Where are they now?

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, in his case (and this is 99% speculation), he mainly gambled, and truthfully, I don't know too many hard core religious players who gamble. I would imagine it isn't much fun to only play funsy pool after playing top players in high dollar matches. Not only that, if you don't play many tourneys, it is really hard to get any decent competition for a player of that caliber without gambling. Not knocking anyone's views or anything, just trying to throw out a possible explanation. In my (somewhat limited) experience, many hard core corn-agains tend to look down their nose at some aspects of their old lives, especially if sponsors/new peers tend to think little of those activities. This is only from my experience with two old friends who likely wouldn't have played pool under any circumstances after their lifestyle changes. Who knows?

It's not gambling if you're really good! :)

Run the Century

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Jay

Im actually still good friends with the Dabarber and make it to his house when I come visit So Ca. He has lost touch with all these guys. Its funny - only knowing nicknames makes it tough finding people on facebook!

76poolman

Registered
does anyone know where tony watson and stevie moore are now a days? I havent seen them in 10years or so.. If you see them, tell them I am looking for them. I heard tony was in fayetteville and stevie was back home in sc. I dont have their numbers anymore. 910-654-6644

BumpnRun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
does anyone know where tony watson and stevie moore are now a days? I havent seen them in 10years or so.. If you see them, tell them I am looking for them. I heard tony was in fayetteville and stevie was back home in sc. I dont have their numbers anymore. 910-654-6644

He's right behind you! :eek: (look 6 posts back from yours)

delta boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
does anyone know or seen jack hines or smokey bartlett recently?both were grest bar table players

punkin

Anybody know about:

Big John?
Texas Bob?
Erik Friar?
Brian (stripper g-friend Sumi)?
Johnny Borba?

Big John from IN? Someone told me that he's in TN, arm wrestling and playing pool.

Sean Azares goes to AK every year to work the salmon run and then comes back to the lower 48 for the rest of the year. (Tony is his friend, kind of like a big brother.) Haven't heard from his for a while, but he's probably back in CA...

Now, how about Jaffar Bashear/Patch from Philly?
Wade Crane aka Billy Johnson?
Harley Bryan from FL?
Jack Cooney (gf Barbara)?

spoonie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where are they now

Bobby Pickle-heard he got into some trouble,ain;nt seen where he's been
playin any tournaments lately.

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmm, interesting thread...here's my additions to it:

Troy Frank
John Horsfall

They went from winning tournaments to not even on the radar in one fell swoop.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
June Bug! My man. He spent some time with me in Venice Beach back in the 80's. He loved Volvo's and left one at my place for several months. I grew to like that car. We ran around L.A. a bit and he beat everyone he played until he ran into Bill Mielke in Santa Monica. I warned Jr. not to play him but to no avail. They played a couple of times and the very steady Mielke slowly wore him down each time. Bill was a Breedlove type player, a real grinder. Nothing spectacular, he just kept getting out - rack after rack!

After that Jr. went back to Colorado where he had a girl. I know he went back East later and not sure where he is now. I think he got deep into religion, but I'm sure he's still playing pool. He did fly in to pick up his car (one of several Volvo's he owned) about six months later.

Last I heard maybe 1 year ago, Jr was in Ft worth tx and building his own line of furniture! That 's right, I didn't know he could build a snowman.LOL
he did get deep into religion. After that bad car wreck years ago he changed a lot. Last time I saw him play, he was a mere shadow of the old JR.
I heard his doing well Which is good, I liked JR! He was wired a little tight, but, an okay guy!

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
What about Eric Durbin? I never really knew him personally, but I really enjoyed watching him play Larry Price in onepocket.