What's up with Rodney Morris?

Rospaw1966

Rocket .......Shingles .......
The man is not done in the billiard world. He STILL is a hell of a player and when he gets over the shingles, i hope to see him make some more tournament appearances. Natural talent and deserves the Hall Of Fame!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one trait I admire of today's Rodney Morris is he is still humble and communicates with all of his fans on social media. There are some pros who have social media accounts, but because of their busy schedules and/or their time spent on social media, they only "like" and reply to a very minute amount of posts. That's not Rodney. Rodney replies to all of them.

In the prime of his career, nobody wanted to pull Rodney's name in a tournament. He was capable of winning anything and everything.

I wish Rodney much happiness in life. He's been kind to everyone he meets, and in my opinion, he's one of the good guys.

ChuckJones1987

Registered
Rodney and Co. Put these out recently

BrdzGmv.jpeg

vfZYhZs.jpeg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is TSPN? I googled it and don't find anything that seems relavent.
sort of a MLM pool deal. they were doing pretty good til covid. not sure if its still a thing or not. you replied to thread on TSPN back in '19 so i assume you do know what its is.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rocket .......Shingles .......
The man is not done in the billiard world. He STILL is a hell of a player and when he gets over the shingles, i hope to see him make some more tournament appearances. Natural talent and deserves the Hall Of Fame!
from the looks of his FB posts he is not playing much if any pool. the shingles post was in August. he was to do a teaching event with Darren A. in Wisc.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Rodney’s us open 10 ball finals comeback against Orcullo was legendary
It sure was. That event at the Rio (2013?) came the day after the US Open 1-pocket, also won by Orcullo. Dennis seemed to be in dead stoke and stayed there during the ten-ball event. With the US Open 8-ball still to come, and Dennis on the edge of victory, some began to wonder whether Dennis could possibly win all three legs of the event.

That's why when he led Rodney Morris 9-2 in the race to 11 final of the ten-ball, the general feeling was that it was all over. It is these circumstances that made Rodney's comeback even more amazing to those watching.

Comebacks of this nature are rare indeed.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sure was. That event at the Rio (2013?) came the day after the US Open 1-pocket, also won by Orcullo. Dennis seemed to be in dead stoke and stayed there during the ten-ball event. With the US Open 8-ball still to come, and Dennis on the edge of victory, some began to wonder whether Dennis could possibly win all three legs of the event.

That's why when he led Rodney Morris 9-2 in the race to 11 final of the ten-ball, the general feeling was that it was all over. It is these circumstances that made Rodney's comeback even more amazing to those watching.

Comebacks of this nature are rare indeed.
video anywhere?

Stevexjfe

Not correct. The Sands Regency was one of the very hardest events of the year on the American pool calendar and Rodney won it twice. I always thought of that event as a major.
Rodney won the World Pool League in 2003, also could have been considered a major, a tournament that only lasted 9 years, but 6 of the 7 winners of the tournament are in the Hall of Fame.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sort of a MLM pool deal. they were doing pretty good til covid. not sure if its still a thing or not. you replied to thread on TSPN back in '19 so i assume you do know what its is.
That still didn't jog my memory. I found the post you were referring to after some searching. I wrote in 2019 "this was the first I've ever heard of it". Now, this post from today "is the second I've heard of it". I guess whatever it was it went nowhere:) Par for the pool course.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Rodney won the World Pool League in 2003, also could have been considered a major, a tournament that only lasted 9 years, but 6 of the 7 winners of the tournament are in the Hall of Fame.
I don't even remember that event.

Racky BallBoa

Registered
One of if not the most fun guys in pool. Pro or not. Just a blast to hang with. I sat with him at a bar one night for over two hours talking pool stories and drinking. Best time ever in a pool room..

We laughed got buzzed and had a great time. I was hustling on N.Shit Street in Honolulu in 1970. Playing 8 ball on bar boxes with military guys on R & R from Nam. Playing for 5 bucks a game. Told Rodney all about it. I was 18 and a skinny white kid. Rodney was laughing and said he knew I was telling the truth when I called it Shit Street..

U hadda been there!

Rodney is right where he deserves to be. If you don't think so gamble with him sometime big boy!

PS I should have added N. Shit Street is actually N. Hotel Street and back in 1970 it was seedy bars and strip joints. Pretty rough and tough, I never had any trouble cause the stakes were small and I only took small bites out of the apple...lol
I was one of those military guys on R & R in Hawaii from Nam back in 1970. Went there to meet my New Jersey girlfriend and had no time for shooting pool. However, I did make over $5000 gambling by shooting pool against other military guys in the service recreational club houses in 1970. I was sending so much money home that those in authority suspected I might be dealing in the black market.