'm very satisfied with them.

James
 
Back
Top