When I Die

Which Inscription Do You Suggest Or Prefer On My Urn ?

• Total voters

Milo

NPL CHIX, WE DID IT!!!!!
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
OK, I choose "I'm All In And Drawing Dead."

Doug
(thanks for the votes and suggestions............ I feel better already) :)

Sniff, Sniff. I thought my suggestions would be seriously considered.

No chicken pasta salad for you!!! LOL

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
the9ballroller said:
LOL, You give that short guy wayyyyy too much credit.

;)

Roller

BTW,
Was the infamous "Shorty" from AZBilliards of old at the Jacksonville Amateur tournament last weekend?
JoeyA

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, I choose "I'm All In And Drawing Dead."

Doug
(thanks for the votes and suggestions............ I feel better already) :)

Trying to keep his spirits up during a difficult time in his life, he sprinkled this forum with his humor.

The very last post that Smorgass Bored made on this forum was 8:21 p.m., EST, March 3, 2009, and he chose this quote, "I'm all in and drawing dead." Even in his passing, he still wants to make others smile.

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I try to tell people

Trying to keep his spirits up during a difficult time in his life, he sprinkled this forum with his humor.

The very last post that Smorgass Bored made on this forum was 8:21 p.m., EST, March 3, 2009, and he chose this quote, "I'm all in and drawing dead." Even in his passing, he still wants to make others smile.

It is a real gift to be able to make another person smile. No matter if it's a stranger on the street, a friend who knows you're a nut case, or an internet friend. The world needs more people who will try to make life better, by putting a smile on the faces around them. Smorg had a gift for doing this to people. May he rest in peace.

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a real gift to be able to make another person smile. No matter if it's a stranger on the street, a friend who knows you're a nut case, or an internet friend. The world needs more people who will try to make life better, by putting a smile on the faces around them. Smorg had a gift for doing this to people. May he rest in peace.

Amen, Sam.

TorranceChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He was sharp, witty, and thoughtful to the end; thanks for bringing this back up.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
"When I'm dead, dead and gone. There'll be one less child to carry on, to carry on..." :cool:

For those of us who don't know, who was Smorg?

Last edited:

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
"When I'm dead, dead and gone. There'll be one less child to carry on, to carry on..." :cool:

For those of us who don't know, who was Smorg?

Smorg was one of those rare people that you may be lucky enough to cross paths with once or twice in your life. I don't know how many Az posters have actually met Smorg in person, but even those that were just fortunate enough to have interacted with him on the forum grew to love and respect him, doubt whether anyone will ever forget him.

Every post of his was a gem, witty, funny, intelligent and kind, all rolled into one....even when he was not pleased with you he let you know it in the same manner with some fairness thrown in. Don't remember him ever being very far off the mark.

My explaination of Smorg is probably not adequate, but it's the best I can do right now. Maybe someone can add whatever I missed.

PS: He posted this humorous poll not too long before he passed away...always trying to make others smile. God bless him.

Jim

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
He had a unique sense of humor and it would have been nice to have met him. There are many of you members on here I hope to meet one day. :smile:

Laura Friedman

Registered
I haven't been to this site in a long time, maybe two years. I am so sad to find this thread.

I knew Smorg back in the RSB days, when I was still playing and writing. We stayed in touch through email, and I always smiled when I saw an email from him in my inbox.

He was a unique and special voice. A gentle, kind soul with a wicked wit. He was a friend and I'll remember him always.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
So what became of the inscription on his urn?
MULLY

Now there's a pertinant question... I'm just not sure it's any of our business. But... inquiring minds....

I don't know how I missed this thread back when.